Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 09:37 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Does anybody know what happened to the middle class tax cut Trump promised before the midterms?
Serious question, OP -

Did you actually believe this? I rolled my eyes when I heard him say it. Said to myself "there he goes lying again."

Stop, just stop believing anything he says. He's a serial, compulsive, habitual liar who has zero credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2018, 09:44 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Serious question, OP -

Did you actually believe this? I rolled my eyes when I heard him say it. Said to myself "there he goes lying again."

Stop, just stop believing anything he says. He's a serial, compulsive, habitual liar who has zero credibility.
Yet no explanation from you. Just typical parroting of rhetoric.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:47 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
Went the way of Mexico paying for wall, jailing Hillary, getting rid of affordable healthcare, bring jobs back from China, promising everything but the sun.

Y’all been conned by a hack.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Went the way of Mexico paying for wall, jailing Hillary, getting rid of affordable healthcare, bring jobs back from China, promising everything but the sun.

Y’all been conned by a hack.
LOL, yea, obviously you'd prefer to go back to Mr Hope & Change who needed the fed to keep interest rates down to prop his economy up.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:49 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, yea, obviously you'd prefer to go back to Mr Hope & Change who needed the fed to keep interest rates down to prop his economy up.
Yeah. Obviously most people would.

Trump chose his own Fed Chairman instead of sticking with Yellen as he should have. BUT, she was a female and short so she had to go.

I happen to agree with Trump that the last interest rate increase was a very poor decision. But Trump literally goaded the Fed into it with his constant tweets DEMANDING that they not. So of course, the Fed then has to prove they are an independent agency by raising rates.

Perhaps he should just stop tweeting for a while.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Does anybody know what happened to the middle class tax cut Trump promised before the midterms? At Least he's admitted that first tax cut was not a middle class tax cut after all. https://www.investors.com/politics/e...rats-rhetoric/
I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago.

Trump said it would happen before the mid terms. When media reminded him Congress would be out of session till after the mid terms he pivoted to “ shortly after the midterms and his proposal would be available before the mid terms.

Obviously another lie to get media attention.

If media makes an inquiry, I suspect he will deny having said it and blame Fake Nees, despite evidence to the contrary.

What a guy.

Old 12-25-2018, 12:16 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah. Obviously most people would.

Trump chose his own Fed Chairman instead of sticking with Yellen as he should have. BUT, she was a female and short so she had to go.

I happen to agree with Trump that the last interest rate increase was a very poor decision. But Trump literally goaded the Fed into it with his constant tweets DEMANDING that they not. So of course, the Fed then has to prove they are an independent agency by raising rates.

Perhaps he should just stop tweeting for a while.
You are correct. If Trump would stop appointing people based on looks he would’ve had a fed chair who would’ve kept rates low. But no, Yellen wasn’t attractive enough for him. I’m glad the FED is raising rates because if we hit turbulence there will be tools that can assist. The fed has to stop QE at some time so it was bound to happen.

Old 12-25-2018, 03:07 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Why would anyone support more debt and deficit?

Sounds like Trump is playing the "ten Santa Clauses" theory.....telling anyone and everyone he will give them free stuff if they "like" him.

Are Americans really that clueless?

Old 12-25-2018, 03:29 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Why would anyone support more debt and deficit?

Sounds like Trump is playing the "ten Santa Clauses" theory.....telling anyone and everyone he will give them free stuff if they "like" him.

Are Americans really that clueless?
Well, we figure since Obama added more to the deficit than every President before him combined, what difference, at this point, does it make?

Are you saying Democrat spending good, Republican spending bad? That's what it sounds like to me. I didnt hear you complaining about Obama's reckless spending on things like Solyndra, and the failed Obamacare web site that cost us $200,000,000+.

The Dems spend Trillions to buy votes from everyone, and then expect the Republicans to take it all away and lose votes? Sorry, we figured that one out. Now its our turn to blow Trillions and buy some votes of our own. "Elections have consequences John, it your turn to take a seat in the back of the bus."

Old 12-25-2018, 03:41 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,891,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Well, we figure since Obama added more to the deficit than every President before him combined, what difference, at this point, does it make?

Are you saying Democrat spending good, Republican spending bad? That's what it sounds like to me. I didnt hear you complaining about Obama's reckless spending on things like Solyndra, and the failed Obamacare web site that cost us $200,000,000+.

The Dems spend Trillions to buy votes from everyone, and then expect the Republicans to take it all away and lose votes? Sorry, we figured that one out. Now its our turn to blow Trillions and buy some votes of our own. "Elections have consequences John, it your turn to take a seat in the back of the bus."
Again one word RECESSION, being in a recession is like a two parent household where one parents loses their job. In this situation the bills still have to be paid the solution DEBT you go into debt to get out of a grim situation. What doesn't make sense is when the economy is booming along then cut taxes, raise spending, and go into more debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies