Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 12:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times

Advertisements

I find the third link title a little disingenuous.

He didn't agree to anything. He was forced to shut it down by the state of New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 12:22 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Hahaha, what a freakin toxic loser trump is. trump, his family, his coworkers, every single person that deals with that thing & it’s family is also a toxic loser.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:26 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
I can’t believe people on this site are still defending this guy; Donald Trump is a criminal and a con man.

Now let’s see what slithery retort Sarah Schmuckabee has prepared, should be entertaining as usual.
They’re trolls, that’s it.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:33 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I would put the Trump Foundation and the Clinton Foundation under the microscope NOW !

I'd look at every freaking transaction done, every dollar that came in, every dollar that went out. I'd also look to see if political favors were traded in exchange for donations. If there is major wrongdoing --- throw the book at both of them.
The CF has been extensively investigated, there wasn’t anything now the Trump Foundation has been exposed as an arm of the Teump empire.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:41 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sounds like Projecting what they have been caught doing. Trump has to be doing it too.

Good, don't need any problems as the Clinton and Obama Foundations are in.

The comparison is, Trump distributes 90% of intake, 10% for administration
Clintons, distribute 10% and keep 90

https://www.c-span.org/video/?455872...ton-foundation
I don't think you grasp the diff between types of charitable foundations.

The Non- Operating Foundation model is one established for the sole purposes of one individual or family or corporation giving to charities, usually in the form of grants in exchange for tax deductions. The Clinton Family Foundation and the Trump Foundation are examples. Such foundations typically don't have offices or employees. Administrative costs are typically limited to a CPA to complete tax returns and make the required Form 990 Disclosures.

The Operating Foundation is a very different animal. It is commonly a public foundation meaning donations are solicited from the public which are tax deductible. The Clinton Foundation is an example of a public Operating Foundation. Instead of granting funds to other charities, they use funds and pledges of goods and services to directly impact targeted needs. Such foundations typically have operating expenses associated with office space, employees, fundraising initiatives and especially executing Direct Impact Giving.

You can not compare a Non- Operating Foundation giving with that of an Operating Foundation, because while the former typically grants, the latter executes.

The Charity Navigator rates public foundations and charities and has assigned the Clinton Foundation 4/4 stars. All tax returns and Form 990s are audited and are public information.

In my opinion, the Clintons should have shuttered the Clinton Foundation upon Hillary being appointed SoS to avoid any perception of Pay to Play. In absence of this, her nomination could have been withdrawn by Obama. The Senate could have made the confirmation contingent upon doing so. That did not happen. She was confirmed 94 ( including 39 Republicans) -2. It is unknown why the 2 Republican votes opposed her.

It is beyond curious that the Clinton Foundation was not an issue until it became obvious to the most casual observer, she intended to run for President.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:43 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Of course we all know no one will answer me "are the Clinton's clean" they would n't want to look like a fool.
I think we are more wondering why you are asking since HRC isn't President. Trump is.

Old 12-18-2018, 01:51 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...81917215977473

Old 12-18-2018, 01:52 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,748,538 times
Good!

Old 12-18-2018, 01:57 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I find the third link title a little disingenuous.

He didn't agree to anything. He was forced to shut it down by the state of New York.
More like shutter the windows and doors and start burning the evidence....the investigation started before they had a chance so now whatevers left the State takes control of and distributes as they see fit. Ha! Got ta pay to play Benedict Donald.

Old 12-18-2018, 02:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, that's been said how many times now?

Circling the toilet bowl for over 2 years now, and him and his family are still there....
Actually, Donald Jr. has been hiding out in Canada to avoid an indictment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies