Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 07:42 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Only Trumpies would politicize the very civil idea of restrooms in eateries.

Have you no shame? None at all?

Fearful and Angry people can look at everything...and find something wrong with it. To a person who thinks having a place to pee is political, that seems to lead to a "conclusions" - but heck if I know that is!

BTW, Dunkin Donuts have allowed anyone to use their restrooms for many decades. I know...I used to be on the road quite a bit.

I think you are missing the point. Starbucks is a Liberal haven. The Dems I know will bypass other coffee shops to seek out a Starbucks. The Republicans I know are more sensible and will buy a cup of coffee that is convenient, economical and they enjoy.

Who in their right mind would want to hang out at a Starbucks where drug addicts are using the bathrooms to shoot up?

The only reason that politics was brought up and compared to this mess at Starbucks was to point out the irony of Liberal ideas in the real world and the hypocrisy that the very Liberal coffee shop wanted to open its bathroom doors to all but now they are closed to everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 07:57 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think you are missing the point. Starbucks is a Liberal haven. The Dems I know will bypass other coffee shops to seek out a Starbucks. The Republicans I know are more sensible and will buy a cup of coffee that is convenient, economical and they enjoy.

Who in their right mind would want to hang out at a Starbucks where drug addicts are using the bathrooms to shoot up?

The only reason that politics was brought up and compared to this mess at Starbucks was to point out the irony of Liberal ideas in the real world and the hypocrisy that the very Liberal coffee shop wanted to open its bathroom doors to all but now they are closed to everyone.
I've read a lot of dumb things on this forum and this one probably takes at least second place for the day. LOL! People who like burnt coffee go to Starbucks. There are four of them within 10 minutes of my house in a red city, and they're always busy. Their bathrooms are unlocked, too; I've run in to go potty before, but I almost never buy anything there because their coffee sucks and costs too much. The whole idea of politicizing where people go to the bathroom is very much a republican thing and very odd, IMO. I've used public bathrooms in big cities with large homeless populations and I've never seen anyone shooting up or passed out in a Target or coffee shop bathroom. Not even in a library bathroom, and the homeless do tend to hang out at libraries during the day.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:00 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Talk about ruining a brand. We have every coffee company in existence in our suburb and it was really nice for Starbucks to give us a reason to not choose them.

When you let activists make decisions that affect your bottom line. I think the CEO would be better off becoming addicted to meth.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:21 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Wow, are you listening to yourself? You’re actually defending junkies shooting up in Starbucks bathrooms and leaving their possibly HIV or Hepatitis infected needles lying around?
No hon, that’s simply your perception.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:21 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Talk about ruining a brand. We have every coffee company in existence in our suburb and it was really nice for Starbucks to give us a reason to not choose them.

When you let activists make decisions that affect your bottom line. I think the CEO would be better off becoming addicted to meth.

And that, right there, is the main problem. Liberal activists are, as a group, whiny, self-indulgent, arrogant, annoying, and completely clueless about the way things actually are in the real world. And they are never satisfied. Any company that bends to accommodate their whims is asking for a never-ending stream of trouble.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:59 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No hon, that’s simply your perception.
That’s effectively what you were doing. It’s no big deal, just public restrooms and more stuff the employees have to clean. No biggie right? I don’t know where you live, but where I live needles left behind by junkies is not acceptable or to be considered normal. I sure wouldn’t want to clean that up at my minimum wage job.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:38 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That’s effectively what you were doing. It’s no big deal, just public restrooms and more stuff the employees have to clean. No biggie right? I don’t know where you live, but where I live needles left behind by junkies is not acceptable or to be considered normal. I sure wouldn’t want to clean that up at my minimum wage job.
No hon, that’s just your perception.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:06 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No hon, that’s just your perception.
I guess it's mine too, since you seem so adamant about defending a policy that exposes customers and employees to dirty needles and dookey.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:30 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
However, it is working out as expected.

Starbucks’ new bathroom policy not working out as hoped

…A half-dozen toilets were locked or barricaded for no clear reason. Others were closed for prolonged “cleaning,” which an insider said was needed after extreme soiling caused by drug-using, incontinent vagrants.

“Letting everybody in has resulted in nobody getting in,” an employee at one branch fumed.

Several Starbucks workers in Seattle say that they’re encountering hypodermic needles on the job nearly every day and that they’ve had to take antiviral medications to protect themselves from HIV and hepatitis.

Three employees at the coffee giant in northern Seattle told the local news station KIRO 7 that visitors would dispose of the needles in store restrooms, often in tampon-disposal boxes, and that workers would then come in contact with them while cleaning and were sometimes accidentally poked.

Reference...

Starbucks bathrooms may be open to all, but good luck finding a free stall

Starbucks workers in Seattle claim that dangerous needle pokes and HIV-prevention drugs have become a routine part of working at the coffee giant

That needle situation... as anal as OSHA can be, I'm surprised this hasn't come up as an issue.
OSHA generally does not operate in Washington State--the function has been delegated to the state Dept of Labor and Industries. The workers should contact L&I to file a safety complaint.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:33 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Just remember..ex-Starbucks CEO Howard Shultz wants to be US President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies