Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US withdraw from Syria?
Yes: We don't gain anything by staying. 58 81.69%
No: The US has so much at stake (please explain). 8 11.27%
No: Obama started this and we must finish it for him. 1 1.41%
No: I can't articulate a reason why we should seriously stay, but I automatically oppose anything Trump does. 0 0%
Undecided. 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 07:57 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Bias poll or not, the OP certainly brings up some legitimate points.

As to "throwing people under the bus", what do you think Obama & Hillary did with Hosni in Egypt? He was one of Americas greatest allies in the ME, and was moderate toward Israel. Yet he was undermined and instead we got the Muslim Brotherhood in charge of Egypt.

Untold countless Coptic Christians and others were killed as a result, yet we heard crickets from Obama supporters. These were the same people who excoriated Bush for taking out Saddam because of the unintended consequences, yet like good koolaid drinkers rarely criticized Obama for anything.

One of the worst aspects of why they didn't criticize him (even when they disagreed with him) was that they were afraid to be called racists.
Yes the insane PC culture infected your ilk to such a degree that even anti-war liberals remained silent when Obama was promoting war instead of getting our troops home.
Yet normally loud mouth liberals like the ones in Hollywood remained silent.
Of course you heard crickets from Obama supporters and the entire Leftist media. Who else could destroy entire Muslim countries like Libya, use a billion dollars worth of cruise missiles all over the middle east, demonize our police back home. Only our one and only "Peace prize winner"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 07:57 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
I want a full withdraw from the middle east. There is no purpose there. What is the purpose of fighting a war for 18 years? Not even finishing up the first war, then starting another war....then start a civil war. GET US OUT. Enough is enough. The wars have already bankrupted us.

Assad controls 80% of his country. Assad, Russia, and their allies can secure the rest of the country without shedding any additional American lives and money.

Syria is for Syrians. Let them pickup and rebuild the destruction that we have brought upon them.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:00 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Taking out Assad will only bring in someone worse. Leave him be.
As proven in Iraq and Libya. These idiots never learn. These countries are better off under their dictators than any kind of democracy! Obama's wet dream of wonderful Arab Spring, was wet nightmare.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
As proven in Iraq and Libya. These idiots never learn. These countries are better off under their dictators than any kind of democracy! Obama's wet dream of wonderful Arab Spring, was wet nightmare.
So, Syria is currently well off under their dictator?

Many would argue Syria is pretty darn far from being well off. Its pretty much the opposite of well off.

Having said that, we are not there to save Syria, we are there for us, to fight terrorists who want to kill us.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:15 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I would have voted for, yes, but in a measured, intelligent way that works with our allies instead of throwing them under the bus.

But your bias didn't allow you to present such a commonsense option, so I won't be voting in your poll.
I agree that Trump could handle the withdrawal better.

Your bias is preventing you from voting yes that we should withdraw when you know it is the right choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
DoD says our job is not finished
Wow the Industrial Military Complex says that we aren't done? Well we better pour billions of dollars more into spilling more blood!

Quote:
Trump is the only person who is declaring "mission accomplished", and his loyalists are compelled to supports that comments.
I am not saying mission is accomplished. I reject your notion that we can and should nation build in the middle east.

I am stating that we are wasting billions in Syria, that we have killed civilians in Syria directly and indirectly, that we have armed terrorists (that we can't tell apart from moderate rebels), and that both Trump and Obama have botched it up...we are better leaving.

Quote:
- Betraying our allies is a new low. No one will trust the US again
Obama flip flopped, lied, made illogical comments, and caused our allies suffering in Syria...can you please link to a post where you mourn for trust under Obama? Or is your bias showing?

https://news.yahoo.com/seymour-hersh...204437397.html

https://observer.com/2017/04/obama-b...mical-weapons/

https://www.aim.org/aim-column/obama...s-about-syria/

Quote:
So, Syria is currently well off under their dictator?

Many would argue Syria is pretty darn far from being well off. Its pretty much the opposite of well off.

Having said that, we are not there to save Syria, we are there for us, to fight terrorists who want to kill us.
The Obama policy was to arm ISIS and Al Qaeda thinking they were "moderate rebels" fighting Assad.

You know who wants to kill ISIS inside of Syria the most? Assad - the man Obama spent years weakening. ISIS rejoiced when Obama went after Assad.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Wow the Industrial Military Complex says that we aren't done? Well we better pour billions of dollars more into spilling more blood!
Sorry you have so little respect for the military.

If you cannot trust the military, then who are you listening to when it comes to matters like how the training is going in Syria? Breitbart? Trump?

Quote:
I am not saying mission is accomplished. I reject your notion that we can and should nation build in the middle east.
I have not said anything about building anything. We are there to destroy ISIS, and to train Kurds to keep them from regrouping in the future.

I removed the 'but Obama' whines. Not relevant.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:31 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
I agree that Trump could handle the withdrawal better.

Your bias is preventing you from voting yes that we should withdraw when you know it is the right choice.
Then why didn't you make an option saying yes, we want out of Syria, but not the way Trump is doing it?

Your bias wouldn't allow you to give us that option because you knew that would be the overwhelming vote-getter in your little poll.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:46 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I would have voted for, yes, but in a measured, intelligent way that works with our allies instead of throwing them under the bus.

But your bias didn't allow you to present such a commonsense option, so I won't be voting in your poll.
+1

Old 12-26-2018, 08:50 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:

The Obama policy was to arm ISIS and Al Qaeda thinking they were "moderate rebels" fighting Assad.

You know who wants to kill ISIS inside of Syria the most? Assad - the man Obama spent years weakening. ISIS rejoiced when Obama went after Assad.
Is this the same Assad that gassed and killed his own people ,including women and children,.................more than once? That Assad???

Old 12-26-2018, 09:04 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Is this the same Assad that gassed and killed his own people ,including women and children,.................more than once? That Assad???
The Butcher of Damascus. And Trump just gave him a nice Christmas present. And I agree with JAMS14. I want the U.S. out of Syria and the whole Middle East. But not the way Trump wants to do it. Precipitous withdrawal simply to excite his base with no thought given to where it leaves our allies and other long term implications. With Trump everything is about throwing bones to his pack of dogs base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies