Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter: What would you think if there is no border wall in 2020?
I would not care as long as President Trump told me it is no longer an issue 1 14.29%
I never supported the wall anyway- don't care 3 42.86%
I would be very angry that he was not able to build the wall 3 42.86%
I know nothing about a border wall 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 10:27 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times

Advertisements

Trump ran another con on his supporters. First, he said Mexico would pay. Now, he is saying financing by NAFTA deal he negotiated will pay for it. Guess what? Congress has to approve funds for the wall. That's not happening.

Spending $5 billion dollars on a border wall is a waste. Our national deficit is rising at a fast rate. The border wall is not going to stop immigrants from coming. Why? Most immigrants turn themselves in to seek asylum. There needs to be immigration reform along with the Mexican government so asylum seekers can be accepted or weeded out.

Old 12-18-2018, 10:58 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Mexico has finally cut the check!

Old 12-19-2018, 04:10 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Did Trump happen to mention the other ways he plans to come up with the $5+ billion?

Old 12-19-2018, 06:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Did Trump happen to mention the other ways he plans to come up with the $5+ billion?
They have asked government agencies to find 'extra funds' in their budges. They want to pool that money and use it for the wall.

But there seems to be some question as to whether or not Trump can re-direct funds for his little pet project.

What a mess.

Republicans can't agree but folks will blame the Democrats -- LOL.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh I see, since we have had some domestic terrorists we shouldn't secure our border against foreign ones? Who said a wall would stop the former but it sure would help stop the latter, duh. What a ridiculous statement to make! Caucasian terrorists? Pulling the race card now, are you? Why didn't you just say American terrorists? Hmm.

We can't fund infrastructure and the wall? Who says? Why don't you wait and see what the alternate plans are to fund the wall? It was only announced just today by Sarah Sanders. Why do you and yours care anyway since you don't want the wall no matter who pays for it based on your personal agendas.
They have two days to come up with something. You would have thought they would have been looking at alternatives 21 months ago -- lol.

This is such a mess.

Sanders claims tax money won't be used but then says they are looking to government agencies for money.....LOL. How does this administration think the government agencies fund their budgets????? It's crazy.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:36 AM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,128 times
Default Can't build a wall for half the price, but $10 billion more in aid to Mexico

While Democrats won't agree to give Trump $5 billion for his border wall, the United States on Tuesday pledged over $10 billion more in aid to Central America and Mexico.

https://apnews.com/0fcda32812024680ad98676379c47233

Old 12-19-2018, 06:44 AM

62,948 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Trump ran another con on his supporters. First, he said Mexico would pay. Now, he is saying financing by NAFTA deal he negotiated will pay for it. Guess what? Congress has to approve funds for the wall. That's not happening.

Spending $5 billion dollars on a border wall is a waste. Our national deficit is rising at a fast rate. The border wall is not going to stop immigrants from coming. Why? Most immigrants turn themselves in to seek asylum. There needs to be immigration reform along with the Mexican government so asylum seekers can be accepted or weeded out.

Still repeating your nonsense? None of what you have said is true in your second paragraph. Something wrong with someone who has been provided the facts with links and yet they still remain in denial. Seems to be an epidemic in here by the lefty liberals.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:54 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
The wall should be called "the Peoples wall" not the Trump wall because Trump is rich enough to live behind walls with armed security if need be while the rest of us run the risk of a run in with an illegal alien.

The idea of sending $10 Billion to Central and South America is to improve conditions there so people will not feel the need to storm our border but what a backward Democrat idea. We all know what happens to piles of money that is sent to Governments to help their people, it is squandered and add in a sprinkle of corruption and the people end up with peanuts.

A better idea would be to build "the Peoples wall" in Mexico. What would cost the US $5 Billion the Mexicans could do for half of that.

I'm sure if we went to Mexico to conduct an honest poll we would find that the majority of townsfolk did not approve of 7000+ caravan people marching through their town. Mexico needs a wall as much as we do.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHappy View Post
White House says it wants to avoid government shutdown, will find other ways to fund border wall

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...nl_most&wpmm=1.
READ MY LIPS: No New Taxes!

Old 12-19-2018, 07:19 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,244,032 times
Might be money to get Mexico to NOT carry thru its recent comment I read from Mexico-- that the US should not be surprised to see a Chinese Naval ship in a Mexican port ..... as a response for Trump to ponder over. Notice he is saying nothing against this aid......

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/17/w...nts-trump.html

Either way .... I'd rather see aid monies in this hemisphere. A more successful Mexico, is better at stemming some desire to leave Mexico for the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies