Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 08:51 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Oh but you did whether it was intended or not You used the word non-essential which means not absolutely necessary. However for government shutdowns, this term was changed some years back to "excepted" and "non-excepted" as per several posters, even if the term essential and non-essential are still more widely used. I can give you the pass but the problem is other "simple guy" posters have used that meme this past week like the NPC meme was a while back. You should also know that the non-essential employees is actually up to supervisors most times and they often furlough all but a two others and themselves during shutdowns. This was confirmed not just by my mother but another poster in one of the many aforementioned threads.

I do but that is besides the point I was making.
Firstly my use of those specific functions were to debunk the idea that the non-excepted workers do non-essential work. I can't say for most other government jobs other than military inspectors but I imagine most aren't digging up holes just to fill them back in like many suggesting the non-essential employees shouldn't get a job back. I have seen that enough from the other "simple man" posters.
Secondly I am against the troop removal in Syria since Russia is involved. Trump continues to have his blind spot in regards to Russia and many in the intelligence community believe Russia wants to destabilize Syria much like it has in other nations in the past decade.

non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential, non-essential

Old 12-26-2018, 09:44 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Oh but you did whether it was intended or not You used the word non-essential which means not absolutely necessary. However for government shutdowns, this term was changed some years back to "excepted" and "non-excepted" as per several posters, even if the term essential and non-essential are still more widely used. I can give you the pass but the problem is other "simple guy" posters have used that meme this past week like the NPC meme was a while back. You should also know that the non-essential employees is actually up to supervisors most times and they often furlough all but a two others and themselves during shutdowns. This was confirmed not just by my mother but another poster in one of the many aforementioned threads.

I do but that is besides the point I was making.
Firstly my use of those specific functions were to debunk the idea that the non-excepted workers do non-essential work. I can't say for most other government jobs other than military inspectors but I imagine most aren't digging up holes just to fill them back in like many suggesting the non-essential employees shouldn't get a job back. I have seen that enough from the other "simple man" posters.
Secondly I am against the troop removal in Syria since Russia is involved. Trump continues to have his blind spot in regards to Russia and many in the intelligence community believe Russia wants to destabilize Syria much like it has in other nations in the past decade.
While that may be true, there was a distinct element of “appeal to emotions” in your hypothetical examples of explaining to mothers why their sons might be dead because of a government shutdown. It’s a typical tactic of the left these days ... like Trump ripping children from their mothers arms at the border. I, on the other hand wanted to plant the seed for thought about the less hypothetical and more hypocritical position of criticizing the President for his decision to prevent those sons from bullet wounds and death, by removing them from hostile combat environments that they are currently facing. That’s real, not hypothetical saving of our young men and women’s lives.

As for the value of the federal workforce, be they considered essential, non-essential, excepted, non-excepted, pick a label ... I can tell you straight away, as a Federal Contractor for over 16 years in Washington D.C., you could eliminate 50% (not the 25% currently down) and it wouldn’t impact the lives of average Joe America one iota! The Billions wasted each year could build a freaking wall on the Southern AND Northern borders, as well as sea walls on the east and west coasts, with money left over.

Frankly, this is especially true of those stuffed suits on Capital Hill ... we as a nation would be better off if those clowns were limited to a month or two each year, since they do little other than bloviate endlessly, and create more and more unnecessary laws and regulations.

As for your final point .... your world is totally upside down. Where in God’s creation did you come up with this nonsense about Russia wanting to destabilize Syria? They are freaking allies. Russia has been defending Syria from the US BACKED rebels attempting to take over Syria (rebels=ISIS) While the media was feeding the American knuckle dragging public this BS about fighting ISIS, it was Russia blowing those bastards to kingdom come. Did Russia destabilize and destroy IRAQ? How about Libya? Is Russia destabilizing Yemen? Was Russia the instigator of the Arab Spring that destabilized the government of Egypt?

Read a god damned book, and turn off the TV ... PLEASE!!

And, don’t take my word for anything .... but do listen to General Wesley Clarke:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gTbg11pCwOc

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 12-26-2018 at 10:06 PM..

Old 12-26-2018, 09:50 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Time to invoke the 25th Amendment to the US Constitution.

Where are all the strict constitutionalist now?

"The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President."

LINK
And we revisit this ridiculous subject again.

How many liberal wet dreams has Trump crushed?

Old 12-26-2018, 09:52 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
The government is partially shut down but Mueller is still working. Mueller is the true patriot.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:58 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You may assume “we” to represent those not suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome. The most compelling signs of not suffering such an affliction can be found in recognizing the blatant and transparent fraud of leftist conspirators, and their endless efforts to defeat Trump before the election, and the ongoing effort to remove him from office thereafter.

Another clear identifier of “we” are those who recognize and call out the criminals engaged in this subversion of our Republic, as the anti-American traitors they surely are.
You blather on for two paragraphs to basically admit the "we" is you and your fellow Trump supporters. I'll take that for what it's worth.

You claimed you had "rock hard, documented evidence" of all of these things, yet offer no actual proof of any of it. If you could produce it without all the pompous blather, that would be nice.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:20 PM

18,081 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Trump was overheard commenting to Obama, at their first WH meeting after the election, "I had no idea what all the president is responsible for."

The guy wanted the most important job one can attain in government and he didn't know the scope of that job. Along with zero governmental experience and no related educational knowledge, he never asked, he never did any research, he just ASSumed.

Another thing he didn't know: he had no idea a staff would have to be selected and that it was up to him to make that happen, along with whoever he chose as his Chief of Staff and that each incoming president staffs up the various positions in the West Wing. He just thought staff magically appears, provided by the previous president.

It's not a surprise his "best candidates ever" put into key positions on his cabinet have left through an ever-revolving door and called him various things: a moron, unhinged, clueless.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:26 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
I think this point requires a bit of history class for you, and I suspect many others:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjXbuj7BPI

Friend, it is you with the blind spot ... Trump knows exactly what is going on, which is why he claimed Obama was the creator of ISIS.

That was a poor choice of words on Trump’s part ... a more accurate statement would have Obama the primary “enabler”, not creator, of ISIS.

ISIS, formerly known as Al Qaeda was actually created by the CIA and ISI (Pakistani CIA) to fight Russia in Afghanistan. So, you see, these Islamic Terrorists are proxy mercenary fighting forces, funded by the United States, through US allies like Saudi Arabia and others. The murder of our Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi is directly associated with back channel funding and supplying of ISIS ... and likely why Secretary Clinton ordered a stand down when that facility came under attack. Dead men tell no tales. And Stevens was the liaison to the Terrorists.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 12-26-2018 at 10:38 PM..

Old 12-26-2018, 10:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:

"The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President."

LINK
1. Where are all the strict constitutionalist now?...well since the 25thA is not part of the original constitution, what would a STRICT constitutionalist even be around to argue you idiotic post

2. where is he incapable/unable to do his job???

3. where were you when obozo shutdown the whole government???

Old 12-26-2018, 10:28 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:

LINK

LOL...time for the babypants commies to stop whining for once in their lives , In short, nevah gonna happen on both counts.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:32 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He doesn’t understand basic details of his job and it’s responsibilities, nor does he appear to want to learn. .
and you think the community organizer, who never had a real job did???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies