Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 03:54 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,357,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTWGA View Post
Its not just about Bond, but the push of the left to gay, or trannify straight icons. Superman is another. https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...et-report-says

Archie Andrews dies defending gay friend. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...s-life-175775/
We will know when Hollywood has gone to far when they portray King Kong as gay and instead holding Fay Wray in his hand while climbing the Empire state building he is holding Dicaprio.

Old 12-25-2018, 04:35 PM

5,789 posts, read 3,585,567 times
30 years ago, I found somebody who thought Paula Abdul's "Two steps forward", with the dancing cartoon cat, was just a conspiracy to convince impressionable kids that bestiality was all right. Was I wrong to not attribute that view to all evangelicals?

Old 12-25-2018, 04:35 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,724,625 times
Not everything stupid is suggested by a liberal, and not everything stupid that is suggested by a liberal is suggested because they are liberal. Sometimes a stupid idea is just a stupid idea. Period.

And, sometimes, things that seems stupid are just matters of different taste.

Some peoples' brains have trouble processing subtly and complexity and change and diversity, but the world is full of subtlety and complexity and change and diversity. That's just the nature of life. Not everything boils down to a simple choice between X and Y. There are 24 other letters of the English alphabet, and - wouldn't ya know it - there are even other alphabets. The world is mostly better for its diversity, even if it is sometimes annoying to deal with.

So what if there is a gay James Bond, or a TG James Bond, or midget James Bond, or if James Bond turns out to be an illegal alien from some obscure planet in the Andromeda galaxy? He's just a fictional character to start with. Suggestion: chalk it up to far-fetched alternative realities - like the one where a reality show host becomes president of the United States, for example, and goes on various madcap political adventures with his buddy Vladimir. Sorta like Donald and Vlada go to the White House and Donald ends up living there. It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world, for sure.

Last edited by Gaylenwoof; 12-25-2018 at 04:46 PM..

Old 12-25-2018, 04:58 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,515,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In summation: some random person, wants to do something random.

Do you go in search of odd individuals to attribute to whole groups?

Are you offended that Riverdale made some of the kids from The Archies gay? That they made Dr. Smith a woman in Lost in Space?

Why do you care? Suppose they did it. Just like with anything else you don't like, you wouldn't go see it.
A bigger question might be why the forum moderator allows a thread with the very deragotory term “tranny” in it. This word is right up there with the “n” word as far as most trans folk are concerned.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:22 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,072,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
A bigger question might be why the forum moderator allows a thread with the very deragotory term “tranny” in it. This word is right up there with the “n” word as far as most trans folk are concerned.
So? Do the trannies get to dictate our language? They already are demanding that we address women as “he” and men as “she”. Trannies don’t get a vote, or if they do then trannies can easily be outvoted. Do you allow everyone (e.g., trannies) who is looking to be offended dictate how you behave and think? Trannies already get a disproportionate amount of attention given how few trannies there are, if you believe that trannies are real. Personally I don’t believe trannies are real, and those purporting to be trannies are just misguided and need help, perhaps some form of de-trannification.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:28 PM

2,448 posts, read 889,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Yep, that's what is needed in these parts: even more policing of language!

I know I can see no obvious risks or problems in allowing the policing of what language should be permitted and what language should be prohibited to be determined by the people who claim to take offense!

Old 12-25-2018, 05:31 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,428,405 times
Yep, I told him to say it. I know for a fact that all the liberals on city-data got the email asking them to vote on it and they all said YES.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:42 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,096,365 times
“Now a push from the idiot right to make something out of nothing”.

Old 12-25-2018, 06:17 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,418,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
30 years ago, I found somebody who thought Paula Abdul's "Two steps forward", with the dancing cartoon cat, was just a conspiracy to convince impressionable kids that bestiality was all right. Was I wrong to not attribute that view to all evangelicals?
While not apples and oranges, it's apples and orchards.

Old 12-25-2018, 06:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,832,012 times
I don't see this, then again I don't see anyone but a white Brit as Bond honestly. Don't mean we cannot have Bond like characters be a woman or a black person...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies