Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 06:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

It's a war on Christmas -- someone is out to get all Christians -- oh wait --song isn't very Christian like is it....oh well....

Truth -- radio stations ban songs all day long.

When was the last time you heard Cold Play on a country music station.....

Old 12-25-2018, 09:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So you are saying the radio stations that have pulled the song are all conservatives and those posting here about how horrible the song is are conservatives? I don't think so!!!!It was the left that started this as well as started the crap bout Rudolf being bullied.
I'm saying the ONLY people I hear yammering about this song day in and day out are Conservatives.

Yes. I have never heard ONE self-described feminist mention this song - ever.

LOL.. Rudolph was bullied! It's the entire premise of the story. Good lands ~ who does not know the story of Rudolph?

Old 12-25-2018, 10:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm saying the ONLY people I hear yammering about this song day in and day out are Conservatives.

Yes. I have never heard ONE self-described feminist mention this song - ever.

LOL.. Rudolph was bullied! It's the entire premise of the story. Good lands ~ who does not know the story of Rudolph?
And I said in post #11 that's untrue! I have heard many self-described feminists "mention" this song, negatively, I might add. The only "feminists" who approve of it seem to be here on CD.

And why do people keep changing the topic to discuss other songs? A tad bit uncomfortable with this one maybe?

Old 12-25-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
And I said in post #11 that's untrue! I have heard many self-described feminists "mention" this song, negatively, I might add. The only "feminists" who approve of it seem to be here on CD.

And why do people keep changing the topic to discuss other songs? A tad bit uncomfortable with this one maybe?
Who are you talking to? I mentioned NO other songs but I did reply to a poster that wanted to discuss Rudolph.

As a self-described feminist myself who has like minded friends; I can only tell you my personal experience. No discussion of some old song. Zero .

Again, FAR more concerned with a rapist that gets off with 4 months and not an antiquated song that mainly old folks associate with Xmas

Old 12-25-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Who are you talking to? I mentioned NO other songs but I did reply to a poster that wanted to discuss Rudolph.

As a self-described feminist myself who has like minded friends; I can only tell you my personal experience. No discussion of some old song. Zero .

Again, FAR more concerned with a rapist that gets off with 4 months and not an antiquated song that mainly old folks associate with Xmas
I'm talking to you. And you know as well as I do that "Rudolf" is a song, in fact, it started out as a song.

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Gene Autry

You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen
Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen
But do you recall
The most famous reindeer of all?
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You would even say it glows
All of the other reindeer
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Rudolph
Join in any reindeer games
Then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa came to say
"Rudolph, with your nose so bright
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"
Then how the reindeer loved him
As they shouted out with glee
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
You'll go down in history"
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
Santa came to say

Songwriters: John D. Marks
Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer lyrics © ST. Nicholas Music Inc.

Here's the story. https://www.cbc.ca/documentarychanne...nosed-reindeer

Just because your experience is that no one is talking about "Baby I'ts Cold Outside", that doesn't mean no one is talking about "Baby I'ts Cold Outside". Nor is the rapist who got off with 4 months the topic of this thread. If that's what you want to talk about, find a thread or start your own.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I'm talking to you. And you know as well as I do that "Rudolf" is a song, in fact, it started out as a song.

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Gene Autry

You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen
Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen
But do you recall
The most famous reindeer of all?
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
Santa came to say
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
Santa came to say

Songwriters: John D. Marks
Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer lyrics © ST. Nicholas Music Inc.

Here's the story. https://www.cbc.ca/documentarychanne...nosed-reindeer

Just because your experience is that no one is talking about "Baby I'ts Cold Outside", that doesn't mean no one is talking about "Baby I'ts Cold Outside". Nor is the rapist who got off with 4 months the topic of this thread. If that's what you want to talk about, find a thread or start your own.
NO, I do not think of Rudolph as a 'song'. I think of Rudolph as a CHRISTMAS SHOW. So I was NOT referring to the 'song' Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Nor do I know the words by heart as apparently you do.

I am trying to tell YOU what real feminists are concerned with and it ain't some 1930's song that no one cares about except for conservatives.

You might want to see what post I was responding to in which the conservative poster was complaining about Rudolph and attack THAT poster instead.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:42 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
It is at the least a little bit date rapey especially the line "What's in this drink?" which yes, I have heard that it is a joke for being too weak but it is also used when a drink is too strong or unknowingly spiked. And mind you, I am a fan of Mötley Crüe who I have similar issues with with songs like "Saints of Los Angeles" which has a line "Girl passed out in the back lounge, everybody's gonna score". That is the biggest issue I have with a non Christmas song.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:54 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" last night. I saw George Bailey slap the black housekeeper on the as*. I had to turn it off, so racist and sexist.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
NO, I do not think of Rudolph as a 'song'. I think of Rudolph as a CHRISTMAS SHOW. So I was NOT referring to the 'song' Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Nor do I know the words by heart as apparently you do.

I am trying to tell YOU what real feminists are concerned with and it ain't some 1930's song that no one cares about except for conservatives.

You might want to see what post I was responding to in which the conservative poster was complaining about Rudolph and attack THAT poster instead.
Rudolf started out as a song, not a show. And, your snideness, I copied the words which should be obvious.

So my friends, daughters (and their significants), pastor and I are not real feminists because we find that song repulsive. OK, I get it. We have to think just like you or we're not "real" feminists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is at the least a little bit date rapey especially the line "What's in this drink?" which yes, I have heard that it is a joke for being too weak but it is also used when a drink is too strong or unknowingly spiked. And mind you, I am a fan of Mötley Crüe who I have similar issues with with songs like "Saints of Los Angeles" which has a line "Girl passed out in the back lounge, everybody's gonna score". That is the biggest issue I have with a non Christmas song.
Believe me, talk of spiked drinks way predates Bill Cosby and yes, I know you didn't bring him up. Susan Loesser, the composer's daughter blames Cosby for this "date rape" accusation. When I was in college back in the 60s there was always much talk of spiking drinks. Seems like it's still happening. https://www.kstatecollegian.com/2016...spiked-drinks/

Old 12-25-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So you are saying the radio stations that have pulled the song are all conservatives and those posting here about how horrible the song is are conservatives? I don't think so!!!!It was the left that started this as well as started the crap bout Rudolf being bullied.
This is the post to which I responded for which you have attacked me over and over again.

Apology accepted.

Quote:
Rudolf started out as a song, not a show. And, your snideness, I copied the words which should be obvious.

So my friends, daughters (and their significants), pastor and I are not real feminists because we find that song repulsive. OK, I get it. We have to think just like you or we're not "real" feminists.

Believe me, talk of spiked drinks way predates Bill Cosby and yes, I know you didn't bring him up. Susan Loesser, the composer's daughter blames Cosby for this "date rape" accusation. When I was in college back in the 60s there was always much talk of spiking drinks. Seems like it's still happening. https://www.kstatecollegian.com/2016...spiked-drinks/
I'm sure you are very fine feminists. MY group feels that there are bigger fish to fry than an antiquated song that few listen to anymore.

That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies