Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2018, 08:17 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He doesn't even belong there. Our top universities are garbage anymore. They are all about SJW BS and not real advancement of people and opportunity. They only teach people to be Globalists and rape the country for whatever they can.
The words of one who has never darkened the door of a top university.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 08:26 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
*He* was a "tool of the media" who was supposed to vanish with the next news cycle. Ten months later, he's still very much on top of the news and headed for the #1 school in the country. He will stay in the news as he progresses through school, and he is still one of the leaders of a national youth voter registration effort, as well as a respected gun control advocate.

We need more obnoxious people like him.
He did vanish, but was resurrected, like in a zombie movie.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:26 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So he can rant on twitter. Big deal.
He does a better job of it than someone we know quite well.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
He does a better job of it than someone we know quite well.
Alyssa Milano?

Old 12-24-2018, 08:30 AM

So what other than politics did Harvard see in Hogg, that the other schools which rejected him didn't?

Old 12-24-2018, 08:43 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
So what other than politics did Harvard see in Hogg, that the other schools which rejected him didn't?
Ah well, even Ivy League schools make mistakes. After all, Penn admitted Donald Trump and three of his progeny.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:48 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
So what other than politics did Harvard see in Hogg

Leadership, communication, activism, debate, public speaking, journalism(he wrote a book which was released this fall).

Old 12-24-2018, 08:51 AM

900 posts, read 375,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
And a far more qualified Asian-American applicant was rejected.

Hogg said he had a mediocre for Harvard 1270 SAT score. Only football and basketball players are accepted with scores like that.
Harvard seeks leaders, and leadership is not about intelligence but about power of persuasion ... Harvard does not want to be full of smart Asians who will be subordinated by big corporations, they want to form the guys who ran those corporations, or you thinks that the President of Google is smarter than its engineers.

the majority of Asians, can barely express themselves in public, dislike confrontations or ideological conflicts and have serious emotional problems.

in my school there was a very intelligent Korean boy, always quiet and with few friends, one day he dropped the material of a black student, and the boy began to intimidate him ..., the Korean never showed up again in school.

Last edited by YanMarcs; 12-24-2018 at 09:12 AM..

Old 12-24-2018, 09:07 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Hogg was NOT a victim. He was not even there.
Mr. Hogg was indeed there at the school during the shooting!

Quote:
One of the latest rumors β€” circulated in at least a dozen stories flagged as potentially false by Facebook users β€” claims that David Hogg, a senior named in previous false stories, was not actually at the high school during the shooting.

Those stories are indeed false.

The allegations are based on an out-of-context quote from Hogg. In a CBS News documentary, the 17-year-old said: β€œOn the day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and rode as fast as I could three miles from my house to the school to get as much video and to get as many interviews as I could because I knew that this could not be another mass shooting.”
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/da...land-shooting/

Old 12-24-2018, 09:12 AM

12,968 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Why do you car and why is it so personal to you. You all up his business and not paying one dime for his education. Why don't you ask the people at Harvard that question, I'm sure they have a good answer for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies