Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 11:11 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Sinema is like Ocasio-Cortez. Foot in mouth disease. Very entertaining!

Actually Sinema voted 62.2% of the time with Trump. Pretty high for a Liberal Is she playing us or is she really a Moderate? Many serious Liberals have disdain for Sinema for her voting with Republicans so often.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...yrsten-sinema/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 11:13 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
I don't believe hundreds of thousands of Arizona voters split their tickets for Ducey and Sinema. Congrats to Democrats for stealing another election. Add it to the JFK election, the Washington governor's election, Al Franken beating Norm Coleman and all the other obviously stolen elections the awful Democrats have "won".

Old 12-18-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon55 View Post
The reason Sinema won is because she is a bipartisan moderate no left wing liberal would be able to win the sate and no Extreme right winger like ward would be either we prefer middle of the road.

I know Many Republicans who crossed over to vote for Sinema over McSally because of her Trump pandering.
And now that Sinema's in, 90% or more of her votes will be in lockstep with the awful Democrat leadership. That's how "moderate" Democrats roll. They say one thing to get elected, and it's another story after they are in office.

Sinema's voting record will be virtually identical to that of Elizabeth Warren, or any of the other left wing extremists that make up the Democrat caucus in the Senate.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I'm not sure this is the wisest move. McSally will now have two years of highly publicized votes where she will need to support Trump to carry her base. If she does not she faces a primary. If she does give him near total support she will face the same dynamic she did in 2018- being seen as a Trump surrogate in a state where he is unpopular.

It will also be interesting to see what the Arizona electorate looks like in 2020. Will it be younger with a higher amount of minorities or will there be more Midwestern white retirees adding to the rolls. Trump was held below 50 in 2016, so I see no reason to think he will provide any coattails.

We overwhelmingly Voted for Ducey and we didn't support McSally. Apparently, Arizonans are not that easy to predict. Sinema is a well known to portray herself as a Moderate and her ads were overwhelmingly playing her up as an "Independent" person who was willing to reach across the isle. Her voting record seems to indicate that. Her bad mouthing Arizonans to her Liberal colleagues caught on tape did not.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
We overwhelmingly Voted for Ducey and we didn't support McSally. Apparently, Arizonans are not that easy to predict. Sinema is a well known to portray herself as a Moderate and her ads were overwhelmingly playing her up as an "Independent" person who was willing to reach across the isle. Her voting record seems to indicate that. Her bad mouthing Arizonans to her Liberal colleagues caught on tape did not.
Nah, there were not hundreds of thousands of AR voters who voted for Ducey and Sinema. I don't believe it and never will.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:23 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I'm not sure this is the wisest move. McSally will now have two years of highly publicized votes where she will need to support Trump to carry her base. If she does not she faces a primary. If she does give him near total support she will face the same dynamic she did in 2018- being seen as a Trump surrogate in a state where he is unpopular.

It will also be interesting to see what the Arizona electorate looks like in 2020. Will it be younger with a higher amount of minorities or will there be more Midwestern white retirees adding to the rolls. Trump was held below 50 in 2016, so I see no reason to think he will provide any coattails.
I heard on TV today that she will have to run again in a special election in 2020 and if she wins, she has to run again in 2022. She'd better do something remarkable during that time or she might have a tough fight on her hands.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I heard on TV today that she will have to run again in a special election in 2020 and if she wins, she has to run again in 2022. She'd better do something remarkable during that time or she might have a tough fight on her hands.
As opposed to California, where your terrible Senators can do anything they want with no fear whatsoever from the awful voters in that state.

For example, Dianne Feinstein can violate the wishes of an alleged rape victim as long as it serves the DNC's purposes in smearing the character of a potential SCOTUS nominee. Dianne knows that she will win no matter what, so long as the pension benefits keep flowing to the greedy union members who make up the base of her party.

Ring a bell, 2sleepy?

Old 12-18-2018, 11:27 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
As opposed to California, where your terrible Senators can do anything they want with no fear whatsoever from the awful voters in that state.

For example, Dianne Feinstein can violate the wishes of an alleged rape victim as long as it serves the DNC's purposes in smearing the character of a potential SCOTUS nominee. Dianne knows that she will win no matter what, so long as the pension benefits keep flowing to the greedy union members who make up the base of her party.

Ring a bell, 2sleepy?
What is that all about? I wasn't criticizing McSally or Arizona and you felt compelled to jump in with some off topic silliness?

Old 12-18-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon55 View Post
The reason Sinema won is because she is a bipartisan moderate no left wing liberal would be able to win the sate and no Extreme right winger like ward would be either we prefer middle of the road.

I know Many Republicans who crossed over to vote for Sinema over McSally because of her Trump pandering.
Hence the Sarcastic face next to the word Liberal when used in conjugation with here name.

One things for sure I did not see a single Democrat Candidate use the word Liberal on their street signs, and almost every Republican played up being a Conservative on their signs. What? Democrats can't win claiming to be Liberal in AZ

Old 12-18-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What is that all about? I wasn't criticizing McSally or Arizona and you felt compelled to jump in with some off topic silliness?
I take it my silliness is pretty much right on since you don't dispute it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies