Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 01:50 PM

37,165 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
the purpose of the special prosecutor was to search for collateral 'crimes' which would have been unavailable to uncover without a prosecutor with no limitations.

to focus on Russia is to ignore the efforts of china, NK, iran etc. that makes the Russian collusion to appear as a pure political errand.

Meanwhile Hillary and Obama have demonstrated an alliance with putin that is clear to everyone and is being protected by the legacy Obama doj complex. That inconsistency can never be justified and is not miised by the American people, trump haters and media excepted.
Great point!

You ought to start a thread about that. While we're here - Did you care to comment on the article...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Mueller was unleashed on Trump and associates to find whatever dirt was around since infancy. With unlimited funds and NO restrictions Mueller could convict the Pope..........the fabulous perjury trap got Flynn, a rookie mistake if there ever was one......
Flynn was on the street as soon as he was fired begging anyone he could find for a plea deal in exchange for his testimony. He was peddling the story two months before Mueller came on the scene. Mueller gave him the soapbox he wanted. Flynn will be thankful for Mueller for the rest of his life.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:56 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If this article is on target, all of the information gathered by Mueller in the last 18 months is beginning to form itself into a coherent, interconnected shape. Fascinating read. It willbe interesting to see how much of this actually holds water when the investigation begins to draw to a close over the next couple of months.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevede...w#3066e7f048f6

As Deep Throat said re: Nixon: Follow the money.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:02 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Trump also had a 2-hour conversation with Putin, in which nobody else was allowed in the room, except interpreters.
This really is interesting and something few have spoken about.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:05 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
How can you even make that determination without actually seeing the end result ? If you form an opinion before the facts are out, that says you just WISH there is nothing. Intelligent, informed people make decisions based on facts.

It is what it is but I know some die hard Dems that are praying for the hail Mary pass that the Mueller probe/investigation/matter will destroy Trump.

In my opinion I think it is a witch hunt that was started by Hillary and the Dems to make an excuse why they lost and it has all been sold to the public as an honest above board investigation when it is actually a panel of "experts" looking for a crime and evidence to support it.

I just think it is wrong for the Dems to put this much doubt into the minds of their fan base about a duly elected President. They told us how important it is for our democracy to have a peaceful transition of power and it has been anything but.

If Trump actually colluded with Russia that is one thing but if all he did was to have a dollop of Russian Dressing on his salad then this has been a huge waste of time.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is what it is but I know some die hard Dems that are praying for the hail Mary pass that the Mueller probe/investigation/matter will destroy Trump.

In my opinion I think it is a witch hunt that was started by Hillary and the Dems to make an excuse why they lost and it has all been sold to the public as an honest above board investigation when it is actually a panel of "experts" looking for a crime and evidence to support it.

I just think it is wrong for the Dems to put this much doubt into the minds of their fan base about a duly elected President. They told us how important it is for our democracy to have a peaceful transition of power and it has been anything but.

If Trump actually colluded with Russia that is one thing but if all he did was to have a dollop of Russian Dressing on his salad then this has been a huge waste of time.
That was the crux of the article. Trump may not have been "duly elected". You really should read it before you comment.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:14 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Mueller was unleashed on Trump and associates to find whatever dirt was around since infancy. With unlimited funds and NO restrictions Mueller could convict the Pope..........the fabulous perjury trap got Flynn, a rookie mistake if there ever was one......
I'm sorry, both you and Flynn must be new to America.

In prosecuting white collar crime, "perjury trap" is exactly how cases are made. After all, there is no crime scene with DNA, footprints, or spent shells for evidence. There's only paper trails and lies.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:21 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

That's risible. Have you forgotten how hard Trump tried to cast "...doubt into the minds of their fan base about a duly elected President" by challenging Obama's birth certificate????? If that isn't "casting doubt", then what the hell DO you call it?

There's nothing special about Trump in this regard, in spite of how special he claims he is. Why do you buy into his self-aggrandizement?

Old 12-17-2018, 03:59 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Random thought about Trump and his base:

Donald Trump and City-Data Trump supporters attack Bob Mueller constantly. They loathe him. Trump insults Mueller and calls him names on nearly a daily basis. City-Data Trump supporters insist that Mueller is an "angry democrat" and part of the "Deep State" out to get Trump.

But has anybody ever thought about, what if Mueller's report were to completely exonerate Donald Trump of any wrong doing? What if Mueller's report proves that, beyond a reasonable doubt, there really was no collusion? Would POTUS 45 and all the Trump supporters here on City-Data suddenly do a complete 180 and give Mueller credit for being honest and fair? Would they praise Mueller for being objective and not letting his alleged bias get in the way?
Trumplings will uncritically swallow whatever BS tRump feeds them and then come here to repeat it.

If tRump does a 180 and praises Mueller, so will they.

There's no mystery involved.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies