Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 12:53 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times

Advertisements

Trump was the right guy at the right time. He was possibly the only R candidate in '16 that could have beaten Hillary, and he did just that. You can call it Russian collusion if you want, you can say it was an act of God, whatever makes you happy. As a guy who can't stand politicians and wanted to see a businessman running things since Perot back in 1992, I had no choice but to vote for him. And he's gotten some good things done despite relentless media attacks and the "RESIST" movement started the day after he was elected by the sore losers.

But he's done. Trump isn't going to be around in 2020 to run again. There are too many of his staff in trouble or in prison. Too many scandals, too much shady behavior. Trump's Foundation was just shut down for Pete's sake and you can't blame the media for that one. Chris Matthews predicted Trump will resign within a few weeks and that prediction might just happen.

I'm throwing in the towel. Give me Mark Cuban next time around, and I don't care which party he runs under. Only thing is, Cuban is too smart to give up the life he has to be president. So it will probably be back to the usual assortment of Crooked Clintons and Low Energy Jebs the next time around. This country deserves what it gets.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:55 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,406 times
You can’t be a real Trump fan. Only true Trump fans jump in front of the bullet for him. SPAM!

Old 12-19-2018, 01:04 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
You can’t be a real Trump fan. Only true Trump fans jump in front of the bullet for him. SPAM!
I know of no one that is a true Trumper, just people who were sick of Obama/Hillary their anti American theme.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:23 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I know of no one that is a true Trumper, just people who were sick of Obama/Hillary their anti American theme.
There is at least one person on this forum who is a yuge fanboy of Trump himself, or at least posts as one. Very much so.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:27 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Mark Cuban seems pretty reasonable, he would probably get my vote.

Maybe Bloomberg?

Idk, but the US has 320 million people...surely there are better people out there. :/

Old 12-19-2018, 01:38 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,132 times
Maga2020

Old 12-19-2018, 01:43 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Who got to you? The media? They pass around the same talking points between beer and bjs.
Calling it as I see it. The three things that have gotten to me are 1) the huge turnover in his staff 2) the fact that the Trump Foundation is shut down. I've railed against the Clinton Foundation for years, and it's stunning to me that they found enough BS in Trump's Foundation that it actually got shut down before the Clinton Foundation did. and 3) Cohen goes to prison for 3 years for basically doing Trump's work.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:59 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Calling it as I see it. The three things that have gotten to me are 1) the huge turnover in his staff 2) the fact that the Trump Foundation is shut down. I've railed against the Clinton Foundation for years, and it's stunning to me that they found enough BS in Trump's Foundation that it actually got shut down before the Clinton Foundation did. and 3) Cohen goes to prison for 3 years for basically doing Trump's work.
Many props to you! That’s not an easy thing to do, especially here on C-D P&OC.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:19 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times
Relax.

As of right now, as we speak, the only thing that maybe, maybe sticks to him is paying off his mistress with his own money, which, if the precedent of John Edwards holds, is civil matter.

His people are going down for tax evasion, process crimes, etc. If you shined this close a light on any politician's inner circle, it would be the same. Hell, it sure was for the Clintons.

As of right now, no on has accused Trump of anything related to Russia. Now that the voters have vented, as they always do, look for Trump to win big in 2020.

By the way, Whereas Trump was the choice in the primaries, all polls showed other Republican such as Kasich and Rubio beating Hillary sometimes by double digits. In general elections, it is the LEAST extreme candidates that do well. So I am not getting where you get the idea that he is the only one who could have won. He is the only major candidate outside of Jeb Bush who COULD have lost, though congrats for pulling it out.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:58 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,410,619 times
I agree with the OP.

I have often said that the United States of America is an idea that is bigger than whoever leads it. I do not believe that it is in danger from whoever is in power at any given time--it is stronger than that, and the checks and balances built into its constitution prevent a dictatorship. Those checks and balances seem to be working.

Given that the current US President seems to be more consumed with rebutting SNL sketches, tweeting whatever occurs at any given moment (displaying that he really doesn't understand international diplomacy and his own Constitution), golfing at his own resorts on the American taxpayers' dime, and destroying good trade and diplomatic relations with allies that the US has had for centuries, I think that sensible Republicans will select another candidate for election in 2020. I'm sure that such Republicans would rather select somebody who pays attention to national issues and policy, rather than someone who complains about something as trivial and silly as SNL's portrayal of him.

Mr. Trump will not destroy the United States--as I said, the idea of the United States is bigger than he is. But I would suggest that if the Republicans hope to win the presidency in 2020, that they put forward a candidate who can deal with law, who can take advice from people who are smarter than he or she is, who can act with diplomacy among nations, who understands international trade, and who doesn't appear to be making it up as he or she goes along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies