Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 01:13 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Only a true free market will make the economy thrive. The US has never really had that. The closest thing they've had to it is crony capitalism.
Go with these thoughts & feelings.

Report back to me with your progress.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:18 PM

72,973 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
And you haven't figured out why that is yet? It's because of the companies fleeing the US for lesser taxed and regulated countries leaving us high and dry on decent job opportunities. Not everyone can work in Silicon Valley which is the only damn thing left just about.
Some of those companies are looking for places where they can pay people peanuts for the same things that Americans would require $20 per hour to do. People like me didn't go to college and/or gain some kind of skill only to get paid $10 per hour.

And for the jobs I've been seeking, I notice that many companies want people with far more experience than I have, it is often "who you know", or many jobs are in places I don't live (and many of those places aren't willing to pay for relocation).

Old 12-20-2018, 01:19 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"Lemming" Americans would be those who blame everything on some "ism" or another.
You have hard time with reality. Only a complete idiot would not see what our trade deals and high taxes and regulations have done to make people poor. Do you really expect to survive on waiting tables, working a register, stocking shelves, etc? Do you think every single American can go into a STEM field then force those looking for applicants to hire Americans over less paid foreigners? Wake the hell up, this shouldn't be an issue. ALL Americans should unite on this, unless you're one of those top .1% that benefits from the disastrous globalist ideas.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:25 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some of those companies are looking for places where they can pay people peanuts for the same things that Americans would require $20 per hour to do. People like me didn't go to college and/or gain some kind of skill only to get paid $10 per hour.

And for the jobs I've been seeking, I notice that many companies want people with far more experience than I have, it is often "who you know", or many jobs are in places I don't live (and many of those places aren't willing to pay for relocation).
You still don't get it. The reason they are looking for those places to do business is because our damn globalist policies forced them to. See the monster it created? That monster is companies controlled by nationless shareholders that don't care one bit about you or I. They only care about pillaging us for whatever they can and when things get tough they just pack up shop and move elsewhere to start their parasitic pillaging all over again. This won't change until we all unite against these practices.

As for your second paragraph, everyone faces those situations, it comes down to how hard you try and how much you want it. Perseverance my friend. Stick with it and it will work out.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:36 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times
Just want to jump in to say that this is idiotic and reveals the level of economic lilteracy in this country.

You want some boom and bust in the economy. The alternative is Obama/European style flatlining. When free markets reign, recessions are short, healthy and corrective, eliminating and re-organizing the inefficient elements of the economy.

Do we really want to go back to the Obama years when there were not enough jobs being created to account for new entries into the workforce?

If there is a short recession now, it will be long over by 2020, the economy will be roaring back, and Trump will win in another electoral landslide.

Bring it.

Also, does OP understand that the Fed keeps hiking rates in a DELIBERATE attempt to slow the economy? Does OP undestand the difference between monetary and fiscal policy? Just saying.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:59 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Every time we get Republican leadership it's the same thing. Promises of huge tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations with the guarantee that the money will flow down to the middle and lower classes, stimulating the economy. Yet, every time we've tried this, we've ended up with a recession. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Yet, people still buy into the idea that trickle-down policy works, largely because people have warm fuzzy feelings about the Reagan 1980s. When are we going to finally admit as a nation that George HW Bush was right when he called it "voodoo economics"?
When a citizen finally realizes there are financial powers in the world orchestrating world affairs to suit their diabolical needs then we would understand things a lot better. These powers have ultimate control and unlimited bank accounts funded by phantom money. They dominate and direct American politics and financial institutions. The entire globe. The military complex is owned by them. There is no where that is untouched.

They are the ultra-supreme richest families worth trillions of dollars. They buy countries. All they have to do is control banks and they can effect chaos in monumental proportions such as destroy economies, make wars, and plunder resources, cause famine and create extreme weather. There is nothing they cannot do. Their cyber presence is pervasive. Their goal is destruction and suffering. They are in space, underground, and in secret societies including the Freemasons, monarchies, the Vatican, The Family, Bilderberg, Cabal, and the Illuminati.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:00 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
I'd rather take my chances with trickle down than trickle up poverty. Never saw a poor person that started a company, or employed people. A rising tide raises all boats.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:20 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lol, the GLARING problem here is that any demand is met with imports. How does that help the economy? Globalism is the problem that needs to be looked at. Nationless shareholders don't care if you are poor.
Just a question of scale then? Why not city/county/stat’ism’?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies