Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 10:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
How many people will not donate to the Go Fund Me wall simply because they are afraid of "tolerant liberals" ruining their careers and lives if it gets out that they did donate to a wall?
How many people won't donate to the wall because the owner of the Go Fund Me account has a history of doing this AND there has been no demonstrated way of transferring that money to the federal government?

That is what you should be thinking about instead of worrying that someone won't like you.

Old 12-25-2018, 12:00 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How many people won't donate to the wall because the owner of the Go Fund Me account has a history of doing this AND there has been no demonstrated way of transferring that money to the federal government?

That is what you should be thinking about instead of worrying that someone won't like you.
You don't think it is a legit concern?

Remember that software guy in California who donated money around 2006 to stop gay marriage - the majority of California agreed with him in 2006 - including both Hillary and Obama...and yet they ruined his life almost a decade later based on donating money with no further evidence on his position.

There are plenty of "tolerant liberals" who would love to get someone fired for supporting a wall.

I think you are being naïve if you don't think that is true.

Old 12-25-2018, 12:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
You don't think it is a legit concern?

Remember that software guy in California who donated money around 2006 to stop gay marriage - the majority of California agreed with him in 2006 - including both Hillary and Obama...and yet they ruined his life almost a decade later based on donating money with no further evidence on his position.

There are plenty of "tolerant liberals" who would love to get someone fired for supporting a wall.

I think you are being naïve if you don't think that is true.
No, I do not recall what happened in 2006. This is 2018.

But some things never change. There's a sucker born every minute.

Old 12-25-2018, 01:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
John Kerry called his fellow soldiers Genghis (he of course pronounced it Jen-jis) Khan wannabes in front of a congressional hearing. All of 'em!

Didja have a problem with that?
Not sure - the question is whether they were or not.....

I have enough peers who were in Vietnam to know it wasn't all about gung-ho. Fragging was very real and at one point the expected life of a 2nd Lt. was quite short.

"The average life expectancy of a Marine Corps lieutenant in Vietnam was two months. In this lethal environment, soldiers died in predictable and unpredictable ways. Officers were "fragged" by their own. "

My friends have told some stories...but I think many of them went to their graves with most of them...

Do you have some inside information about the activities of troops in Vietnam that you wanted to share? And how does that bear on this subject?

My take is that you are pushing the "thin blue (or red) line" angle, where you believe that even the most evil of crimes or inhumanities are never to be told outside the band of brothers....

That may be a good subject for another thread. Maybe book length.

Old 12-25-2018, 01:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
How many people will not donate to the Go Fund Me wall simply because they are afraid of "tolerant liberals" ruining their careers and lives if it gets out that they did donate to a wall?
Zero, IMHO.

But the other way around is definitely on parade...that is, it's a nice cheap way of showing that a million or two Americans may REALLY want a deity (the Wall).

I'm trying to figure out how I can cash in on this craze. Maybe a talking Trump doll with a Wall? I think China is going to beat me to it, tho!

Dang, there are already wall games
https://www.amazon.com/Trump-Preside.../dp/B07BY7RFTH

"I will build a GREAT WALL on our entire Southern Border and I will have Mexico pay for it - MARK MY WORDS".....hmm, nothing in there about the Forgotten Man or Deplorables forking over their beer money.

Old 12-25-2018, 02:23 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No, I do not recall what happened in 2006. This is 2018.

But some things never change. There's a sucker born every minute.
In 2008 he donated to a group planning to oppose gay marriage in the state wide California vote. Liberal California rejected gay marriage in the vote. At this time until 2012 Obama and Hillary both publicly opposed gay marriage.

In 2014 tolerant liberals hacked the donation list, outed him as a donor, and demanded he be fired or boycotted.

Yes some things haven't changed. Tolerance and support for diversity of viewpoints isn't a trait of the left.

They ruined this guys career and all the evidence they had was one donation when the majority of California agreed with him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile....A321Y320140403

And I have supported gay marriage since the 1990s.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:44 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Okay, so I think your first clue should have been that "I didn't find this topic elsewhere. Second you should have researched the gateway pundit. You would have found that it's as credible as the Enquirer. Third you need to recognize fake news because falling for this garbage time and time again makes American's look like idiots.

Old 12-26-2018, 12:16 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You're saying that while cheering children being separated from their families, with no process in pave for reuniting them?

We're housing 1000s of kids in black sites across the country, under the supervision of MIC contractors.

Kids have been sexually assaulted by staff at these facilities.

Kids have died from pneumonia, dehydration, and other preventable sickness under the care of these third parties.

You have the nerve to talk about hatefulness aveincivility while you ignore the death, abuse, and suffering of children? That's what's supposed to MAGA?
Well if true a wall would prevent all that from happening, families would be kept together on the Mexican side, no one to lock up because they stayed on the Mexican side.

You could say the wall in that case is also in the best interests of those trying to cross over.

I keep reading here how democrats and liberals say they don't support illegal immigration but they go on to say otherwise later like those people saying things in that article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies