Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 03:59 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,419,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Market gained back about 10% of the losses over the last 6 weeks. That's a good thing.

Is the OP giving credit to Trump for today's increase? If so, does the OP assign blame for Trump for all the losses recently?
Blue Wave is taking place soon giving the market a confidence boost.

To answer the question, yes, of course, Individual 1 supporters shout from the rooftop when the market increases. Then they are stone silent when it plunges. We have seen more of the first scenario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 04:03 PM

7,183 posts, read 4,764,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Yeah, do it! What happened to all your predictions of doom and gloom? BTW, Trump is still the president.
Boo-hoo.

The market goes up and down all the time. People sell off and then they look for good buys.

Trump (and his followers) love to point out Wall Street. Big deal. As for the doom and gloom, it’s just to trigger and annoy Trump and his followers.

Trump wants people to spend on cheap debt to make himself look good. He’s been whining about the Fed now.

Sometimes I think Trump is the biggest toddler-snowflake of all.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Yeah, I checked. Down big time for YTD. Beside that, we should have been up the normal amount (10% of more)...

So taking 25K last Jan...adding 10%=27.5K which would be "decent" and not "MAGA GREAT"......yet we are powering through 23K and people start threads about it??

No one (at least no sane person or investor) wants a market crash. But Trump cannot keep his mouth shut.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:15 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Who here was "celebrating" the recent drops in the stock market?

As said previously by 007, thank the blue wave.
If filling up half the board with threads about the stock market crash was not celebrating, then what was it for? You guys couldn't wait to jump on your keyboards to post on the day's 500 point drop but now are playing dumb. Who? me? Yeah, YOU.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:17 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Boo-hoo.

The market goes up and down all the time. People sell off and then they look for good buys.
I ams sure you spread this comforting message in all the 123 threads about market crash.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:26 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
If filling up half the board with threads about the stock market crash was not celebrating, then what was it for? You guys couldn't wait to jump on your keyboards to post on the day's 500 point drop but now are playing dumb. Who? me? Yeah, YOU.
Sorry to say the most popular threads on the subject were started a year ago claiming how great Trump was because the DOW went through 21, 22, 23, 24 and then 25K. Now it's been a year and it went nowhere...and now it is quite far down.

The OPs in those cases need a bit of schooling. Over the year it was now "dow up, dow down" but rather Dow sideways due to the King of Debt and Tariff King. Now it is down because of his continuing chaos...he does not inspire confidence.

It may go up in spite of him....or, it may not. Having a loose cannon at the helm is not a good thing for our economy.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:30 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
As recently as two days ago, they were telling us the pre-Christmas crash was because of the blue wave. OK, so they now think the stock market is reacting to the blue wave. If they think the stock market is now reacting to the blue wave, then they have to tell us that today's surge is a reaction to the blue wave as well. Because nothing has changed between two days ago and today.
I rarely agree with you but you hit this one dead on it is almost like 3 stooges logic but it gives us some entertainment.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:31 PM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
The ones gloating are not very bright with money..which is most likely why they vote Democrat.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:32 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
The amount of the drop in such a short span of time was a rare and scary occurrence, whether you will admit it or not. So yeah, we were talking about it, but rest assured, those of us who have 401(k)s were not celebrating. Quite the opposite.

It is you who is playing dumb here. Who, me? YEAH, YOU.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:35 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Let me get this straight. For most of Trump's term, it's been the Obama economy. And starting today, it's the "blue wave" economy. Only the few weeks in between, when it was creeping down, THAT was the brief period of the Trump economy. Am I understanding you now?
Ha, sounds like you've got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies