Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 10:45 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You blather on for two paragraphs to basically admit the "we" is you and your fellow Trump supporters. I'll take that for what it's worth.

You claimed you had "rock hard, documented evidence" of all of these things, yet offer no actual proof of any of it.
The proof has been presented in this forum 1000 times. You've ignored it. I'm not going to waste my time presenting a case to someone arguing in bad faith.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:47 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The proof has been presented in this forum 1000 times. You've ignored it.
I never saw proof, I saw a lot of blather about proof.

If any of you had any actual evidence, you'd post it.

You got nothing.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
While that may be true, there was a distinct element of “appeal to emotions” in your hypothetical examples of explaining to mothers why their sons might be dead because of a government shutdown. It’s a typical tactic of the left these days ... like Trump ripping children from their mothers arms at the border. I, on the other hand wanted to plant the seed for thought about the less hypothetical and more hypocritical position of criticizing the President for his decision to prevent those sons from bullet wounds and death, by removing them from hostile combat environments that they are currently facing. That’s real, not hypothetical saving of our young men and women’s lives.

As for your final point .... your world is totally upside down. Where in God’s creation did you come up with this nonsense about Russia wanting to destabilize Syria? They are freaking allies. Russia has been defending Syria from the US BACKED rebels attempting to take over Syria (rebels=ISIS) While the media was feeding the American knuckle dragging public this BS about fighting ISIS, it was Russia blowing those bastards to kingdom come. Did Russia destabilize and destroy IRAQ? How about Libya? Is Russia destabilizing Yemen? Was Russia the instigator of the Arab Spring that destabilized the government of Egypt?

Read a god damned book, and turn off the TV ... PLEASE!!

And, don’t take my word for anything .... but do listen to General Wesley Clarke:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gTbg11pCwOc
Judging by your ad hom attacks, you do not really have a whole lot left of an argument. Russia is rather known for de-stablizing regions and wanting to return to its Soviet past, especially under this Putin regime. As we have seen from his lack of wanting to use Obama sanctions on Russia, the lack of response to Russian poisonings and the whole Helsinki debacle, Trump has a blind-spot for Russia. He is pulling us out of Syria to allow Syria to return where they were at the begining of the decade. Russia has been helping the Syrian army since 2015, along with Iran and Hezbollah
As for the whole ISIS are the rebels, no. They are PART of the groups of rebels. The Syrian rebels are several different groups which does include ISIS/ISIL but it is factually incorrect to call the rebels ISIS/ISIL like you did. Also the US entered in 2014 to not help ISIS/ISIL but rather help fight against ISIS/ISIL despite supporting any other rebel group.
So judging by your stance, you actually want ISIS/ISIL continue AND Russia to expand their sphere of influence. It shouldn't surprise me since another post showed (the one JAMS quoted) that you are a Trump supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
As for the value of the federal workforce, be they considered essential, non-essential, excepted, non-excepted, pick a label ... I can tell you straight away, as a Federal Contractor for over 16 years in Washington D.C., you could eliminate 50% (not the 25% currently down) and it wouldn’t impact the lives of average Joe America one iota! The Billions wasted each year could build a freaking wall on the Southern AND Northern borders, as well as sea walls on the east and west coasts, with money left over.

Frankly, this is especially true of those stuffed suits on Capital Hill ... we as a nation would be better off if those clowns were limited to a month or two each year, since they do little other than bloviate endlessly, and create more and more unnecessary laws and regulations.
To reply to a comment from the initial part of the quoted text, I did appeal to emotion because I don't think many Americans hate troops.

Now to tie back to the post you quoted, you proved yourself to be exactly the type of poster I was replying about rather than just a "simple guy". I tried giving you the benefit of the doubt rather than going with my gut but you what I thought you were. You maybe a federal contractor, but I do think that the impact of 25% of the government workforce, let alone the 50% number you say could be eliminated will effect the economy. It is the slippery slope. I have heard about 2 million federal government workers and half would be 1 million. This is one roughly 11% of the 8.7 million jobs lost during the last recession. But that would likely cause more private sector job losses because of trickle-down theory of less economic players and families with far less disposable income. Often with a sizable job loss, it will effect other companies and industries as well and isn't in a vacuum like you think. I also say this because I do not see the private sector creating 1 million jobs to offset the elimination you mention.

As for the wall costs, hah. At an average wage/salary of 50K, I'd say That MIGHT make the 5 billion Trump wants in his budget, BUT doesn't and won't cover land costs and potential lawsuits over imminent domain of private land owners who do not want to sell their land for the wall. It wouldn't cover the hyperbole of the Canadian border and Sea walls either. You are just wrong again.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:59 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and you think the community organizer, who never had a real job did???
YES

You don't call being a senator and professor of Constitutional Law a real job?

No, a reality star and corrupt businessman is the guy for you???????

Old 12-27-2018, 06:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
YES

No, a reality star and corrupt businessman is the guy for you???????
No, a freshman senator who never voted except present, and those that can’t practice their trade teach.

Old 12-27-2018, 07:07 AM

18,014 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Time to invoke the 25th Amendment to the US Constitution.

Where are all the strict constitutionalist now?

"The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President."

LINK
Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Old 12-27-2018, 07:28 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The proof has been presented in this forum 1000 times. You've ignored it. I'm not going to waste my time presenting a case to someone arguing in bad faith.
I missed it, could you repost, with citations?

Or you could simply link to another post which has the information.

Thanks

Old 12-27-2018, 05:29 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
YES

no, he was what a senator for 45 days

Old 12-27-2018, 06:15 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Time to invoke the 25th Amendment to the US Constitution.

Where are all the strict constitutionalist now?

"The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President."

LINK

Democrats have been saying in congress that he is unfit for office almost since day one. If they think they will succeed go for it. We will see where the chips fall.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:19 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Judging by your ad hom attacks, you do not really have a whole lot left of an argument. Russia is rather known for de-stablizing regions and wanting to return to its Soviet past, especially under this Putin regime. As we have seen from his lack of wanting to use Obama sanctions on Russia, the lack of response to Russian poisonings and the whole Helsinki debacle, Trump has a blind-spot for Russia. He is pulling us out of Syria to allow Syria to return where they were at the begining of the decade. Russia has been helping the Syrian army since 2015, along with Iran and Hezbollah
As for the whole ISIS are the rebels, no. They are PART of the groups of rebels. The Syrian rebels are several different groups which does include ISIS/ISIL but it is factually incorrect to call the rebels ISIS/ISIL like you did. Also the US entered in 2014 to not help ISIS/ISIL but rather help fight against ISIS/ISIL despite supporting any other rebel group.
So judging by your stance, you actually want ISIS/ISIL continue AND Russia to expand their sphere of influence. It shouldn't surprise me since another post showed (the one JAMS quoted) that you are a Trump supporter.

Trump has been tougher on Russia in 2 years than Obama in 8 years. Obama kicked 35 Russian diplomats out of the country after suspected election meddling by Russia, but only after Trump won the 2016 election. It is questionable whether he would have done so had Hillary succeeded in being the victor.

Trump in 2 years against Russia:

1. Bombing Syria, Russia's main client, and generally unleashing the U.S. military in Syria, including against Russians when necessary.
  2. Arming Ukraine.
  3. Browbeating NATO allies to increase defense spending.
  4. Adding low-yield nukes to our arsenal.
  5. Starting research and development on an INF noncompliant missile.
  6. Shutting Russia's San Francisco consulate.

now compare that to Obama's record on Russia for 8 years and telling Russia in 2012 "that he’ll have more flexibility after the election" doesn't count as being tough on Putin.

60% of the rebels that Obama supported to take down Syrian's government are extremist jihadists. We are fighting both sides in the quagmire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies