Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 10:16 PM

1,074 posts, read 944,303 times

Advertisements

President Donald Trump has visited Mar-a-lago, in Palm Beach, Florida since the 1980s for his annual Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday. He spends time there at Mar-a-lago from November to April, it is called the Winter White House.

https://www.maralagoclub.com/

Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain of the United Kingdom has visited Sandrigham House, a large, sprawling country estate in Norfolk, England from December to February for her and her family's Christmas and winter break.

https://www.sandringhamestate.co.uk/

If you had the money, would you buy homes like that and create your own majestic family holiday tradition---think about it---you can have a home that is just used for the winter holidays!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 10:20 PM

30,528 posts, read 17,991,733 times
I honestly wouldn't. Its just too much house. But that's me.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:39 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,762,618 times
If I had queen money, I wouldn’t own anything, house, cars, whatever. I’d rent what I need and I’d be in the wind. Being where I want to be, when I want to be there and leaving for half way across the world on a whim.
At the end of the day your House is the place you store your stuff while working etc. It ties you down and if you have f**k you money you don’t need it.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:10 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,414,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
President Donald Trump has visited Mar-a-lago, in Palm Beach, Florida since the 1980s for his annual Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday. He spends time there at Mar-a-lago from November to April, it is called the Winter White House.

https://www.maralagoclub.com/

Queen Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain of the United Kingdom has visited Sandrigham House, a large, sprawling country estate in Norfolk, England from December to February for her and her family's Christmas and winter break.

https://www.sandringhamestate.co.uk/

If you had the money, would you buy homes like that and create your own majestic family holiday tradition---think about it---you can have a home that is just used for the winter holidays!!

Your the envious people out there... They don't make land anymore.
Any property is a good investment.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,871,372 times
Let's be clear -- it isn't called the Winter White House -- TRUMP calls it the Winter White House...nobody else does -- just Trump -- well maybe some Trump fans.

It isn't the winter White House. It is a Trump owned business that benefits from the Trump Presidency.

I want a private residence...not a business to call my own.

If I had Trump money I would be on a really nice beach. I'm not a fan of the beach -- and you have to walk through a tunnel underneath the road.

On the beach --- that's for me.....and a better beach.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:46 PM

1,074 posts, read 944,303 times
Default I would. I would start a tradition from CE to CD

My Christmas Eve at My Palace

6:00p: A light Christmas Eve dinner

8:00p-11p: Off time, watch TV, use the computer, whatever

11p-12a: Christmas Eve mass

Christmas Day:

Whatever you please

I don't usually have a Christmas Day dinner/lunch, we eat whatever, potatoes, chicken, etc.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:32 PM

21,019 posts, read 19,475,265 times
Many rich people have more than one house, including many rich Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies