Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 10:53 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,101 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 10:54 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIsOne View Post
And while all of this self-inflicted chaos is happening, the perpetrator will be off golfing.

I agree with all who say the Democrats should not impeach Trump. Let him stay right where he is, digging the GOP's grave. Their demise can only be good for the country.
The thing is he is taking conservatives, real conservatives, to the grave along with him. I fear for my pocketbook without a conservative check on government.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:58 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Many people never heard of him. He's really a nobody. Somebody is someone that has name recognition. He has none. A Chief Ethics Attorney is not someone who's name would be front and center in anything unless there is an ethics violation you are reading about.
LOL. Richard Painter has made tons of appearances on cable political shows. Sure, he's not a household name but he is well known in political and media circles.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:59 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I'll be happy to oblige your request.

I am slowly being vindicated: my views on the illegality of Trump and his administration used to be fringe but are increasingly becoming mainstream. I'm happy to educate C-D readers on the con man Trump's crimes in office (and before). It's a public service. I offer it at no charge
So, no Russian collusion?

Old 12-20-2018, 11:02 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So, no Russian collusion?

Huh? I didn't say that. There's a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting the theory that Trump conspired and colluded with Russia in a quid pro quo deal where Trump got help in the elections and was going to get a Moscow hotel in exchange for lifting the sanctions. We will have to wait for Mueller's final report to see if there's more evidence to back it up.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:03 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
LOL. Richard Painter has made tons of appearances on cable political shows. Sure, he's not a household name but he is well known in political and media circles.
lmao..There are hundreds of people who made appearances on those shows and they are still nobodies in the grand scheme of things. They just spout what the networks want them to.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:05 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The thing is he is taking conservatives, real conservatives, to the grave along with him. I fear for my pocketbook without a conservative check on government.
You fear for your pocketbook but you wholeheartedly support the very party that wants to steal it from you? That sounds like insanity or Stockholm Syndrome to me.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
This "nut" is a long term Republican who served as the chief ethics attorney in the George W. Bush administration.

Trump is what made him leave the GOP - despite the lies of Trumplings, that is the only #WalkAway that actually occurred

A corporate ***** left the GOP after working Americans finalized their hostile takeover of the Party in 2016, and this a bad thing?

Old 12-20-2018, 11:15 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
This "nut" is a long term Republican who served as the chief ethics attorney in the George W. Bush administration.

Trump is what made him leave the GOP - despite the lies of Trumplings, that is the only #WalkAway that actually occurred
so you've pretzeled yourself into taking the word of the guy that said waterboarding was a bully idea?

LOL and we are supposed to take you seriously?

Old 12-20-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Huh? I didn't say that. There's a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting the theory that Trump conspired and colluded with Russia in a quid pro quo deal where Trump got help in the elections and was going to get a Moscow hotel in exchange for lifting the sanctions. We will have to wait for Mueller's final report to see if there's more evidence to back it up.

There's a lot of circumstantial evidence that I'm really the Pope, only I'm not Catholic.

As for quid pro quo, that was supposed to be offered by Jr. at the Trump Tower meeting where Natalia Veselnitskaya wore a wire and was to offer "dirt" on Clinton.

She opened the door for an offer by talking about the need to repeal Magnitsky sanctions (see, she can't suggest an even exchange because that would be entrapment), but Jr. didn't bite and it came to nothing.

Must have been some sad faces at the Obama DOJ/FBI that day...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies