Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 07:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You don't stay in business and bank like Trump, if that were remotely true.
You sound envious and jealous.
What is out of business is the crooked Trump family`s piggy bank....the Trump Foundation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 08:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/22/p...ike/index.html

Any business man worth his salt who had dealt with interest rate and liquidity issues caused by various Fed chairmen and with Fed policies over the 50 years he has been in business...
Any man who has donated to politicians and pal-ed around with politicians over the years...
Any man claiming to be a Wharton business graduate...
Any man who has the gall to think he is competent to run for President (3 times all total)...
And finally--
Any man who IS POTUS and actually APPOINTS someone to be Fed chairman...

And does not know this is an appointment for a specific term and not a "fire-able" contestant...

Well, that man is just an idiot...

totally unconcerned with who he puts in one of the most powerful and unrestrained-from-his-influence posts,
Someone who orchestrates the American monetary system, the American dollar and thus its global influence, and has tremendous power to thwart a President's policies and objectives...

Johnson went through battles with McChesney but Johnson never asked anyone if he couldn't just 'fire him" to find someone more willing to kowtow to his wishes...

This whining about why he can't just fire Powell and install some lickspittal to smooth out fissures causing Trump problems with the economy and the market are markers of Trump's "business" attitude maybe--
If someone doesn't give the boss results that s/he like--when the boss is responsible for poor communication, and created part of the problems to start with--maybe the boss can fire that employee--
But it doesn't happen that way between the Fed Chairman and the President...

He certainly knew Kavanaugh was a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court--
He wanted him in there where he couldn't be prised out because he is viewed as a conservatist' wet dream
Lot of self-protection involved with that choice as well...
Powell was just another job slot he had to nominate someone to fill--and maybe he thought Powell would be grateful to get the nod that he would kiss the ring when asked...
Didn't spend lot of time analyzing the man--probably spent no time at all considering various situations that might occur and forecasting how Powell might respond--
Wonder how long the interview lasted if there was one face to face...

Kicking the door he stubs his toe on is an immature action by a child which you might excuse--
But acting like a child when faced with a situation HE is responsible for--that's pure Trump

Just another example of why he is an embarassment to himself and this country...

For not being smart, he can make you do back flips, on demand when he wants to expose you for who you really are.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:56 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
1--the only proof that Trump is a billionaire is Trump's statement
2--anyone could get elected to any position probably if they cheated and had the right kind of help
3--Dumb people can do anything if there is no rational oversight
4--you mean you reach an opinion based on false premise...

I don't like him either, but nope:

https://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#71de1ff52899
^^^^^ Title of the article...'The Definitive Net Worth of Donald Trump'

Clicking on any of the pictures results in a financial summary of that asset.

Re his Trump Tower Penthouse, they make it clear that city records indicate that he has exaggerated the size of the penthouse.

Their conclusion: an estimate of $3.1 billion.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Mulvaney himself said that Trump "now" understands he can't fire Powell...
Which means he did, indeed, think he had the power to fire him initially...

I don't care how smart Trump's uncle was
He isn't Trump
Trump could have been dropped on his head by a nanny when he was a baby--for all we know...

I think Trump's dad was pretty smart because he started all the tax evasion schemes that Trump just walked into after his dad died...
And Trump like any good grifter knows how to manipulate and charm
That doesn't mean he is intelligent
In fact people with 'native' intelligence are often very good at reading people if they can't read books

I imagine his IQ has dropped since he left Wharton
And I think based on what I notice comparing earlier interviews with Trump and later ones, he has a marked drop off in the ability to use a varied vocabulary and finish a sentence...
So likely dementia is making inroads
Or perhaps riding bareback led to other diseases...

LOL.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:18 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
As someone mentioned above, he's smart enough to move the lefties to put on a dog and pony show with regularity.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
You get an YUUUUUGE F for Reading Comprehension!

I wasn't questioning anything at all, let alone Buckeye's claim Trump actually is president - including Trump's grip on reality. Buckeye's "Covfefe, baby" remark means this: Trump is actually an incompetent president, and by implication expresses agreement with the OP. I built on that saying that Trump's own bizarre Covfefe tweet is further evidence of his shocking, shocking incompetence. Hell, even a 4th grader can figure out that much!

No, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I think you saw the meaning of my post, especially juxtaposed against the first two. You're simply trying to twist and distort my posts meaning. Put bluntly, you're being dishonest.

Trump claims that he needs only four hours of sleep a night. I wouldn't be surprised if that is a crock. If 'Covfefe' and other such mangled words in his Tweets aren't the result of dementia (or something related to that), I wouldn't be surprised if the cause is really sleep deprivation. If he is severely sleep deprived he, IMO, would have had some inkling re that about himself...and as such, should never have run for President.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Trump claims that he needs only four hours of sleep a night. I wouldn't be surprised if that is a crock. If 'Covfefe' and other such mangled words in his Tweets aren't the result of dementia (or something related to that), I wouldn't be surprised if the cause is really sleep deprivation. If he is severely sleep deprived he, IMO, would have had some inkling re that about himself...and as such, should never have run for President.
When all you have seen for decades is dollar signs when you wake up, it is hard to go to bed and when your eyes pop open, the dollar signs are the brightest.
Making money has a drive to it, unlike no other.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:27 PM

937 posts, read 927,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump has proven his idiocy for his entire adult life and likely when he was a kid as well, which is why his parents shipped him off to a military academy which he has likened to actually being in the military.
I went to the National Air and Space museum and rode in one of those flight simulators.

By Trump's logic, I'm a bonafide Golden Knight.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:05 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I don't like him either, but nope:

https://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#71de1ff52899
^^^^^ Title of the article...'The Definitive Net Worth of Donald Trump'

Clicking on any of the pictures results in a financial summary of that asset.

Re his Trump Tower Penthouse, they make it clear that city records indicate that he has exaggerated the size of the penthouse.

Their conclusion: an estimate of $3.1 billion.

Which later investigative reporting showed to be a lie. In fact tapes show Trump himself impersonating someone to create that lie.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/uncove...orbes-400-list

Their prior estimate was 200 million......IE less then half of what he inherited. And at the time they estimated far less.

edit to add-No one actually knows his true net worth currently. He has a ton of debt that is unknown, but suspected to be fairly large. If I had to guess, I'd guess a LOT less then 3 billion. But probably more then 1 billion.

Old 12-29-2018, 02:35 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Which later investigative reporting showed to be a lie. In fact tapes show Trump himself impersonating someone to create that lie.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/uncove...orbes-400-list

Their prior estimate was 200 million......IE less then half of what he inherited. And at the time they estimated far less.

edit to add-No one actually knows his true net worth currently. He has a ton of debt that is unknown, but suspected to be fairly large. If I had to guess, I'd guess a LOT less then 3 billion. But probably more then 1 billion.
Bragging so hard about being rich usually means they are afraid they aren'''t

Overcompensation drives Trump

Note all the hyperbole in his speech and references to himself...
He is manic in that regard

He is a mess psychologically for variety of reasons

For example
He claimed to be one of the best baseball players of his generation as a teen--in military school...
Totally untrue
Mediocre in reality
But in "his mind' he was the next Ted Williams who gave up baseball for the family business...

He is crazy--but the kind of crazy that is smart enough to look normal, play charismatic and sincere at times...
Anyone with that level of psychosis is really unmoored from reality---
He can "play" normalcy for bursts then the psychosis creeps in and BINGO, off to the races once more...
Sometimes big moments, sometimes small...like a Marx brothers skit...
He just has lot of willing accomplices to promote the agenda that his madness is really "method"
That it is by design vs impulsive reactions when they can't control, predict, or prevent it...

Anyone who watched him in the Oval Office with Schumer and Pelosi and heard him say he would "own" the shutdown knows he can be erratic, impulsive, and totally intractable...
And of course now he and all his acolytes are blaming the Dems---
When Trump was the one who had no plan, got frightened by Fox commentators about losing his base, decided in mid-stream that the GOP budget bill was bad for his image, and renigged---on his OwN PARTY'S designed bill...
That is not a president---that isn't even a good businessman--it is a child...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies