Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter: What would you think if there is no border wall in 2020?
I would not care as long as President Trump told me it is no longer an issue 1 14.29%
I never supported the wall anyway- don't care 3 42.86%
I would be very angry that he was not able to build the wall 3 42.86%
I know nothing about a border wall 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 07:10 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
What we really need to fund is investigations into welfare, etc. fraud perpetuated by people in the county illegally. People using fake documents, etc. Also, gang/cartel activity which is a huge threat but which this wall will not stop. Because the fact is, they will find a way to get into the country.

No, the fact is that the good walls in place already have been a huge deterrent to illegal entry. The point is to stop as many illegals and drugs from coming into our country as we can. Even Homeland Security has said we need the good walls.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

Old 12-20-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I read where a couple cities made the military take down the barb wire. They put it on the edge of parks where children play. It would take many years in court to get permission to build on private property too. The wall will never happen. Every poll says that over 60% of Americans don't want it.

Those who don't want a wall built on their property can just deal with the drug cartels, illegal trespassers and criminals who will then funnel through their properties. They'd be crying for a wall in no time. Who cares what some idiot Americans want or think? Most haven't even bothered to research the effectiveness of the good walls or they have a vested interest in illegal immigration continuing.

The wall will never happen? Why did congress pass the wall bill back in 2006 then?

Old 12-20-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I have a idea for you patriotic Trump supporters since Mexico or his GOP Congress won't fund his Wall.......go fund it yourself!
After you are done building that Wall I hope you also realize that the US/Mexico border also share two oceans and migrants can swim !

You don't think we guard our seaports already? And no, most illegal aliens are not going to swim the ocean to get here. You guys are just getting desperate with your lame comments now.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You’re right: it’s not my money. I don’t want it to be Americans’ money.

Trump said Mexico would pay for it and I’m holding him to it. OK? What’s wrong with that?

They’re saying the wall is going to cost 25 billion dollars but projects like that always end up costing more.

You want to contribute? Go right ahead. I don’t care what you do with your money.

I’m not donating money to some go fund me chimera that more than likely is going to end up in somebody’s pockets.

The hypocrites are the GOP controlled states that don’t use systems like e-verify and don’t throw the employers in jail.

Great, you don't want to fund the wall then you and yours can pay our share of the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us. Have you not read Trump's plan for Mexico paying for the wall down the line that I have posted in here over and over? Why weren't you refusing to pay for the wall back in 2006 when the wall bill was approved by congress? There was no plan for Mexico to pay for it at that time just the taxpayer.

E-verify will not stop all illegal immigration. Birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits would need to end also and criminals, terrorists and the drug cartels aren't looking for work.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:32 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
let people fund the boondoggle if they wish. Maybe they can extend them a few feet in urban areas.

Cant build it high enough to keep out all the people who arrive legally and overstay.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. Tunnels

2. Visas

You have to remember that not all illegals get here by walking across the boarder.

1. Tunnel sensors

2. The visa over stayers have nothing to do with securing our border from border jumpers. Not everyone can get a visa and for those who over stay that problem will just have to be dealt with in a different way.

Next.......

Old 12-20-2018, 07:35 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno, the Dem leaders love to tell their people that Trump was elected illegally, and continuely ignore why we voted him in. Is he the best President ever, no, his mouth is very bad and unprofessional, but, he is absolutely doing the things he promised to do...and that is why we voted for him...so here's your chance to wake up all the politicians....

Trump was voted in b/c he is not a politician...and he is certainly not as bad as the Press would like you to believe....so far, we're all still here....

They want so badly to prove he is a bad person, that they continually spend OUR money and waste time doing so now for two years....and the Republicans did it to Obama as well.

We want this foolishness stopped. We want our politicians to realize, WE PAY their salaries...and work for their money...

We tried to send a message by voting Trump in, however, the continue to deny why he is there, he denies why he is there....he is there only b/c the American people voted him in, PERIOD.

By continuing to allow people to cross the border illegally is corroding our system, allowing more drugs in this country, more crime, stains our educational systems, our teachers, hospitals, etc, not to mention, so so many people now believe it's ok to break laws....

It's not ok....when you break laws for convenience it has a trickle down effect, and it's corroding our society.

We want this stopped, we were not raised like this...we obey traffic laws, and all our laws of our country and everyone should. Enough is enough.....
The quickest cheapest way to stop illegals is to jail the people who hire them.

Eminent domain lawsuits are still unresolved from when Chertoff was in charge of homeland security. No wall can be started until those lawsuit are closed.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
20 feet more than what there is now.
Lets not forget also, the "wall" is really a fence. Trump, a self proclaimed "builder," is really an idiot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr6T-lxGQu4

Old 12-20-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The democrats are clearly showing that they want, and love the open borders policy that has been practiced for decades.

I won't be contributing to this fund because it's not a money issue. We have the money given that the government borrows 2 billion dollars every day just to exist. Let me repeat that: we borrow 2 billion dollars every day. So the 5 billion is available. It's not a money issue, it's a political issue and the democrats just don't want border security. They will do everything in their power to prevent tightening up the border.

Of course it's not a money issue. Our government continues to cover the over $100 billion a year that illegals cost us and it's covered by our taxes.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I'm sending thoughts and prayers.
As am I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies