Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 11:25 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
In the interview with his dad, his dad actually stated that because this kid watched RuPaul when he was 2 years old, they decided that he was "different", and have been grooming him ever since.

How the hell does someone think that their kid is "different" and a "drag queen" when he's 2 years old? So WHAT if he watched RuPaul. RuPaul is out there - over the top, of course it's going to get a child's attention. I want to know why his parents sat him down in front of a RuPaul show at 2 years old. Of all the things to give your toddler to watch, "drag queens" is not at the top of the list.
Exactly. If parents 'groomed' their kids according to interests as 2 year olds, there would be a lot of adults who think they are trains, dinosaurs, puppies, kittens, bubbles, and tubs of play doh.

But anything related to LGBT is somehow the inner soul of the child that needs to be brought out. I question that if it is truly what the child wants, they can do it when they are older. It doesn't need to be forced on them as TODDLERS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2018, 11:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Exactly. If parents 'groomed' their kids according to interests as 2 year olds, there would be a lot of adults who think they are trains, dinosaurs, puppies, kittens, bubbles, and tubs of play doh.

But anything related to LGBT is somehow the inner soul of the child that needs to be brought out. I question that if it is truly what the child wants, they can do it when they are older. It doesn't need to be forced on them as TODDLERS.
No one on this thread has indicated what you claim.

No one.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:27 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
You might want to read up on this kid.

https://desmondisamazing.com/

Now, saying that, it is inappropriate for him to be dancing in any bar, period, much less at 3 am.
That site is sickening. That poor kid. His parents must be deranged.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:34 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Wow. He needs to be removed from his parents' "care." ASAP

Old 12-19-2018, 11:37 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
In the interview with his dad, his dad actually stated that because this kid watched RuPaul when he was 2 years old, they decided that he was "different", and have been grooming him ever since.

How the hell does someone think that their kid is "different" and a "drag queen" when he's 2 years old? So WHAT if he watched RuPaul. RuPaul is out there - over the top, of course it's going to get a child's attention. I want to know why his parents sat him down in front of a RuPaul show at 2 years old. Of all the things to give your toddler to watch, "drag queens" is not at the top of the list.
That is so gross...

He was 2 years old. He liked the RuPaul show because of all the shiny bright colors and sparkles (as do most babies and small children), not because he was meant to be a drag queen.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No one on this thread has indicated what you claim.

No one.
The parents of this poor child did.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Having been to a few drag shows (thank you, Cynthia, you former girlfriend you, who liked this stuff), I can assure you that drag shows are not sexual. They are, however, ... interesting.

The performers are guys; we know that from the start. They are over the top: bigger hair than was ever popular in the 1980s, dresses that your girlfriend would never wear to your office Christmas party--they are performers. In a way, they are like pro wrestlers: over-the-top entertainers; nothing else.

They entertain a certain group of people who like this form of entertainment. There is nothing sexual about it. I still have no problems with a drag show featuring performers over the age of 18--but under age 18 and in a bar--yes, I have problems.
As a young adult, I lived down the block from a famous drag club. There were always limos and taxies lined up out fron and around the corner. I went with a group of friends a few times.

Far more surprising than the actual entertainment were the patrons- straight folk. No shortage of Bachelorette and Bachelor parties going on.

About half the audiences were female. No shortage of males, “ suits” - conventioneers out for a night of heavy drinking. There was nothing remotely “ gay” or particularly sexual about the scene.

Drag is not transgender.

Drag is a sub- culture separate from mainstream gay culture.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
That is so gross...

He was 2 years old. He liked the RuPaul show because of all the shiny bright colors and sparkles (as do most babies and small children), not because he was meant to be a drag queen.
As well as the overemphasized mannerisms. It's how to keep children entertained and focused.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
As a young adult, I lived down the block from a famous drag club. There were always limos and taxies lined up out fron and around the corner. I went with a group of friends a few times.

Far more surprising than the actual entertainment were the patrons- straight folk. No shortage of Bachelorette and Bachelor parties going on.

About half the audiences were female. No shortage of males, “ suits” - conventioneers out for a night of heavy drinking. There was nothing remotely “ gay” or particularly sexual about the scene.

Drag is not transgender.

Drag is a sub- culture separate from mainstream gay culture.
Were any of the drag queens you saw elementary school age children who stripped for money?

Old 12-19-2018, 11:44 AM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
I'm thinking there's a possibility that Desmond may like all the attention he gets when he "performs," and that could be an important motivating factor. Could be the parents' fault for positively reinforcing only such behavior. BUT... but, but, but, he actually may be gay and enjoys what he does. How are we to know or judge? What's the "litmus test?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies