Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2018, 04:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

[quote=BOS2IAD;53991217]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
So...In your imagination, anyone who is against illegal immigration is a "xenophobe". You know that is total BS, so why do you keeping spewing it?
Guess what? Before we were infested with illegals, Americans were paid a fair wage for doing those jobs plus they got benefits, too. I guess you're too young to remember all that.
If we got rid of illegals, then companies that hire illegals will have to pay more to hire American citizens and legal immigrants. And, yes, when wages go up, prices go up, too. That's how it works.
Maybe you like hiring illegals but I don't. If you are homeowner, did you know in VA the law reads like this---If you hire someone to work on your property who isn't licensed and insured and that person gets injured while working on your property, your homeowners' insurance won't cover it? Did you know that?
And, yes, BTW, illegals are parasites who take far, far more than they give.
ETA: I'm quoting Vacanegro here. For some reason when he quoted "11th hour", Vacanegro's quote got messed up. FTR, I agree with 11th hour re: illegals.
I think it's a fair question. The people here who spend their time freaking out about "illegals" only talk about people crossing the southern border even though far more enter every year through ports of entry and stay here on expired visas. The only difference I can see between them is that fewer of the visa overstays have brown skin, so yeah it appears that Canadian, French and British "illegals" aren't as offensive and scary to some people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 04:53 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
By lack of enforcement of immigration laws, you are inviting every poor person in the world to come to the US and become a federal dependent. Your lack of support for enforcement of immigration laws is a defacto support of open borders.

There is no nation in the world that continues to exist without strict immigration control- NONE.

It is simply insane to ignore measures to control the flow of illegal immigrants which are wreaking havoc on the economies of border states and consuming massive amounts of federal resources.
don't interject your insidiousness on me.. I did not say one time that I had issue with immigration enforcement, and saying I don't care for any billions of dollars on walls... is not the same as saying I am for open borders.

I'm for SENSIBLE IMMIGRATION REFORMS..... and the first sensible thing is to get ride of race and ethnicity bias and bigotry, and the bias and bigotry against country of origin.... I don't care if the Right Wing White Establishment does not like it.
When it comes to border security, then staff it up and improve the usage of technology !!!! But get Racist Bigots Out Of The Business of Discussing or Adding Input to anything related to Immigration !!!!

Now, you can spin your spill anyway you want... but don't try and twist things and make claim that what I said means something that it does not mean. You might find it a surprise, but no one aspires to that Jim Crow styled aims of covert dictation by trying to twist what is said to fit your own narrative. That Right Wing Game Ploy is null and void....

Last edited by Chance and Change; 12-27-2018 at 05:51 PM..

Old 12-27-2018, 04:57 PM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You are deliberately blurring the lines between illegal aliens and legal immigrants.

This is what illegals costs us on an annual basis. Of course, many of you are closed minded and will refuse to read the link due to the source:

New FAIR Study: Illegal Immigration Costs $116 billion Annually | IRLI - Home

Not only that but if these illegals are deported our citizens will get their jobs back and their children will have jobs also without competition from the offspring of these illegal aliens. They in turn would be paying taxes into the system. If we find we need more "real" immigrants we'll increase our annual quotas for them. There is no excuse or need for illegal aliens being here sucking up our jobs, taxes and resources. Many of them have large families and therefore have no income tax liability and many get paid in cash while paying no applicable income taxes. They also send billions out of our country not spent in our economy. We need to import immigrants based on them being a benefit to our country not a burden as these illegal aliens are. They are uneducated, unskilled and poor. Yeah, we need them like a hole in the head.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:57 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
FAIR is not an accurate source but at least we know where Trumps estimate comes from, just look at that first page of your link and it will tell you everything you need to know about their motivation.
Oh really?

And you know that FAIR is "not accurate" because...? Oh, I see...it doesn't fit your narrative.

What "motivation"? Are you referring to John Tanton? He gave lots of groups seed money (whether FAIR should have taken it is debatable. Start a thread if you want to debate) but he didn't say these groups had to adhere to his beliefs.

Have you ever lived in a community where illegals destroyed it? Have you ever had a flophouse filled with illegals on your street? Have you ever seen up close and personal how they negatively affect public schools? Have you seen crime increase in your neighborhood due to illegal aliens?

Have you ever talked to anyone who has lost his/her livelihood due to illegal immigration? I'm guessing that the answer is "no".

The truth is this --- illegal aliens are parasites who take far, far more than they give.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:59 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I second this! More money is wasted in our military machine than anywhere else.
Without a military, we would be overran by the illegals you want to help protect.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:03 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post

I'm for SENSIBLE IMMIGRATION REFORMS..... and the first sensible thing is to get ride of race and ethnicity bias and bigotry, and the bias and bigotry against country of origin[.... I don't care if the Right Wing White Establishment does not like it.
When it comes to border security, then staff it up and improve the usage of technology !!!! But get Racist Bigots Out Of The Business of Discussing or Adding Input to anything related to Immigration !!!!
What are you yammering about? What "race and ethnicity bias and bigotry against country of origin"? We literally have legal immigrants here from every country on earth.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be concerned about allowing in people who come from countries that are hostile to us. There is nothing wrong with restricting immigration from such countries if those countries present security issues. And being concerned about such countries has nothing to do with "race and ethnicity" bias.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:11 PM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
What are you yammering about? What "race and ethnicity bias and bigotry against country of origin"? We literally have legal immigrants here from every country on earth.

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be concerned about allowing in people who come from countries that are hostile to us. There is nothing wrong with restricting immigration from such countries if those countries present security issues. And being concerned about such countries has nothing to do with "race and ethnicity" bias.

Our immigration laws, policies and quotas are not based on denying a certain race, nationality or ethnic group the right to come here legally anyway unless they are from a known terrorist country. That's what matters, not what some stupid people think. I guess these fools aren't aware that Mexicans and those from other Latino countries are allotted the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country. Maybe they should search the facts before pulling their typical race card.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:18 PM

Default One can go back to the 1840's and find the same Anti-Mexican Spin.... ("RACISM") !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not only that but if these illegals are deported our citizens will get their jobs back and their children will have jobs also without competition from the offspring of these illegal aliens. They in turn would be paying taxes into the system. If we find we need more "real" immigrants we'll increase our annual quotas for them. There is no excuse or need for illegal aliens being here sucking up our jobs, taxes and resources. Many of them have large families and therefore have no income tax liability and many get paid in cash while paying no applicable income taxes. They also send billions out of our country not spent in our economy. We need to import immigrants based on them being a benefit to our country not a burden as these illegal aliens are. They are uneducated, unskilled and poor. Yeah, we need them like a hole in the head.
Any of these so called people you are talking about, any day can head to one of the Farm Towns and pursue a job picking lettuce and strawberry's; not one immigrant legal or illegal will stop you or stand in your way.

The Electric companies are still trimming back trees near power lines, and again, any of the so called people you are talking about, can head to the nearest Utility company and apply... again, not one immigrant, legal or illegal will stop you or stand in your way.

There's probably a multitude of jobs, including the jobs of "shelling shrimp", skinning catfish, and descaling fish and many other jobs that the average white American will never consider pursuing. But they sure flock to these items in the Grocery Stores.

So just what jobs are you talking about, that immigrants and illegals have taken that stop you or any other of the people you are talking about from pursuing the same work????

The problem is these people you are talking about 'want a pay rate" the employers are not willing to pay, because the consumer is not willing to pay a higher price for the goods.....

So, how is attacking Immigrants, legal or illegal going to change that?

Will you pay $5 for a head of lettuce so a white person can be attracted to pursue a job picking and bagging lettuce? or will you pay $30 for 10 shrimp because a white person wants a high paying wage job shelling and de-veining shrimp?

I have not seen an illegal working in any of the office I work ... I don't see any as managers at any of the dollars stores any other commercial establishment with a titled job that pays a living wage.

Half these people talking all this crap have not seen any either.... they are just talking their standard Right Wing Spin... One can go back to the 1840's and find the same Anti-Mexican Spin....

When you talk about the "uneducated, unskilled and poor. (you said:) Yeah, we need them like a hole in the head. then I'd say, go the Appalachia, and parts of the Midwest and choose a state and you can find more than you can count, of poor white, uneducated, unskilled and poor.... and tell them, we need them like a hole in the head... and see how well you fare. Or go to the inner city minority sections and tell them the same and see how well you fare.

It's easy to spew this bigoted stuff while sitting behind a keyboard..... and incite like minded bigots as if to form a posses of other like minded bigots, but get them together and go tell the people in the areas I referenced above, how little you regard them and how void you are of respect of or for them, and how inhumane you feel toward them.... !!!!

then tell the same group of bigots to petition to take away public programs and tell the people in those regions that you want to take away programs... and let's see how it results for you and your posse.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 12-27-2018 at 05:41 PM..

Old 12-27-2018, 05:23 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
I like your basic initial idea, reminding us that money is limited, and we can't pay for everything.

However, I object to your very wrong premise, that liberals want to flood the country with illegal aliens That's a Republican myth. Most Democrats don't want a flood of illegals, either.

I will say, though, as a Democrat, I'd generally like money - not for illegals, but for education, health care, etc. - to come from a major increase on taxes for the rich and their corporations.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:

Security is dealt with through screening... if you believe that stuff you are spewing, then get your posse together, and ask how and why we have so many Russians here, since you claim none should be allowed to immigrant from a hostile country toward America should be here.

Mexico certainly is not hostile toward America... it sits and remains among Americas to 5 trading partners. And we have not seen one Mexican Terrorist create mass murder in America... but guess what Ethnicity we have seen create a high volume of Mass Murders????/
When people talk about drugs... they might want to ask how many Americans are drug dealers" ? one might find the truth that the numbers are astronomically high, and those high numbers cannot be attached to Mexicans. ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies