Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2018, 09:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
"Mexico will pay for the wall 100%." ~ trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J9y6s_ukBQ
You’re kind of all over the place here. Not a very cohesive argument.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:26 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Did you tell congress back in 2006 that the wall was stupid? Thought not! What the hell does net illegal immigration have to do with this? There are still thousands of illegals breaching our border every month. WTH do visa over stayers have to do with the wall to deter border jumpers? That's a separate problem that will have to do dealt with differently.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration
Then the $$$$ for the wall was already settled back in 2006. Quit nickle and diming us tax payers to death with this folly of a wall already!

Old 12-26-2018, 09:27 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Nobody, but nobody claimed it is the "solution". Rather, it is an important element in the mix towards a solution.

Nothing like a strawman!!!!!

Fine then, it's the "wrong element" to focus on first. There is so much more that can be done (and done fairly quickly and efficiently compared to the time it would take to build a wall) and for less money to cut illegal immigration in half. Hire more agents and deport the people overstaying their visas. Then, once that "hole" is fixed, worry about a wall or securing the boarder. This whole wall thing is just political theater that's going to cost the US taxpayers a lot of money if it goes though. And it won't be effective until years from now. In the meantime, other solutions aren't getting the funding (or they are getting funding and we pay more in taxes).

That's why President Trump can't get support for it (and it's not just liberals that aren't supporting it, it's fiscally responsible conservatives too).

Old 12-26-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
The links I provided are just made up facts by me? WTH does this have to do with me? This is about the safety and security of our country. What is sad is you and yours ignoring the facts. Go ahead and rally against the wall it just shows how clueless and anti-American people like you are.
At this point, I believe trump is a bigger threat to the safety and security of our country than the absence of an economy breaking wall.

Last edited by jojajn; 12-26-2018 at 10:35 AM..

Old 12-26-2018, 09:30 AM

937 posts, read 927,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It will take 30-40 years to get easements to build it and cost trillions of dollars.
Not to mention maintain...

Old 12-26-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You’re kind of all over the place here. Not a very cohesive argument.
I agree. Trump is all over the place with not a very cohesive argument.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:34 AM

62,931 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"If the goal is to stop illegal immigration, I've got some advice for President Trump from here in California, which used to be part of Mexico and now has turned itself into a kind of sanctuary state.

For starters, the promised "big, beautiful wall" along the southern border of the United States doesn't make much sense. If Trump doesn't trust me, he should go to El Centro — as I did in March — and talk to Albert Garcia, the retired Border Patrol welder who spent 25 years fixing holes in the fence."

Trump's wall is big, beautiful and dumb — here's a better way to control the border:
https://www.latimes.com/local/califo...017-story.html

Too much spinning, twisting and lying in this article to be believed including his statement that illegal entry is down enough not to warrant a good physical barrier. He was fixing fences not good walls. Most of the Border Patrol would disagree with him. He's like so many other clueless people who make lame statements that if we can't stop them all why try to deter 80% of them.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:36 AM

937 posts, read 927,223 times
Quote:
I refer you to my numerous posts and others in here who have debunked every lame excuse and lie you are making. You're just another clueless one that just won't admit that walls are a huge deterrant. No one is claiming that they are 100% effective but 80% isn't good enough? I see this is all about your hatred of Trump and nothing else. You and yours would sacrifice the safety and security of our border and its citizens over your blatant hatred of our president. Shame on the lot of you!
You're a nut.

I'm more concerned about Trump's relationship with Russia than I am of illegal Mexican immigration.

The former is a compromised agent at the highest point in our political system.

The latter has been going on for all of human history and won't stop because of a wall. It's smarter, in the long run, to handle it via policy than sinking billions into a border wall especially given the other climate related future problems the country faces.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:40 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Boy, you have no idea of border/POE operations.

I enter the USA numerous times a year, by car and by air. I have never had my biometrics collected... ever. I've been inspected once by air, never by car, even when it is plum full of household stuff I bring to my condo in Florida.

It is only in the past 3 years or so that the USA even knows if I overstayed my presumed visa (entry from Canada gives me a presumed, not physical, visa). It was then that the two nations introduced and completed an electronic information exchange, whereby the moment I enter the USA, Canada knows I have left, and vice versa. As such, any Canadian would be crazy to overstay, something that used to happen with some frequency in the past as there was no way the USA could know.

When I drive through one of the 3 border crossings on my trip south, the border agent already knows my pattern, as my passport gets scanned. One of these days, I expect to have a 2 hour delay as my car is thoroughly searched, but I suspect I don't fit a profile that anyone is concerned about. However, random searches may occur at any time, and I am aware of that.
Haar! About three weeks after 9/11 on our routine sojourn to Arizona with our Semi and Fiver we got put through the process of a full search, while we were told to stand 30 feet away with a National Guardsman facing us with his rifle at port arms. Neat experience with them being all abrupt and authoritative and all, with one word curt addressing of queries to us across the parking area. Two agents were in the coach and the older one appeared in the doorway, crooking a finger at us for one of us to approach and answer the question as to what this white seed-like substance was in a baggie he found in our fridge.....before my wife could answer him the younger guy grabbed it from his hand and declared "it's flax seed..keeps you regular".

That got grins all around, lowering the tension considerably during a moment in time when they were still under the deliberate attempt by McCain et-al to take "illegal" heat away from his state using them by the thousands to service their agra corp. by floating the lie "they entered through Canada".

Numbnutz still haven't learned anything. Treating Canada as their personal whipping post after we've assisted them any number of times with sheltering thousand of them during that very event, rescuing their hostages from Iranian thugs and boots on the ground during any number of natural disasters.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:41 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
What votes? How many of the Canadians who are the majority visa overstayers voting? The 2 illegals from the southern border caught voting in Ft. Worth are in jail.

Who are these illegals who are voting? Where are they? Why haven't the states stopped it?

Perhaps the states can ask the credit checking companies to verify who is a citizen and even see if illegals vote.

Looks to me like if anyone who should not be voting is voting, it is the state's responsibility.
If you think illegals are not voting when they are able to get drivers licenses in motor voter states.. they are voting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies