Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 08:31 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

OK--I am not for the wall
I believe in legal immigration
I think DACA kids need to be protected and allowed a path to citizenship
MOST of them are already Americans in their mindset--they have become Americanized--which is Stephen Miller's major gripe about allowing non-European immigrants entry...

LEGAL immigration policy allows for amnesty to be invoked and received by applicants
Trump's immigration policies/and his advisors like Miller and Gurka don't want ANY amnesty applicants from certain countries---
Their latest attempt to abrogate the legal immigration policies now --which are a matter of law and voted by Congress--pretty much prove that

So let's trade---

Let them MINE the southern border--
Lot cheaper than a wall
Easier to transform
Certainly a deterrent to those crossing illegally
Shows that Trump is tough on illegals and willing to protect the US from such a dangerous threat--

But allow amnesty applicants protected avenues to legal ports of entry and treat them with respect and honor their rights to RECEIVE amnesty--which they are not doing now...
Create protections for the DACA program and ensure a path to citizenship that is fair and timely

It's a win-win...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 08:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Remove the incentives.... Way less expensive.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:37 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Remove the incentives.... Way less expensive.
Yes end every immoral,illegal and unconstitutional welfare scheme (i.e.all of them)..oh and privatize the border.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:39 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
OK--I am not for the wall
I believe in legal immigration
I think DACA kids need to be protected and allowed a path to citizenship
MOST of them are already Americans in their mindset--they have become Americanized--which is Stephen Miller's major gripe about allowing non-European immigrants entry...

LEGAL immigration policy allows for amnesty to be invoked and received by applicants
Trump's immigration policies/and his advisors like Miller and Gurka don't want ANY amnesty applicants from certain countries---
Their latest attempt to abrogate the legal immigration policies now --which are a matter of law and voted by Congress--pretty much prove that

So let's trade---

Let them MINE the southern border--
Lot cheaper than a wall
Easier to transform
Certainly a deterrent to those crossing illegally
Shows that Trump is tough on illegals and willing to protect the US from such a dangerous threat--

But allow amnesty applicants protected avenues to legal ports of entry and treat them with respect and honor their rights to RECEIVE amnesty--which they are not doing now...
Create protections for the DACA program and ensure a path to citizenship that is fair and timely

It's a win-win...

Blowing up poor people and possibly animals who cross the border somehow doesn't seem like a Win-win.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:44 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Rather interesting that this comes up after I said in another thread that mine fields are cheaper than a wall.......but I said it as a counter to those who were saying that there must be cheaper ways than a wall to secure the border.

THERE SURE ARE........but be careful what you ask for for they are not pretty.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:52 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Littering our own country with outlawed weapons of war that are more likely to maim children than deter illegal immigration sounds like a win-win to me.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:06 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
When you say "mine" the border OP do you mean the type that blows up when stepped on or do you mean the type where precious metals and gems are removed from the ground?

It would really be terrible to blow people up but having a huge strip mine that runs the border might be a good deterrent to illegal crossing.

There is nothing wrong with LEGAL immigration but we can't have just anyone strolling across the border to take advantage of our generosity.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Littering our own country with outlawed weapons of war that are more likely to maim children than deter illegal immigration sounds like a win-win to me.
All people, even illegal aliens have all their god given rights once upon our soil. They don't have any right to our welfare state, created and reserved for citizens.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:25 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All people, even illegal aliens have all their god given rights once upon our soil. They don't have any right to our welfare state, created and reserved for citizens.
Those rights aren't god given. They are in accord the UN Refugee Convention, which the US has signed and honors...even under the current Administration.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Those rights aren't god given. They are in accord the UN Refugee Convention, which the US has signed and honors...even under the current Administration.
You get to meet God if you tread on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies