Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter: What would you think if there is no border wall in 2020?
I would not care as long as President Trump told me it is no longer an issue 1 14.29%
I never supported the wall anyway- don't care 3 42.86%
I would be very angry that he was not able to build the wall 3 42.86%
I know nothing about a border wall 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 01:13 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
What we really need to fund is investigations into welfare, etc. fraud perpetuated by people in the county illegally. People using fake documents, etc. Also, gang/cartel activity which is a huge threat but which this wall will not stop. Because the fact is, they will find a way to get into the country.
That should be done with everyone who uses the system not just illegals.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:18 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Spot on. Private citizens can't build a federal project.

Somebody is going to pocket a whole lot of sucker money. More power to them. These particular suckers deserve to be swindled.
I share your opinion: I think some opportunists are going to swindle those folks.

You can point this out and they’ll just have a conniption.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:20 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Spend your money however you want. I dont care.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:49 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I have a idea for you patriotic Trump supporters since Mexico or his GOP Congress won't fund his Wall.......go fund it yourself!
After you are done building that Wall I hope you also realize that the US/Mexico border also share two oceans and migrants can swim !

That's where the border patrol comes in. When they have less to patrol it will help. Of course the wall includes drones and watch towers.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:30 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works.

It's a federal project.

How are they going to build on land they don't own?

Who will handle issues like eminent domain?

I thought taking private money out of government and making the government do what you want them to do was supposed to be part of draining the swamp?

If you're OK with outside donors trying to circumvent the legislative proces, how about some Soros bucks?
This. It's so stupid, people giving their hard earned money to a project that is so complicated. Much of the border in Texas, and I have been trying to explain this for YEARS to middle America, is privately owned. Much of the area is desolate and many of the landowners are very wealthy and they don't want walls built on their land. And in many cases their "land" equals the size of Rhode Island.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:38 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
Trumpists are such idiots, and I love how they just can’t stop proving it to the entire world.

Here’s the thing: They could raise all $50 billion for the entire thing, and it still wouldn’t be legal to build the wall until Congress said so.

Anyone can donate money to the federal government, but such funds are treated as an unconditional gift and are available for general budget use. The president can’t spend any of that money on a wall until Congress passes an appropriation directing the government to build one. And it can’t be built privately because it would cross both federal land and private property that won’t be available absent eminent domain.

That donation to repair the Washington Monument happened because the money actually went to the nonprofit Trust for the National Mall, which is an official partner of the National Park Service in maintaining all the monuments on the Mall. Congress expressly funded the repairs on the condition that federal funds be matched by private donations.

There’s no such equivalent for Trump’s wall and won’t be unless Congress creates one.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:16 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That's where the border patrol comes in. When they have less to patrol it will help. Of course the wall includes drones and watch towers.
1. Tunnels

2. Visas

You have to remember that not all illegals get here by walking across the boarder.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:33 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How about the liberal left start a fund for illegal aliens and leave those who want a wall instead of supporting them out of it? Let's see how many liberal lefties donate to that one.
How bout all the ultra conservatives starting a fund to pay for the schooling of their children so the liberals that decided not to have children don't have to pay taxes for other peoples kids to go to school.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:39 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
The democrats are clearly showing that they want, and love the open borders policy that has been practiced for decades.

I won't be contributing to this fund because it's not a money issue. We have the money given that the government borrows 2 billion dollars every day just to exist. Let me repeat that: we borrow 2 billion dollars every day. So the 5 billion is available. It's not a money issue, it's a political issue and the democrats just don't want border security. They will do everything in their power to prevent tightening up the border.

Old 12-20-2018, 04:18 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
1962: We’re going to the moon.

2018: We’re building a wall.

Sad!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigr...ol_Act_of_1986

1986: Ronald Reagan gives roughly 2 million illegal immigrants amnesty as part of a deal to tighten up security. As part of the legislation, measures were supposed to be put in place to criminalize the hiring of illegals, and businesses were supposed to be held responsible for checking legal status when hiring.

2018: Here we are -- nothing has been done and the problem is worse than ever.

Who is responsible? BOTH MAJOR POLITICAL PARTIES
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies