Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 06:21 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,160 times

Advertisements

You left out "probably". Just more of the BS from the leftists. Desperation is running rampant.

Old 12-26-2018, 06:30 AM

8,375 posts, read 4,357,906 times
Trump shows he is incapable, at any level, of doing the job he has been elected to every day.

All he had to do was be nice to a child, go along with the NORAD tracking scenario and play up to the kids belief rather than question it. Its not hard but yet he managed to screw it up like most everything else he tries.

Last edited by ditchoc; 12-26-2018 at 06:46 AM..

Old 12-26-2018, 07:12 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Trump shows he is incapable, at any level, of doing the job he has been elected to every day.

All he had to do was be nice to a child, go along with the NORAD tracking scenario and play up to the kids belief rather than question it. Its not hard but yet he managed to screw it up like most everything else he tries.
Richt..And I am sure you TDS fools would still complain bitterly if Trump told the kid Santa was real. They would accuse him of "lying" yet again to scar this poor child for life by giving the kid false info..am I right?

Old 12-26-2018, 10:26 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
He’s just an awkward mess. I think we established long ago that he cannot go off script.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:43 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Richt..And I am sure you TDS fools would still complain bitterly if Trump told the kid Santa was real. They would accuse him of "lying" yet again to scar this poor child for life by giving the kid false info..am I right?
No.

You are not right.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:46 AM

19,820 posts, read 12,084,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I've always said there is no war on Christmas.

I was wrong.

I am seeing it fought right now, and it has nothing to do with "PC" greetings, or Trump, or what kind of cup Starbucks has this year.

It has everything in the world with how people can be so hateful to each other and never stop, even for one day. I'm stepping away from this for at least a few hours, because I don't really want to be a soldier.
Sadly, CD us slipping into slap fest Jerry Springer territory with the occasional true political discussion surfacing. Over a decade ago, when I first started reading CD POC, there were wonderful, informative discussions between people who disagreed politically but attempted to reach out through information and explanation of beliefs vs the current trend of identity politics and absolutes. There are so many times I just step away as there is no saving certain threads.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
No, it wasn’t wrong of him to ask a valid question. He didn’t tell the kid that Santa wasn’t real or that he shouldn’t believe in Santa, he simply asked if the kid believed in Santa. You people have let your irrational hate for the POTUS cloud every thought you have. Just look at how quickly this already questionable story went from possibly to he ruined Santa for a 7 year old with zero proof. Next you fools are going to blame Russia or Putin for this somehow.

I’ve got kids in the same age range and none of them believe in Santa, they never have. We joke around about it but they know the truth and we’re raised that way their whole lives.

I expect you mean "were", not "we're".

Thing is, neither you nor Trump have the right to disillusion other people's kids.

Many, many families prefer to cherish this beautiful old legend and to preserve the fairy dust as long as they can, when it comes to children's innocent belief in Santa.

When the time comes that the children begin to doubt - on their own, not with "assistance" from crass adults - it would be wise to explain to them that Santa is really the spirit of Saint Nicholas, who was kind and generous to children and poor people, and that his loving spirit is still around today, in the loving hearts of those who, like the good saint, also are kind and generous to children and those in need. That's why all of us who honor the Saint can be like him, when we become "Santa Claus" to others.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Which, since the Bible does not instruct us to celebrate Jesus's birthday, they are actually doing God's work (albeit unwittingly).
Nor does the Bible instruct us NOT to celebrate Jesus's birthday.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:53 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,998 times
Who says "do you still believe in Santa?" to a 7 year old?

Old 12-26-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Liberals hate Christians, God, and Christ, and have been assaulting Christmas forever

Meanwhile, Obama and the liberals re-writing history by making him black. Surprised he didn't go a step further and also make him non-hetero-normative like the other cool millenials who are just so hip and edgy - these days one minority status isn't quite enough
How interesting. Please cite your source for your claim that Obama "rewrote history" and made Jesus Black. Somehow I missed that action on Obama's part...

I am probably what you'd term "liberal", though I define myself as a moderate Democrat. I attend (a Christian) church regularly and am a member, and worship God and revere Christ. I do my best to keep the old Christmas customs alive in my family and celebrate many Christmas traditions with friends as well, many of whose political views and religious beliefs are similar to my own.

We all need to try to avoid making sweeping statements, because in almost all cases, there are going to be exceptions to those claims. Sometime major exceptions like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.