Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2018, 11:58 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

I haven't yet seen one liberal respond "we shouldn't pay for them" on this thread. Instead they say cut the military to pay for them.

Why then do I see libs on this forum say " we don't support illegal immigration and open borders" when actions speak differently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 12:04 PM

1,279 posts, read 853,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I was in East Berlin for several days about 40 years ago. Went through Checkpoint Charlie. Even though it was decades after World War II, the city was still in a state of massive disrepair, and poverty was rampant. Marxism simply does not work. It drags everyone and everything into poverty. I want no part of that, as well.

Incidentally, I accidentally brought DDR currency back into the West, even though foreigners removing DDR currency from the country was strictly verboten. I forgot it was in my pocket, and didn't declare it at the exit (from the DDR) post. Oops.
Agreed. East Berlin was actually far nicer than the rest of East Germany, actually, though, and that in turn was far nicer than other countries in the East. My tour guide in Romania in 1994 said that she was shocked at how "luxurious" East Germany was in the 1980s.

I remember crossing back into West Germany in 1990 and being stunned at how nice and modern everything was, and crossing back into Austria (from the Balkans and Hungary) in 1994 and being stunned at how nice and modern it was.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:05 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I haven't yet seen one liberal respond "we shouldn't pay for them" on this thread. Instead they say cut the military to pay for them.

Why then do I see libs on this forum say " we don't support illegal immigration and open borders" when actions speak differently?

Please show me where we pay them? They don't get welfare despite what those on the right say. They don't vote. They don't get disability. And don't spout the $100 billion claim since everyone knows that number is nothing but bs.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:08 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Please show me where we pay them? They don't get welfare despite what those on the right say. They don't vote. They don't get disability. And don't spout the $100 billion claim since everyone knows that number is nothing but bs.
California alone proves you wrong on that. But that's not the point. The question was liberals what services would you give up to pay for illegals. Many answer cut military spending to do it which shows a want to pay for them by cutting the military. If you don't support paying for them the correct answer would be "I don't support cutting any services to pay for them because we shouldn't pay for them".

Old 12-27-2018, 12:09 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Making the Trump Mafia family businesses pay all their back taxes would probably do the trick.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:19 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Close the border and start sending the illegals that are here back to where they came from. Who is going to make Guatemala great again if they all come here. As for those that want to shut down the military all I can say is "idiots".

Old 12-27-2018, 12:29 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
A better question would be how much more are you willing to pay so that Americans will be attracted to these low income jobs rather than illegal immigrants.

How much more are you willing to pay for things like produce, home improvement, lawn care.
Since illegals depress wages for Americans, then with illegals gone, wages will go up. As wages go up, the COL goes up. It's a fact of life.

As for me, I gladly pay more money to hire American citizens and legal immigrants. In my state, if you hire someone who isn't licensed and insured to work on your property and that person gets injured while on your property, your homeowners' insurance won't cover it. Suddenly, that cheap labor isn't so cheap anymore. Besides, illegals do shoddy work.

Who do you think did all those jobs before we were infested by illegals? Americans did them and were paid a good wage along with good benefits. Maybe you don't remember those times. We all did just fine and will do so again if we cracked down on illegal immigration.

Besides, illegals cost us money in other ways---welfare for the anchor babies which benefits the whole family, like section 8 housing---using the ER like it was their personal doctor then not paying a cent for it.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I see it as a hand up toward becoming and 'actual American' that ends up being a productive taxpayer. Its the same way most all NEW Americans get started.

Personally I think more people are more concerned about their 'white heritage' being 'spoiled' than they are the cost. There is far more money being wasted on pork barrel spending of every description that no one seems to care about. All they care about is brown people crossing the border.
^^^^BS

So...you're all in favor of amnestying every single illegal. Doing so is a slap in the face to legal immigrants---you know, the ones who applied to come here legally, jumped through all the hoops, paid all the fees and then patiently awaited their turn to come here.

Why would anyone want to reward people who broke our laws?

"White heritage"? What a racist, bigoted remark! You make the erroneous assumption that all illegals are Hispanic. Then you further assume that all Hispanics are not white. Let me educate you --- in the past, ICE deported illegals back to 189 countries. 189 countries covers every race, religion and ethnicity. It doesn't matter where in the world an illegal comes from. Nor does it matter if they sneaked across the border or overstayed a visa---they all have one thing in common and that is this --- they have no business being here and need to leave. Period.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Your 100 billion number is likely way, way off. It doesn't even take into account the positive impact immigrants have on our economy. Why would anyone have to give up social security or medicare because of undocumented immigrants? Those programs are for citizens. If we give those up, it will because we do not have enough immigrants. We need more immigrants and while the immigrants themselves may cost us a little, their children tend to be very successful. Their children's taxes are badly needed her to keep these programs going. We need them.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...omy/691997002/
You are deliberately blurring the lines between illegal aliens and legal immigrants.

This is what illegals costs us on an annual basis. Of course, many of you are closed minded and will refuse to read the link due to the source:

New FAIR Study: Illegal Immigration Costs $116 billion Annually | IRLI - Home

Old 12-27-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
Proof?

They're paying rent, so RE taxes are being paid. I'd assume at least some of them are paying income taxes too.

I haven't seen anyone post a link actually showing the actual costs of having an illegal -- what they receive in benefits vs what they pay in.

Oh, gimme a break!

When they live 15-20 in a flophouse with 5 or 6 of those residents are in public school, whatever share of the rent their parent(s) pay doesn't even come anywhere close to covering the cost of educating 1 child.

Where I live, a house has to be assessed at $1 million for the property taxes to cover the cost of educating 1 child.

Wake up already!

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 12-27-2018 at 01:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies