Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 03:41 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times

Advertisements

Hate is a strong word that I don't use on at least 95 percent of people. Frankly, I don't even pay attention to him much anymore. He is tired...the news around him is tired but I definitely do not care for him.
I hate religion though (well Christianity anyway as that is what I am most familiar with) yes for good reason. I have admired people who are Christian and that is part of the problem. The decent people who are Christian get attacked. There's few groups I know that attack someone on their own side and that really bothers me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And were you so concerned about it during the Obama years?

And no, Trump doesn't deserve respect. His disrespects the Office, he disrespects his opposition, he disrespects our allies. About the only thing he does is spew toxic garbage on Twitter. He acts more like ehat I'd expect from an inebriated hillbilly than the President of the United States. You want to get respect, start by earning it and giving respect.

I agree. Respect is earned not given. I respect that he is a person so I wouldn't wish death or serious physical harm but beyond that he isn't worth anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
The left revels in this hate. They thrive on it. They see nothing wrong with harboring such hate. Very strange. This sort of hate is exactly what the Devil subsists on and approves of. Dark and unhealthy on a spiritual level.
Cool and yes he probably does approve of it because he's tired of being associated with such a stupid man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Like the resentment against the "illegal aliens" that come here to "steal" our jobs. Where was the compassion, and "God" when people seeking a better life were making their way towards the border?
Whether that's true or not they should be mad at employers and they act like the "illegal aliens" would be the only perpetrators here. Being mad at the aliens is their perogative though but the thing that really gets me is that they have had the audacity to tell me illegal aliens are stealing jobs from me. They are doing the jobs that no one else wants to do..at least here anyway. The jobs that I apply for/desire are filled by often inauthentic/incompetent people. I'm not saying that it will not happen in the future because there are bad people no matter where you come from but an "illegal" has never once did me wrong. It's always been someone from America. The people from other countries have minded their own business and are just trying to make a life for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
They really can't help themselves. American liberals largely tend to be self-loathing, hate-filled people that don't want to see others happy or prosperous. They want to make everyone as miserable as they, themselves are. What is really...both sad and disgusting is the extent that they project their personal feelings on others. If you really want to understand a liberal-simply look at what they accuse others of. Racism? Check. Bigotry? Check. Hating and bitterness? Check. They tend to wrap their bitterness and self loathing in a cloak of moral superiority to make themselves feel a little better about themselves and justify their hatred of others.

It is true what they say-liberalism is a mental disorder.

You could always be the other extreme. I'm so self-loathing that I have a history of putting others happiness before my own. So many years I didn't know what it was to do things for myself at least not on a significant level and even when I tried to do things for myself I'd often feel bad. For instance I'd think about applying for a certain job but when I saw I didn't fit the work history that the job called for even when it doesn't say required but just preferred I'd bypass it.

So it balances out I don't want to see bad/undeserving people prosperous if it means that I can't be as that's me actually thinking of myself. If you're talking about Trump the irony is while he is prosperous he's not even happy. He should do himself a favor and quit because he has taken his success for granted. I mean he said it himself he misses his own life.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:31 PM

662 posts, read 313,021 times
The right is full of hate, usually displayed as self righteous indignation over something they don't like about people who aren't like them.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:32 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Where does such hate come from? This sort of hate seems demonic...and emanating from the pits of hell. This is no laughing matter. This hate is serious. I thought liberals where supposed to be somewhat compassionate and open minded. They hate Trump, veterans, white people, Christedom and etc. I know Trump is a little rough around the edges and eccentric... But he is still our president and deserves respect. I mean liberal news outlets like MSNBC and CNN literally spend 24 hours bashing Trump. That's the only news they provide. Period. It's sickening. The hate is not emanating from the right it's coming solely from the left. God bless Trump and I wish him all the success in the world.
Something truly unhinged and unholy about Ocasia Cortez.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:35 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Where does such hate come from? This sort of hate seems demonic...and emanating from the pits of hell. This is no laughing matter. This hate is serious. I thought liberals where supposed to be somewhat compassionate and open minded. They hate Trump, veterans, white people, Christedom and etc. I know Trump is a little rough around the edges and eccentric... But he is still our president and deserves respect. I mean liberal news outlets like MSNBC and CNN literally spend 24 hours bashing Trump. That's the only news they provide. Period. It's sickening. The hate is not emanating from the right it's coming solely from the left. God bless Trump and I wish him all the success in the world.
Hate in all it's forms comes from the isolation and ignorance of understanding the person you hate. Most former members of hate groups change their ways once they're introduced to the people they hate. The find out that the object of their hatred is a human and is basically just the same as they are. Once you start to humanize that person, it's much harder to hold on to the hatred you have for them.

Ignorance begets hatred.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:54 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
We wouldn't have invented the internet if we knew people like the OP were going to post thread titles like that.

A lot of people here....or at least a loud few...seem to use it as their own mud and hate slinging forum...which is not only not a nice thing to do, but serves absolutely no purpose other than to reflect on the lack of maturity of the writer.

No decent or mature person would write such dribble. I can only guess that some particular people are trying hard to emulate a certain Reality TV Actor.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:41 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Bless your heart.

The left cannot defend their positions on the issues because most of what they advocated for in the 1960s became the failed policies of the 1970s.

For them, it's no longer a matter of being right or wrong; they already know they're wrong.

Their arguments are subjective and their objections are personal.

So when Trump agrees with and supports positions held by Democrats when Obama was president, they are still free to claim he is a hateful monster without providing any sort of reasonable explanation as to why they feel that way.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:12 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
It boggles my mind that the GOP has become the party of fiscal irresponsibility while the Democrats now favor permanent war in the Middle East. We are all truly recognizing the enemy in the mirror.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:15 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
The right is full of hate, usually displayed as self righteous indignation over something they don't like about people who aren't like them.
Oh? Care to provide some proof of your heroic declaration? One of my favorite quotes of all time:

"Conservatives hate what people do, Liberals hate who people are..."

Let that sink in

Old 01-01-2019, 10:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Oh? Care to provide some proof of your heroic declaration? One of my favorite quotes of all time:

"Conservatives hate what people do, Liberals hate who people are..."

Let that sink in
It's not sinking in at all due to the unbelievable hypocrisy of what were formerly called "conservatives". Isn't "judge not" one of those scripture things?

All you need to do is look at the title of this thread and many others....and you will see that your statement is incorrect.

Old 01-01-2019, 10:23 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:

Is this an attempt at rebranding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies