Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 05:58 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Mattis cannot stand that President Trump is fulfilling another campaign promise.
Like Trump’s campaign promises make sense for our country... HAHAHA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 06:01 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Mattis cannot stand that President Trump is fulfilling another campaign promise.
Mattis could not "stand" incoming reports that Turkey's response to Trump's troop withdrawal will be to start military action against the Kurds. Mattis went to the WH this morning armed both with that information and his resignation letter. The United States has made commitments to the Kurds; that kind of destabilization opens the door to the still-existing ISIS. Today's meeting with Trump did not go well. The rest is history.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:05 PM

244 posts, read 180,962 times
As much as I am a liberal and I dislike Trump, I am happy about withrawal from Syria.

US has *no* reason to be involved in *any* foreign conflicts, with the exception of maybe those in Central America.

Our involvements overseas cost money we do not have, wound our soldiers and ultimately mess up the countries we are in. If Putin wants Syria, let him have it- how is this our problem?

If Trump dropped support for Israel I would almost start liking him. But he won't do that as he needs to keep the Christian fundamentalists happy.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:06 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Final straw after US troops pulled from Syria. Putin must love this decision.
As do I. I also approve of hiking in the forest and quitting smoking - just like Hitler!

Old 12-20-2018, 06:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
NOT TROLLING

Mon: 2 former business partners of Flynn indicted as foreign agents of Turkey.

Tues: Flynn sentencing hearing continued, cooperation with .gov

Wed: Says we're pulling out of Syria.
Later US Treasury Department/Mnuchin announces sanction removal from Deripaska.

Thurs: US Defense Secretary Mattis retires citing confliction with Trump.

What will Friday bring? Trump is having a hell of a week.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:28 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
New Secretary of Defense to be named shortly.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...78792168685568
I nominate Ivanka to follow Mattis!!!!

Old 12-20-2018, 06:30 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,641 times
You have to be on drugs to think everything is good in the White House

Old 12-20-2018, 07:43 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Donald Trump Tweets To ‘Fox & Friends’; Ties Syria Troop Pullout To Stymied Border Wall Funding
“Getting out of Syria was no surprise. I’ve been campaigning on it for years, and six months ago, when I very publicly wanted to do it, I agreed to stay longer. Russia, Iran, Syria & others are the local enemy of ISIS. We were doing there work. Time to come home & rebuild.”

A slew of tweets later, Trump suggested his stunning Syria troop pullout is his response to not getting funding for his beloved border wall:

“When I begrudgingly signed the Omnibus Bill, I was promised the Wall and Border Security by leadership. Would be done by end of year (NOW). It didn’t happen! We foolishly fight for Border Security for other countries – but not our beloved U.S.A. Not good!”
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...161806602.html

Good post

Old 12-20-2018, 07:44 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Our reality under Individual 1 aka Putin's puppet.
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status...14274164408321

Old 12-20-2018, 07:58 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post
As much as I am a liberal and I dislike Trump, I am happy about withrawal from Syria.

US has *no* reason to be involved in *any* foreign conflicts, with the exception of maybe those in Central America.

Our involvements overseas cost money we do not have, wound our soldiers and ultimately mess up the countries we are in. If Putin wants Syria, let him have it- how is this our problem?

If Trump dropped support for Israel I would almost start liking him. But he won't do that as he needs to keep the Christian fundamentalists happy.
It is to the advantage of the United States of America to keep the world peaceful. We really don’t want ISIS here in our country, wreaking havoc.

If Putin takes over Syria, he could gradually take over all of Europe. Do you want that guy to be in charge of so much of the world? We could be next...

You are thinking “locally.” Today we need to think globally. Life is different now. It’s a scary world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies