Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 09:25 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Congress has to approve the allocation of funds and their disbursement. Nothing new always been true .There are authorizations to allow some agencies to move money between accounts but nothing that would allow billion dollar movements.
You don't know any of that. How do you know how the loans are structured? How do you know they can't be sold like any other mortage-backed security? Let me guess: you don't want any border barrier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 09:27 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
For the idiots who don’t think walls work, please let these other countries know they are wasting money.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_barrier

I mean Israel is a prime example of a border wall having massive success. The lie that leftists continue to repeat on this issue is intentional and aimed at misleading those ignorant on the issus.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:29 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
For the idiots who don’t think walls work, please let these other countries know they are wasting money.

Idiots are the ones who believed Trump when he said Mexico would pay for it. Sorry, not paying for it when our country desperately needs repairs on infrastructure among other things.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:30 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:

I don't think anyone seriously says walls don't work. But Mexico was going to pay for this wall. Unless you are willing to admit that Trump and all Trump supporters like yourself are liars, then we are going to hold you guys to this chant.

Of course you can get out of this lie by making up another lie that no one ever said Mexico will pay for the wall. Go ahead. Don't let me stop you from lying some more.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am one among millions who don't want my tax dollars going towards a wall which will make no difference. Trump is the one who is lying. You do remember he campaigned on Mexico paying for it. And now he shuts down government because democrats and many republicans are looking out for us and don't want to fund it. Trump just screwed himself because he won't win. We need a president who leads, not a president who listens to conservative talking heads guiding him. This is just insane.
I would take this to the end. Republicans need to win this shutdown battle once. They have never lasted long enough to find out. If Congress has the right not appropriate funds, the president is just as much within his rights not to sign it. Why is it just on Trump to come around?

Old 12-24-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I don't think anyone seriously says walls don't work. But Mexico was going to pay for this wall. Unless you are willing to admit that Trump and all Trump supporters like yourself are liars, then we are going to hold you guys to this chant.

Of course you can get out of this lie by making up another lie that no one ever said Mexico will pay for the wall. Go ahead. Don't let me stop you from lying some more.
So that's all you have? Mexico pays for it? Let's say they did, would you be for the wall? Gimme a break. You wouldn't want it if it came free. You have the blue jersey on and that's that.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:34 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I would take this to the end. Republicans need to win this shutdown battle once. They have never lasted long enough to find out. If Congress has the right not appropriate funds, the president is just as much within his rights not to sign it. Why is it just on Trump to come around?
It's on Trump because he said Mexico would pay for it. If he campaigned on the wall being built with our taxes he would not have been elected.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:36 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Trump owns this shutdown. Here's a video. From the horse's mouth starting at 1:33.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:38 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Remember when Sarah Sanders said trump had a plan to build the wall without congressional approval just a few days before shutting down the government because he wants border wall funding?
Maybe Trump was shorting the market to make money for the Border Wall...

Old 12-24-2018, 09:40 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:

Sure you would take "it" to the end...ride it into the ground.....have a hissy fit as mom used to call tantrums

So productive......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies