Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 08:50 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,499,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Why are you even surprised? This is perfectly mainstream leftist postmodernist position. Remember, postmodernists interpret history as a power struggle and any groups who are in power or perceived to be in power are the enemy. They equate antisemitism as a hatred of capitalism [a noble cause in their view]. The Jews are at the top of the power pyramid and are the "capitalist oppressors". This is all pretty standard far-leftist Women's Studies Marxist spin.

- Karl Marx
I'm surprised that it's so blatant. Gives the lie to their claim that the antisemites are all in the right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 09:38 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You keep deflecting. This thread isn't about the Women's March group wanting women's rights. It's about the leaders' prejudice against Jews. The fact that you keep skirting this makes me wonder if you think the antisemitism is worth tolerating because the greater good - abortion rights - supersedes it. I say it doesn't. Are these women elected representatives? Who appointed them?
Lol Reading not your strong suit is it? All I have posted about is the inaccuracy of conflating not allowing proferus groups to be sponsors for the march and antisemitism. That isn’t deflection it’s pointing out the reality of the situation.

Second, you think they are elected officials? They just got thr ball rolling. Like any meaningful movement it becomes larger than its initial organizable. These people will leave the movement, as they should.

Third, I am Jewish, I do not support antisemites, and I will still be marching again this year. Because again, the movement is bigger than who started it.

Finally, you don’t define where a thread can or cannot go.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm trying to understand the basis for the antisemitism from the leadership. I'm guessing that Jews are not pro abortion enough for these pond scum at the top.

Jews are good people and I'm sure encourage adoption over abortion. Just can't have radical thinking like that when it comes to far left women and this issue.
Lololololol

Jewish people are not a monolithic group, it is bigoted to suggest otherwise. They are liberal Jews, conservative Jews, prolife jewish people and pro choice Jewish people. There are even Jewish people who are bad people. ::gasp:: How can I say such a thing because Jewish people are people. When you treat us like a monolithic group, you are no longer treating us as people, even if you pretend it is in a positive way.

As for the women’s march organizers their antisemitism has nothing to do with prolife or not. Antisemitism is societal and no group is immune.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Well that’s just silly. “Pro-life” is a term used to refer to one’s stance on abortion, it’s never been used as a statement to describe one’s feelings toward adults.

Additionally, there are plenty of pro-life women who choose life for themselves, but do not condemn other women for their choices. Not every pro-life woman is an activist looking to rob others of their rights. The same can be said of many pro-choice women: we don’t all feel compelled to march on behalf of others. We just live our lives. The saddest thing of all is seeing women insistently label all other women in such a way.

I don’t take issue at all with the group not offering sponsorship to a pro-life group based solely on my opinion that a private group has the right to determine who will sponsor events on their behalf. It makes perfect sense that they would not be comfortable with that. That in my opinion is the LEAST of this nasty group's offenses. Their selection of leadership and their anti-semitism are reason enough to dismiss them as a non-legitimate group.
The group whining about being denied sponsorship to the women’s march is absolutely against women’s right to body autonomy and was what we were speaking of, moving the goal posts changes none of that.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:51 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,275,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So they are OK with hating women who are pro-life, but draw the line at hating Jews.

Interesting. I wonder what other groups they hate. And which groups it is OK to hate, which groups it is not OK to hate.
Maybe they’re given a cheat sheet in their welcome membership packet.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:10 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
The group whining about being denied sponsorship to the women’s march is absolutely against women’s right to body autonomy and was what we were speaking of, moving the goal posts changes none of that.
And again, you are OK with a Women's March that is prejudiced against women who do not agree with you. Got it, loud and clear. You are OK with being prejudiced. No other opinion allowed. Got it.

And apparently have no problem supporting antisemitism, either, as you are continuing your support of the Women's March. Just wow, but whatever floats your prejudiced boat ...

Old 12-28-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
And again, you are OK with a Women's March that is prejudiced against women who do not agree with you. Got it, loud and clear. You are OK with being prejudiced. No other opinion allowed. Got it.
Yes I am perfectly ok with not allowing those who are against women’s right sponsoring a women’s rights march. I get you think you’re like super clever with cutting off he key points but it’s super simple. People who don’t support women’s rights shouldn’t sponsor a march for women’s rights.

Quote:
And apparently have no problem supporting antisemitism, either, as you are continuing your support of the Women's March. Just wow, but whatever floats your prejudiced boat ...
Well now you’re just outright lying, but what ever floats your lying boat.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:17 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Yes I am perfectly ok with not allowing those who are against women’s right sponsoring a women’s rights march. I get you think you’re like super clever with cutting off he key points but it’s super simple. People who don’t support women’s rights shouldn’t sponsor a march for women’s rights.

Well now you’re just outright lying, but what ever floats your lying boat.
As YOU define it. Which means no other opinion except yours allowed. Got it. Not being clever, just clarifying your position as you've stated it.

No other opinion but yours matters. Which is prejudice. At least own it.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:24 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,499,560 times
Quote:
Lol Reading not your strong suit is it? All I have posted about is the inaccuracy of conflating not allowing proferus groups to be sponsors for the march and antisemitism. That isn’t deflection it’s pointing out the reality of the situation.

Second, you think they are elected officials? They just got thr ball rolling. Like any meaningful movement it becomes larger than its initial organizable. These people will leave the movement, as they should.

Third, I am Jewish, I do not support antisemites, and I will still be marching again this year. Because again, the movement is bigger than who started it.

Finally, you don’t define where a thread can or cannot go.
So you are willing to look aside at the antisemitism condoned - and even supported - at the leadership level, and march with them? Sometimes Jews are their own worst enemies. Just look at the snark which with you addressed me.

And I am perfectly within my rights to point out the topic of the thread. I thought you were for women's rights?

Old 12-28-2018, 10:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
As YOU define it. Which means no other opinion except yours allowed. Got it. Not being clever, just clarifying your position as you've stated it.

No other opinion but yours matters. Which is prejudice. At least own it.
Untrue. The pro-birth women are perfectly fine to march. BUT - they won't have a platform within the march (Unless they form their own) because it does not line up with the ideals of the women's movement in general.

It would be like Republicans inviting Bernie to speak at the Republican convention. Let me know when that happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies