Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 10:46 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You are so blinded by your hatred of ‘conservatives, baptists, christains, righteousness etc. you refuse to call a spade a spade. You got some issues and i think you should get help. This is pedophilia, no matter girl boy, gay, hetero, its sick af!
When did I say I supported this? I even threw out an idea for a law that could have prevented this but to you Trump supporters, it isn't about this kid. It's about the "gay agenda" and your hatred of adults who happen to like members of the same sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 10:50 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
A child cannot consent to being part of sexualized behavior. That is against the law.
If so, why haven't the boy's parents been arrested and charged? Why hasn't the bar been shut down? Etc.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:53 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
When did I say I supported this? I even threw out an idea for a law that could have prevented this but to you Trump supporters, it isn't about this kid. It's about the "gay agenda" and your hatred of adults who happen to like members of the same sex.
No, it isn't. It's about exploiting a child for money. It's about a child...do you get that...a child, damnit, stripping in front of grown men in a fricken bar. What part of that do you not get? The fact that they were in a gay bar is akin to a female child...again, child...stripping and dancing on stage at a bar full of heterosexual males.

You want to think it's about people being gay, but that is nothing but deflection while you continue to act like this wasn't a big deal.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
[quote=dsjj251;53923600]CPS, no

But someone should slap his parents across the head.

gay or simply a kid who likes to cross dress, there is no way he should be in a bar.[/QUOTE

He has been an icon at the NY Pride Parade since 2005 (age 7-8).

He was featured on Good Morning America and goes by the stage name, “ Desmond is Amazing”.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxdvOLdG_34

Liberals, conservatives and gays have expressed outrage that the “ drag kid” was allowed to perform at this bar and that some patrons pelted him with dollar bills.

Best I can tell, the 3 Dollar Bar venue seems to host pop- up clubs on their premises.

Reportedly, the kid is somewhere in the Autistic spectrum.

Both of his parents support his expression. Desmond says he appreciates his “parents allow him to do what he wants”.

How exactly does a 7-8 year old get into drag and introduced to the scene?

Old 12-19-2018, 10:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If so, why haven't the boy's parents been arrested and charged? Why hasn't the bar been shut down? Etc.
My guess is because it is a transgendered kid.

If this was a fifth grade girl, stripping at 3 am in a bar with drunk grown men throwing money at her, I have no doubts the place would've been shut down and the child removed from the home. Do you?

Old 12-19-2018, 11:00 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No, it isn't. It's about exploiting a child for money. It's about a child...do you get that...a child, damnit, stripping in front of grown men in a fricken bar. What part of that do you not get? The fact that they were in a gay bar is akin to a female child...again, child...stripping and dancing on stage at a bar full of heterosexual males.

You want to think it's about people being gay, but that is nothing but deflection while you continue to act like this wasn't a big deal.
Then push for a law that bans minors under 18 from entering bars. You could even push for a law to criminalize sexually provocative public performances by children (if there isn't already one), but the problem there becomes who determines what the standard is for "sexually provocative." Do you really trust the state of New York to do that?

Old 12-19-2018, 11:01 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
The parents at a minimum deserve a heavy dose of public shaming they're clearly imbeciles.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post
Didn't read the article, but....

How could a minor be allowed entry into any bar--gay OR straight??? I'm way waaaaaaay past 21 (and look every bit past it) and I *still* get carded every time!

They're gonna be shut down by next week.
Most municipalities allow minors in bars so long as they are not seated at the bar, when accompanied by a parent/ guardian.

Most municipalities allow bar owners to ban children, too. Many do.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
[quote=middle-aged mom;53926962]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
CPS, no

But someone should slap his parents across the head.

gay or simply a kid who likes to cross dress, there is no way he should be in a bar.[/QUOTE

He has been an icon at the NY Pride Parade since 2005 (age 7-8).

He was featured on Good Morning America and goes by the stage name, “ Desmond is Amazing”.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxdvOLdG_34

Liberals, conservatives and gays have expressed outrage that the “ drag kid” was allowed to perform at this bar and that some patrons pelted him with dollar bills.

Best I can tell, the 3 Dollar Bar venue seems to host pop- up clubs on their premises.

Reportedly, the kid is somewhere in the Autistic spectrum.

Both of his parents support his expression. Desmond says he appreciates his “parents allow him to do what he wants”.

How exactly does a 7-8 year old get into drag and introduced to the scene?

Forcibly by the parents.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:07 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Just because the parents have not been arrested and the bar has not been shut down does not make this okay.

Even for the "individual liberty" crowd, I would argue that classical libertarians would say that because we do not consider children fully responsible for their actions, nor fully capable of bearing that responsibility restrictions on their freedoms are reasonable and ethically appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies