Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 06:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This is the post to which I responded for which you have attacked me over and over again.

Apology accepted.

I'm sure you are very fine feminists. MY group feels that there are bigger fish to fry than an antiquated song that few listen to anymore.

That's all.
I hope you and YOUR feminist friends, who are so much more "woke" than mine up there on your high horses, don't break your necks falling off. What do you mean few listen to the song? Enough people heard it to complain about it.

Old 12-25-2018, 06:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Rudolf started out as a song, not a show. And, your snideness, I copied the words which should be obvious.

So my friends, daughters (and their significants), pastor and I are not real feminists because we find that song repulsive. OK, I get it. We have to think just like you or we're not "real" feminists.

Believe me, talk of spiked drinks way predates Bill Cosby and yes, I know you didn't bring him up. Susan Loesser, the composer's daughter blames Cosby for this "date rape" accusation. When I was in college back in the 60s there was always much talk of spiking drinks. Seems like it's still happening. https://www.kstatecollegian.com/2016...spiked-drinks/
Exactly, date rape is nothing new but until about the 1990's it wasn't really talked about for whatever reason. Maybe it was the types of parties since races were common back then or what, I'm not sure. I do think that the Cosby situation did bring a new light to complaints about "Baby It's Cold Outside" but that don't mean it isn't a justified reason to defend the song. As songs get older people either lose meaning or a new meaning is found.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
I hope you and YOUR feminist friends, who are so much more "woke" than mine up there on your high horses, don't break your necks falling off. What do you mean few listen to the song? Enough people heard it to complain about it.
And apparently you have.

Again, bigger fish to fry.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
And apparently you have.

Again, bigger fish to fry.
Well, yes, I've listened to it. I listen to a Denver radio station that plays all Christmas carols from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Day. Listened to it today as we drove to/from our daughter's home 40 miles away, and I've listened to it for several years at Christmas. (KOSI 101.1) They were going to ban it this year, which raised a big ruckus from "woke" people like you, male chauvinists, etc, so they put it back on the playlist. I think I heard it once after they resumed playing it. It was my daughter, obviously not a "woke" feminist, who put me on to it being about date rape a few years ago.

You go fry those fish, in the company of all the rapists.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm sure some women had their drinks spiked over the years, but I'd bet big money that the majority of those cases of drinks being spiked were actually cover stories for voluntary sex, including sex the female participant may have pursued and initiated, that became a problem after people (a parent, husband, boyfriend, etc.) learned of it or an unintended pregnancy resulted from it.

A lot of women don't like to own up to their horn-dog propensities.
Wow, just wow. That sounds just plain wrong and I'm male mind you. I do know women aren't prudes, but that don't mean MOST claiming "Rape" are doing it out of shame of voluntary sex. It sounds like someone you knew had been falsely accused or at least you believed they were. I get that some women used that as an out, but that is also due to the culture of times. I know that some cultures still like that don't get me wrong, but it is less and less than it was a half of a century ago in this country even for the bible belt. I'm not condoning children out of wedlock or whatever, but it isn't as much of a social outcast as it once was.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Well, yes, I've listened to it. I listen to a Denver radio station that plays all Christmas carols from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Day. Listened to it today as we drove to/from our daughter's home 40 miles away, and I've listened to it for several years at Christmas. (KOSI 101.1) They were going to ban it this year, which raised a big ruckus from "woke" people like you, male chauvinists, etc, so they put it back on the playlist. I think I heard it once after they resumed playing it. It was my daughter, obviously not a "woke" feminist, who put me on to it being about date rape a few years ago.

I have raised zero ruckus about the song one way or another. I have discussed it on this forum.

Conservatives have raised a GREAT ruckus about those 'libruls' wanting the song banned. It has given them plenty of ammunition to jeer at feminists.

YOU are the one going on and on about 'woke'.

Calm down.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I have raised zero ruckus about the song one way or another. I have discussed it on this forum.

Conservatives have raised a GREAT ruckus about those 'libruls' wanting the song banned. It has given them plenty of ammunition to jeer at feminists.

YOU are the one going on and on about 'woke'.

Calm down.
Contradictory statements. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here posting. YOU are the one who talked about YOUR group of "real" feminists and informed us real feminists don't care about that song. YOU refuse to believe me when I tell you from personal experience that's not true. And you sure as H*ll have made plenty of snide comments about me and mine.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:04 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:

Yes, my good friend listens to an oldies channel and now this song is all over it, thanks to conservatives making it a cause celebre. So now I have heard the song and it is indeed an 'ode to date rape' as has been described. It definitely should be taken off the public airwaves. If people want to hear it on podcasts or CDs, that is their prerogative, but not on OUR public airwaves. I have already contacted the FCC about this.

Great going, conservatives! Once again your phony outrage is causing big problems for the rest of us.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Contradictory statements. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here posting. YOU are the one who talked about YOUR group of "real" feminists and informed us real feminists don't care about that song. YOU refuse to believe me when I tell you from personal experience that's not true. And you sure as H*ll have made plenty of snide comments about me and mine.
No I haven't. You have made this personal from my first post; I have no idea what your ideology is and I do not care. Apparently I touched a nerve.

Not everything is about you personally; stop being so self-absorbed.

I'm done responding to your nonsense and hurt feelings.

Old 12-26-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Yes, my good friend listens to an oldies channel and now this song is all over it, thanks to conservatives making it a cause celebre. So now I have heard the song and it is indeed an 'ode to date rape' as has been described. It definitely should be taken off the public airwaves. If people want to hear it on podcasts or CDs, that is their prerogative, but not on OUR public airwaves. I have already contacted the FCC about this.

Great going, conservatives! Once again your phony outrage is causing big problems for the rest of us.
I find it very amusing that you think this is a "liberal vs conservative" issue. There has been at least one other thread here on CD about this song:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...date-rape.html
and I think more but I can't find them d/t CD's sucky search engine. Plus, there have been threads on other forums where I post. It seems that both liberals and conservatives approve of this song from what I can tell of the people posting, and mostly liberals disapprove. Again, this is based on what I know about the political leanings of some of the posters.

I don't listen to oldies stations, but one of them in Denver plays all Christmas music from Thanksgiving through Christmas and that's where I've heard the song the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies