Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 08:17 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,265,203 times

Advertisements

I wish groups like this wouldn't call themselves "feminist", it gives all women who fought for and support equal rights a bad name. I do NOT think you have to support X Y and Z in order to be a feminist but this is where they drove that train and it needed to be derailed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 12:38 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,067,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Apparently if they support abortion it doesn't matter how racist they are. It's all perfectly acceptable to some posters./shrug/
On the flip side, it works for Donald Trump.

Pot meet Kettle.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:45 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,067,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
“You’re only worthy as a woman if you follow *our* approved orthodoxy. Any deviation in thought renders you an enemy”.

That’s about the gist of it. I’m a staunch pro-choice woman myself yet I see how hateful this group is toward women who don’t follow lock-step. No women’s group that is so hateful toward independent women who make up their own mind on matters is worth being a part of.
How can you be an independent woman who makes up her own mind on matters and support the government making up a woman's mind FOR HER when it comes to abortion?

Old 12-29-2018, 02:13 AM

37,152 posts, read 42,265,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I'll still be marching in January. You guys really think this is the end of women wanting to be heard? The March is not about the organizers- it's about the women.
What about women? What benefit to them from you walking around with your gal pals screaming about stuff? Do you even know what you're mad about or what you want to satisfy you and how this processing of walking and yelling will get make that happen? Will you do this for the rest of your life, like a fun spa vaca you look forward to annually that makes you feel good, or is there something that you can point to and say "we did it!" and can stop marching now?

Inquiring minds want to know. Inquiring minds also suspect you'll be done with it when Trump is out of office.

Last edited by Ceece; 12-29-2018 at 03:37 AM..

Old 12-29-2018, 06:43 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,518,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
How can you be an independent woman who makes up her own mind on matters and support the government making up a woman's mind FOR HER when it comes to abortion?
Eh? Where did you get the idea that I support the gov’t “making up a woman's mind for her?”

Old 12-29-2018, 08:11 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,259,986 times
I wish all these "marches" would stop. All of them.

No more hats, signs...Pro life, pro choice, pro AbCDEFG...blah blah blah

Signed, a woman.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:25 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,066,593 times
The three women who are leaders of the women's march are intersectional feminists. They see certain power structures differently from their own. Since the three women are not white, and not Jewish, on the totem pole of oppression, they are inferior to whites and Jewish when it comes to the means of production and wealth. Thus which explains the backlash against the Jews. One woman is a Palestinian American a Muslim and a Islamic feminist, the other a black American and a black feminist, and the Latina is a radical feminist. In their eyes, they see the Jews as a problem due to Marxist theory of economics. Jews make up a huge bulk of earning potential in this country, and this is where the anti-Semitism from the left stem from. All I have to say is that Anti-Semtisim is coming a bit too far in this country, and it should stop, sadly both folks on the right and on the left are becoming more and more anti-Semitic.

As for the feminist? I wish feminism can just be about equality between men and women. I'm no feminist expert, but feminism was supposed to be about equality championing equality for women. But now we have Christian feminism, Islamic feminism, black feminism, non-transgendered feminism, intersectional feminism, white feminism, radical feminism and radical intersectional feminism. These groups can not agree on anything. Most of the time end up consuming themselves which we just recently saw with the three radical intersectional feminists Carmen Perez, Tamika Mallory, and Linda Sarsor.

I'm going to say this once and only once. IF the Feminists were to rule America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to me being a straight male. If the SJW's ruled America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology, being a straight male, even though I'm a person of color, I'm a direct descendent of white males and a mulatto. I would have to disavow my whiteness to live. Thus still part of the oppressor class. If conscious woke pro blacks ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology, due to my hue of skin color, and I would have to disavow my whiteness. If the Alt-Right ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology. If the white nationalist ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to me being a person of color, disavow my blackness and being descended from immigrants. If the Black conservatives ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology, and being a descended from immigrants. These echo chambers I have mentioned feed off of racism, xenophobia, identity politics and sexism. These ideologies causes more harm than good, sadly those in the middle are afraid to confront such groups.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,966,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
On the flip side, it works for Donald Trump.

Pot meet Kettle.
And another person unable to express an idea without invoking some politician's name. Because ideas don't matter, politicians do. Critical thinking just left the building, maybe you should run after it?

Old 12-29-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The three women who are leaders of the women's march are intersectional feminists. They see certain power structures differently from their own. Since the three women are not white, and not Jewish, on the totem pole of oppression, they are inferior to whites and Jewish when it comes to the means of production and wealth. Thus which explains the backlash against the Jews. One woman is a Palestinian American a Muslim and a Islamic feminist, the other a black American and a black feminist, and the Latina is a radical feminist. In their eyes, they see the Jews as a problem due to Marxist theory of economics. Jews make up a huge bulk of earning potential in this country, and this is where the anti-Semitism from the left stem from. All I have to say is that Anti-Semtisim is coming a bit too far in this country, and it should stop, sadly both folks on the right and on the left are becoming more and more anti-Semitic.

As for the feminist? I wish feminism can just be about equality between men and women. I'm no feminist expert, but feminism was supposed to be about equality championing equality for women. But now we have Christian feminism, Islamic feminism, black feminism, non-transgendered feminism, intersectional feminism, white feminism, radical feminism and radical intersectional feminism. These groups can not agree on anything. Most of the time end up consuming themselves which we just recently saw with the three radical intersectional feminists Carmen Perez, Tamika Mallory, and Linda Sarsor.

I'm going to say this once and only once. IF the Feminists were to rule America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to me being a straight male. If the SJW's ruled America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology, being a straight male, even though I'm a person of color, I'm a direct descendent of white males and a mulatto. I would have to disavow my whiteness to live. Thus still part of the oppressor class. If conscious woke pro blacks ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology, due to my hue of skin color, and I would have to disavow my whiteness. If the Alt-Right ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology. If the white nationalist ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to me being a person of color, disavow my blackness and being descended from immigrants. If the Black conservatives ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology, and being a descended from immigrants. These echo chambers I have mentioned feed off of racism, xenophobia, identity politics and sexism. These ideologies causes more harm than good, sadly those in the middle are afraid to confront such groups.
Well said. Feminism isn't about being equal. It's about who can be the most/least oppressed as determined by graph of socio-ethnic-economic-sexual status.

True feminism is pretty much dead.

Individuality no longer exists. And the biggest "victim" is the winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7VUoytoU4

Old 12-29-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What about women? What benefit to them from you walking around with your gal pals screaming about stuff? Do you even know what you're mad about or what you want to satisfy you and how this processing of walking and yelling will get make that happen? Will you do this for the rest of your life, like a fun spa vaca you look forward to annually that makes you feel good, or is there something that you can point to and say "we did it!" and can stop marching now?
Wouldn't it be great if all the women who went to march instead spent the time and money to get there on volunteering in their own neighborhood ... just think of all good that could be done.

And I'm not talking about donating to Good Will. I mean REALLY volunteering. Mowing an elderly neighbor's lawn, helping put shingles on a roof, taking someone to the doctor. Fix up the community park. Clean up that one spot on the main road that has all that trash. Real people, real interaction, make a real difference in the community for your community.

It wold be an absolutely amazing day. Just stunning with what could be accomplished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies