Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 06:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Time to invoke the 25th Amendment to the US Constitution.

Where are all the strict constitutionalist now?

"The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President."

LINK

Rinse & Repeat...
Isn't this the 3rd time since his election this has come up?

Who is going to debilitate him?
A straight jacket is needed and it ain't needed for Trump
TDS is a serious mental illness.

What has the activist media fed you guys now?

Old 12-27-2018, 09:52 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
YES

You don't call being a senator and professor of Constitutional Law a real job?

No, a reality star and corrupt businessman is the guy for you???????
a JUNIOR senator, whos only accomplishment was the globalist freetrade agreement with Oman...

and as a constitutional law UNPAID "professor who called te constitution antiquated ...

obozo was never understood his job

Old 12-27-2018, 10:09 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Time to Invoke the 25th Amendment

The patriot in me says the nation deserves better than a treasonous ... and yet a pigheaded incompetent ... crook in the Oval Office. Such a person has no business in the white house and should be removed immediately.

The partisan in me says that Individual 1 should remain in the white house a while longer, in the expectation that he will ravage and wreck the Republican party for a generation, possibly more.

Short term good vs long term good.

I am conflicted
Trump disposed of the national republican party in the primary. Bush senior publicly endorsed Hillary. There is no national republican party in the sense that was there even 10 years ago. In the midterms the republicans at state level that did not embrace Trump generally lost. Those that Trump endorsed won. Trump already "ravaged and wrecked the Republican party for a generation, possibly more."

To others, Trump changed the conversation from untenable crap like de-factor open borders, trade deals that favored China, and endless wars to more rational military policy. So, yeah good going with that Repub party wrecking ravaging.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:45 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Your last line is absolutely true. Now, all you need is a more accurate view of what has actually been happening, as opposed to what you believe is true.

The first point you need to understand is that the Syrian government and Russia have had an historic alliance, with Russia having a military presence in Syria. This fact is the foundation for understanding the true dynamics ( which is the complete opposite of what you believe to be true) which will lead you to the greater understanding of what Trump is actually ending with this withdraw, and why that is a great thing ... not a bad thing.

Fact number two ... ISIS is a proxy mercenary force funded and supported by US and Israeli Intelligence, whose purpose has always been to destabilize the Syrian government, similar to what was done in Iraq, Libya, and Afghanistan, though given Russian military presence there, a direct US military approach was not engaged as in the previous named countries.

So this entire narrative of US military fighting ISIS was a total farce, as the exact opposite was the truth, until Trump took over. The great heartburn the globalists have with this withdraw from Syria is obvious, as is the resignation of neocon globalists like Mad Dog Mattis (do you really want a guy with a nick name of Mad Dog making peace/war decisions?). Keep in mind it has been the neocon agenda to wreck the entire Middle East, which they have largely succeeded in doing, on the way to the ultimate target, Iran.

So Trump wants to pull the plug on efforts to overthrow Assad (supporting ISIS), and get out of Afghanistan, which we should never have been in the first place, but have continued for 18 years!!! And the schizophrenic public on the left magically become neocon war supporters, simply because Trump wants to end our involvement in two conflicts?

You people really are crazy. Repeat after me .... war is bad ... peace is good. Got it?

Just because Trump is promoting peace, shouldn’t automatically cause you nutjobs to champion war. That just shows a deranged mind not following a logical pattern of thought. Got it?

So, let’s go back to your statement that aiding and abetting the enemy is Treason, which I whole heartedly agree with. And let’s assume we agree that the bloodthirsty animalistic inhuman murderers called ISIS are our enemy, OK?

Obama and Clinton should be tried and convicted of treason for their direct complicity in providing military and material support to ISIS for virtually Obama’s entire stay in office. That’s what has been happening, and that is precisely what Trump is putting a stop to.
Your post is so full of lies and distortions that it's hard to know how to respond. The claim that Obama and Clinton provided assistance to ISIS is pure Alex Jones fabrication. It's an out and out lie.

Assad is happy ISIS is around because ISIS gives the rebels fits. The Russians are supporting both Assad and ISIS. Iran and the US have tacitly been cooperating to contain ISIS.

US bombing raids have prevented mass troop movements by ISIS, which is why they have been losing territory. Stop the bombing raids and you are going to see a bigger war. Meanwhile the Kurds are a thorn in Turkey's side. We may see a NATO member invade Syria. Does that make you happy?

You have a moron president ignoring the advice of his commanders on the ground. It may even be something agreed to in is secret meetings with Putin, because it's a big birthday present for Russia.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:57 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I do but that is besides the point I was making.
Firstly my use of those specific functions were to debunk the idea that the non-excepted workers do non-essential work. I can't say for most other government jobs other than military inspectors but I imagine most aren't digging up holes just to fill them back in like many suggesting the non-essential employees shouldn't get a job back. I have seen that enough from the other "simple man" posters.
Secondly I am against the troop removal in Syria since Russia is involved. Trump continues to have his blind spot in regards to Russia and many in the intelligence community believe Russia wants to destabilize Syria much like it has in other nations in the past decade.
It's going to be interesting when people find out they won't be getting their tax refunds because those office workers are nonessential. It will be interesting when they find out their new municipal water supply can't get built because the Corps of Engineers permit won't be ready in time to start work. National Parks are not the only thing the Department of Interior has shut down.

I like the steel spike design for the wall, though. If we build the thing, we'll find out it's useless unless we patrol all 2000 miles of it. Of course, we won't, so the tweakers will get out there with their battery operated sawzalls and salvage it for scrap. It will be a cottage industry for decades, helping the poor.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:56 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Your post is so full of lies and distortions that it's hard to know how to respond. The claim that Obama and Clinton provided assistance to ISIS is pure Alex Jones fabrication. It's an out and out lie.

Assad is happy ISIS is around because ISIS gives the rebels fits. The Russians are supporting both Assad and ISIS. Iran and the US have tacitly been cooperating to contain ISIS.

US bombing raids have prevented mass troop movements by ISIS, which is why they have been losing territory. Stop the bombing raids and you are going to see a bigger war. Meanwhile the Kurds are a thorn in Turkey's side. We may see a NATO member invade Syria. Does that make you happy?

You have a moron president ignoring the advice of his commanders on the ground. It may even be something agreed to in is secret meetings with Putin, because it's a big birthday present for Russia.
your idiot obozo supported the "rebels"...which are isis

Dr. Assad is against isis, as should everyone

Old 12-28-2018, 04:22 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
a JUNIOR senator, whos only accomplishment was the globalist freetrade agreement with Oman...

and as a constitutional law UNPAID "professor who called te constitution antiquated ...

obozo was never understood his job
Still, more qualifications and critical thinking skills than the person sitting in the oval office, now.

I did not vote for Obama, however if he could run for office again, I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Speaking of qualifications, Hillary, had the best of either man. She should be president, now. I feel with all of the hacking by the Russians, (probably) that trump is an illegal president. JMO

Now, everyone can see for themselves putting someone up for president that has a questionable background, what damage can be done. We need a sound, intelligent leader for president and commander in chief.

Trump needs to go. MAGA, send trump to the presidential farm. He does not even have enough sense, to know that he is in way over his head. Again, JMO.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:37 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Don’t worry .... we’re all here supporting and defending a constitutionally elected president against a very unconstitutional gang of criminals (and the mindless zombies that embrace them) STILL attempting to overturn an election result that didn’t go their way TWO YEARS AGO.

Of course, anyone who doesn’t throw up in their mouths at the prospect of Pelosi (amouth breathing moron) and Schumer (a dangerous egomaniacal domestic enemy) controlling the country are irretrievably lost, and incapable of rational thinking.

Correct.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:38 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Time to invoke the 25th Amendment to the US Constitution.

Where are all the strict constitutionalist now?

"The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution says that if the President becomes unable to do their job, the Vice President becomes the President."

LINK
LOL......the group with Maxine-Pelosi-Sharpton-Bernie wants to replace the billionaire still accomplishing things in spite of all the DEM dead weight.....

Old 12-28-2018, 04:38 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Still, more qualifications and critical thinking skills than the person sitting in the oval office, now.

I did not vote for Obama, however if he could run for office again, I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Speaking of qualifications, Hillary, had the best of either man. She should be president, now. I feel with all of the hacking by the Russians, (probably) that trump is an illegal president. JMO

Now, everyone can see for themselves putting someone up for president that has a questionable background, what damage can be done. We need a sound, intelligent leader for president and commander in chief.

Trump needs to go. MAGA, send trump to the presidential farm. He does not even have enough sense, to know that he is in way over his head. Again, JMO.
Repeat after me, mollygee.

The Russians cast exactly ZERO votes for Trump. ZERO.

Repeat it as often as necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies