Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 01:27 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Weak, I should say.

Majority of voters did not vote for Trump or his worthless wall.

Those who did vote for him were under the distinct impression that it would be paid for by, wait for it, MEXICO!
Mexico!

Until Mexico sends the cash for the wall, NO WALL! Really, the stupid thing is just a worthless monument to Trump & the unintelligent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 07:56 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
That's nobody's fault but their own. They weren't forced to wait until December to hash things out. I'm tired of everything being put off to the last minute and being made a fake crisis.
The GOP did this intentionally. Delaying and blaming Democrats is in their playbook, "Avoiding Accountability While Keeping Our Base."

Old 12-23-2018, 08:04 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
This is how trump, his base, and right-wing pundits have defined what could MAGA!

Nation with Crumbling Bridges and Roads Excited to Build Giant Wall

Quote:
While some think that America’s declining infrastructure is a national-security threat, Dorrinson strongly disagrees. "If immigrants somehow get over the wall, the condition of our bridges and roads will keep them from getting very far," he said.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...0G_gHg4o1qANdA

Old 12-23-2018, 08:08 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is how trump, his base, and right-wing pundits have defined what could MAGA!

Nation with Crumbling Bridges and Roads Excited to Build Giant Wall

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...0G_gHg4o1qANdA
'

That was another one of Trump's big failures. His 1.5 trillion dollar infrastructure bill. But he would rather have a wall than fix the country's infrastructure.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:09 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
He accomplished more in a month than Obama did in 8 years, unless you count running up the deficit by $10 TRILLION as an accomplishment.
Seems you forgot about Trump running up the deficit by $2 trillion in less than 2 years. Yeah great accomplishment.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:15 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
How many are coming over every month? I am unable to find a number for it which isn't some partisan lie. I believe illegals are coming; but from what I can gather it is not an amount that is worth spending, at a minimum, $5 BILLION to stop. The data I've seen show a significant decline over the years. I believe in border security, but not in that manner. It's something a 90 year old might believe in.

Oh, what $5 Billion could for our health care system.

WELL, there are cheaper ways to do it...................

...............................but most people do not agree with planting mine fields.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:36 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
WELL, there are cheaper ways to do it...................

...............................but most people do not agree with planting mine fields.
Plant the minefields around the Americans, both individuals and corporations, who hire them and your problem ceases immediately.

That single feature would stymie both visa overstays and any other method they might be using, in addition to and not addressed by the "wall", like wading across the Rio Grande.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:38 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Plant the minefields around the Americans, both individuals and corporations, who hire them and your problem ceases immediately.

That single feature would stymie both visa overstays and any other method they might be using, in addition to and not addressed by the "wall", like wading across the Rio Grande.
Agree. Severe penalties for the employers and it'll stop quickly.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:51 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
I received an email from my congressman listing what would and wouldn't be effected by the democrats shutting down gov. by failing to put America and Americans first.
The only thing that would have effected me but turns out doesn't is renewing a passport.

Passports: The State Department will continue to issue passports.

Having worked for the federal gov. in the past, those who still do after the last 20 gov. shutdowns know what it means and have made a choice to accept what comes with the job. They accept the good and the bad as a matter of choice, just as I did. Very few jobs are all gravy and no potatoes.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:27 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Agree. Severe penalties for the employers and it'll stop quickly.
Bingo.

Republicans stripped any meaningful employer penalties from Reagan's amnesty bill and have been surprisingly silent about this ever since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies