Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 11:06 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon55 View Post
lol is saying his full name with the Hussein part supposed to make him seem like a villain?
Its a sad thing when you can't write the full name of a former president of the US without someone thinking you have some sinister purpose behind it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 11:07 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Nancy who?

Certainly not Commissar Pelosi. Dumb broad looked just ridiculous wondering wherethe hell she is, wondering why cameras are there..
She schooled the man-child Trump, huh?

I love the Trump apologists, they’re funny.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:11 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Um, increased border security that will keep countless illegals out of the country. Mind you, these illegals cost taxpayers FAR MORE than $5.7 billion a year. It would be money well spent. As for those who say the wall would be ineffective, I will again point them to Israel.
To seek asylum one has to be IN the country first. And no wall will keep people out if they want in bad enough.
That’s you and the others being naive.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:18 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Democrats, led by Barack Hussein Obama, more than doubted the debt of the entirety of the US's history at the time. And the only reason why they didn't spend even more is because the GOP took over the House in 2010 and stopped a lot of their grandiose plans. Don't talk to me about them being the party of fiscal responsibility.
President Obama didn't double the debt. He merely added the true costs of the two wars in Iraq & Afghanistan which Dubya used supplemental bills instead to fund them but were never in the budget along with the tax cuts that weren't included.
Dubya used accounting gimmicks to hide those two issues which alone doubled our debt without Obama even signing his first budget bill.
Obama had a friendly Congress for only 2 out of his 8 years as President so what happened during his last 6 years when he had a GOP controlled Congress?
Are they not accountable for that time period since Congress does hold the purse strings?

Stop with this revisionist history.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
There are 24 cabinet positions and Trump has lost or removed 13 of them so far....So much winning !
Now that the outsider has a handle on the game, from not knowing jack ****, he is finally going to play hardball.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:25 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonwoodbao View Post
Make the Democrats look unreasonable for refusing to vote for even modest wall funding. And keep the government shut down until those 60 votes materialize. He has the upper hand, he just doesn't realize it.
Look unreasonable to who, Republicans? Who gives a crap they aren't going to vote for a Democrat no matter how they vote, and Democratic voters do not want them to vote for the wall. Ilive in California and Trump has done nothing but try to damage this state, the SALT limits in his tax bill, his attempts to sell mineral leases on BLM land in the state and the stated intent of the interior department to turn our forests over to the lumber industry, not to mention the plan to drill oil off of our beaches. F this guy and the horse he rode in on. I do more than vote, I donate to politicians and work on their campaigns and if any of them do anything to help this orange clown they will never get a dollar of my money or an hour of my time.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Now that the outsider has a handle on the game, from not knowing jack ****, he is finally going to play hardball.
He has a handle on the game? That's rich...he fires Mattis who was one of the only sane people in his administration and that shows you that he has a handle on the game. The only time in his life that Trump played 'hardball' was on the apprentice and he was reading a script the entire time, he didn't even get to pick who got fired, the producers of the show did.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nancy told Trump that he didn't have the votes in the House.
Trump said he did have the votes in the House, but not in the Senate (he mentioned being ten votes short in the Senate).
The passage of the bill this thread is about proves that Trump was correct, and Nancy was wrong on that point.
(and I'm not pro any of them...I dislike all three of them...Pelosi, Schumer, and Trump)
This is actually what was said and it sounds like Pelosi was baiting him more than anything else:

Quote:
During a heated debate between Trump, Pelosi, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and a silent Vice President Mike Pence on Dec. 11, Trump said he would have no problem getting 218 votes for money to replace and build new barriers on the U.S.-Mexico border.

"If I needed the votes for the wall in the House, I would have them in one session — we'd be done," Trump said.

"Well, then do it. Do it," Pelosi said.

"It doesn't help for me to take a vote in the House where I will win easily with the Republicans," said Trump. Only eight Republicans voted against the spending bill Thursday, which is aimed at avoiding a government shutdown.

"You will not win," said Pelosi. "The fact is you do not have the votes in the House."

"Nancy, I do," said Trump.

"Well, then let's take the vote and find out," she said.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...r-wall-funding

Old 12-20-2018, 11:37 PM

21,829 posts, read 25,094,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Yeah....Trump says all kinds of crazy stuff. But if you analyze what really happened, it is another Schumer Shutdown. Schumer wont sign the budget that the house passed. His fellow democrats in the senate wont sign the budget that the house passed.

If Schumer and his buddies wont sign the budget, the government shuts down.

Schumer Shutdown.

You do realize that even if Schumer and his buddies did sign the house bill it wouldn't do anything, right? That's not how government works. Senators don't sign house bills. Schumer is so far down the line of succession I'm not sure anyone even knows where he is.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:50 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonwoodbao View Post
He already made them look unreasonable last week when Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer looked like deer in the headlights and demanded to negotiate in private, not in front of the media.

More of that, please.
Uh, no.

Generally speaking, the details of any major negotiation are conducted in private so that one can candidly discuss issues more readily and have the give and take - whether in business or government.

Pelosi and Schumer knows that when the cameras are running, it's basically a photo op show with little substance. They also gave Trump the opportunity to escape making a fool out of himself by suggesting they talk it out away from the cameras, which he foolishly refused - and proceeded to make a fool out of himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies