Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 09:45 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
No surprise that states with the highest Illegal Alien populations have this shared statistic. Not like people coming here illegally have much education.
(Disclaimer I loathe Trump and the cowardly Republicans who do not do their jobs to rein him in).

That said, I do think that the anti-illegal immigrant fight is not about brown people increasing their numbers, but *poor* people increasing their numbers in the U.S. Yes, I know that some high percentage of people illegally here in the U.S. are overstaying visas, not running across the border. But those people are not likely to be impoverished.

I doubt anyone is overly upset about a Mexican lawyer or Honduran doctor overstaying a visa or coming into the country illegally.

If you've ever been to a Third World country, you know there are billions of very poor people, not literate in their own countries, with many children, who are desperately poor and those who are relatively nearby can come in my land. I mean, you don't see poor Canadians coming across the northern border.

Hence, Europe gets poor people from Africa and southeast Asia, because they can make the trip. The U.S. gets poor people from Central America. You get the poor people who are nearest.

I have no idea what the answer is. Every poor person in the world would probably want to get to Europe and the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 09:48 AM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Illegals drop out of school. More illegals in CA and TX

Old 12-20-2018, 09:53 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post

I think this is a reflection of illegals, as Texas is #2

No one in their right mind thinks that a nation is made better by the importation of massive numbers of individuals with little, if any education, and cannot speak the language. This, of course, is a recipe for reducing the aggregate well being of the nation.

Dem leaders want illegals for more dem voters.

Repub leaders want illegals for more workers at slave wages.

Neither agenda is beneficial to the citizens of the US. After all, our government, laws and traditions are for the citizens of the US, not every person in the world who has need, as need is infinite and resources are not.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:05 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Not unique to CA., but you think they could do better @ $11,400 per student.
We need to give them more money. It's always the answer.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:16 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yesterday it was Colorado, today it's California. Why are far-right conservatives so obsessed with attacking liberal states about these obscure, irrelevant statistics?

Yesterday it was bathroom doors in a Colorado train station, today it's how many Californians don't make it through 9th grade.

Getting an education is not an obscure, irrelevant statistic to me, these are real people not bathroom doors. Millions of adults in California did not make it past the 9th grade. That is a big problem. With the coming automation of lots of low skilled jobs this a huge problem brewing.

And I am a libertarian not a right wing conservative. However how taxpayer money is used for things like education is of interest to me and a welfare state that promotes single pregnant women getting on public assistance as opposed to getting an education is a problem.

We can do better as a country and California with all its taxes and wealth should not be dead last in education.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 12-20-2018 at 10:53 AM..

Old 12-20-2018, 10:44 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Illegals drop out of school. More illegals in CA and TX
Yep, I believe both TX and CA have the highest amount of Hispanic immigrants, both illegal and legal, and both states are now white minority states or very close to it.
This is the continuing vision democrats have for America.
And this is why we have to change to merit-based immigration — doesn’t matter what race, but they need to be skilled, educated, speak fair English, and no criminal records.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:10 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,918,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Thats why commiefornia pushes for state schooling and makes it hard for you to homeschool your kid. They want your kid to go into their marxist liberal propaganda curriculum ...

That way, by the time your kid is 18 . He/she a full blown brainwashed marxist justice warrior.
No thats not the reason. They want to make your kid to gets an actual education and not have homeschooling simply become an excuse for bad parenting.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:54 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Yep, I believe both TX and CA have the highest amount of Hispanic immigrants, both illegal and legal, and both states are now white minority states or very close to it.
This is the continuing vision democrats have for America.
And this is why we have to change to merit-based immigration — doesn’t matter what race, but they need to be skilled, educated, speak fair English, and no criminal records.

That way we can further depress our own people entering into the engineering fields as overseas skilled labor helps keep the wages depressed compared to how the free market would work. Because the free market will be local for low paid jobs, but global for higher paid jobs. Got it.

Seriously folks....no. Either stop the immigration, or let it go wild, but don't focus on one side of it being good-there are drawbacks to taking just the educated ones. Id far prefer minimal or no immigration or a lot of immigration to the idea that we only let certain types in.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:05 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
That's only because of the floods of illegals. Same reason why Texas is #2.

And California is #1 because they actively accommodate illegals.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:12 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
and their cluelessness is well represented on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies