Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 08:27 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,076,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
More did not.

Trump does not want to be the President of anybody other than his base.

I do not think Trump ever considers those who did not vote for him.

MO, having only lived in only one congressional district won by a person I voted for, it is common. I did vote for Ted Poe. With the exception of Ted Poe, most congressmen don't give a damn about their constituents who voted for the others.

IMO, that's the real problem we are having in DC. The gerrymandering allows the elected to choose their voters instead of the other way around.

Do not re elect anybody.

Yes because the Dems are doing a great job of showing they want unity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2018, 08:27 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Roughly 60 million voited for him.
......and roughly 63 million voted against him.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
......and roughly 63 million voted against him.

And that matters what? Both candidates knew going in what kind of election this was

Old 12-25-2018, 08:33 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And that matters what? Both candidates knew going in what kind of election this was
.....if by that you mean fix by putin ,yeah.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:50 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
I live in IL. There is no such thing as a chicago republican
My uncle ran for congress as a Chicago Republican. I remember it well. Nixon was president.

Chicago Republicans do exist, but not in numbers sufficient to turn an election in most wards there anymore. Chicago is the home of several major corporations, and has an abundance of professionals living in expensive high rises near the lake. There are definitely Republicans in Chicago.

I recall when the Republicans were strongest in the northwest side neighborhoods, not as much now. In my lifetime I saw the Republicans exploit racism to try to get elected, with the changing neighborhoods and rallies and fights in the parks. I remember that my uncle spoke at a rally where the local whites were trying to get the boundary of a high school changed to keep the black kids out. He tried to keep a higher tone to the event but not everyone did the same. It was nakedly obvious what they were doing.

There is always some wedge issue Republicans can try to exploit to split the vote and grow the party, racism is just one in the kitbag. Republican consultants are always working up new ones.

"Epton for mayor... Before it's too late"

Old 12-25-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon55 View Post
Republicans never accepted Obama as an legitimate president so why should the Dems accept Trump? Especially since there is strong evidence out there he colluded with a foreign advisory to win.

What evidence would that be?

Old 12-25-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
.....if by that you mean fix by putin ,yeah.

Then there is no reason Huley shouldn’t run again. Since next time she will be prepared for the Russians

Old 12-25-2018, 09:22 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
Republicans never accepted Obama as an legitimate president so why should the Dems accept Trump? Especially since there is strong evidence out there he colluded with a foreign advisory to win.
A major difference is the Republicans de-legitimized Obama based upon lies. A hoax Trump and others played upon their own supporters. There are still posters here who believe Obama was born in Kenya, as if having an American citizen birth mother counts for nothing.

A neighbor of mine was ranting about it in 2015. I told him Ted Cruz was born in Canada. He was shocked and wouldn't believe it. I asked why, if where Obama was born was so important to them, why wasn't it mentioned on Rush or Glenn that Cruz had a similar issue? ... this destroyed the narrative he had been fed by his 'handlers', but he became a Trumplodyte in the end nonetheless.

Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Luke 6:37

The simple fact is Trump does not merit special treatment. He exploited that hoax he himself perpetrated for years against Obama. The legal jeopardy Trump has put himself in is no hoax, he needs to have his feet held to the fire for what he did.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:01 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,728,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I have little to no interest in what any leftist has to say. They are mentally deranged liars that will say or do anything to get what they want.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:36 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,588,801 times
I doint consider Deans opinion legitimate...see how that works?

Quote:
For a moment there I thought you were describing Trump.

TDS is real on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies