Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 08:30 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I am a woman.

And I served.

In combat.

I will comment all I want, and there is not thing one you can do about it.
Thank you for your service Ma'am. You say any damn thing you please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2018, 08:38 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Would it kill you to specific where? Is it as thorough as mine? I did a search, by the way, to see if it had been posted, but didn't come up with anything.

How ironic, your thread was just as absent of content as well.

All you have is hearsay, on top of hearsay. This is nothing but anecdotal thoughts from the daughters of a dead doctor, where the daughters are making assumptions as to what they think their father might have said or inferred. It does not get any less factual or sillier than this.

Old 12-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Anybody who was smart enough to avoid the Vietnam-war...gets a big thumbs-up from me.

POTUS-Trump avoided that nasty mess, BIG thumbs-up!!!!!

TBF - No US President has served in Vietnam.

They either escaped it altogether as in the case of Bill Clinton, who even took a Rhodes Scholarship (which Clinton never completed) at Oxford to help escape the draft or they joined the Air National Guard such as George W. Bush. As for Obama he was too young to have served in Vietnam, although he never volunteered for the military or served in any capacity.

So Trump can't exactly be singled out for not serving.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:39 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

They either escaped it altogether as in the case of Bill Clinton, who even took a Rhodes Scholarship (which Clinton never completed) at Oxford to help escape the draft or they joined the Air National Guard such as George W. Bush. As for Obama he was too young to have served in Vietnam, although he never volunteered for the military or served in any capacity.

One thing he can be singled out for is claiming that his years in New York having unprotected sex with hookers and coke whores was his "personal Vietnam". No other president in American history is as repulsive and low-class as Trump.

Old 12-27-2018, 04:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:

He can't be SINGLED out, but he can be called out. We could have elected Kerry, who served. We did elect JFK and Daddy Bush and Carter who have served (and others).

So it is "a thing" - given our history. That is, it is considered a plus.

Trump not only doesn't have that plus, but going for 5 Deferments is probably more than most draft dodgers would have done. After 2 or 3 most would register at least and let the lottery and your health decide.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:51 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,005 times
Saw this article, if it wasnt Trump no legit journalist would run this.
Zero evidence, zero first hand testimony. The doctor is long dead, it relies upon his daughters accounts and shes an admitted anti Trump liberal who says this was family lore and they talked about it all the time.

Really now.

Hey my grandfather used to shoot kittens with JFK. He told me I swear.

Just about as credible.

Oh and Clinton gets a free pass because he was an oxford fellow. So what. Trump was in college too.

Jeez you can smell the partisan bias here.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:55 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Nothing about this provides any information that we didn't already know. Is there anyone, Trump supporters or not, who ever thought that he had any sort of legitimate physical disability? Defects of character, yes.
Hm. Would "physical disability" include the increasing evidence that his brain isn't functioning normally?

I suppose I was willing to think there was a minor physical indisposition that was exaggerated. As another poster said, many people ducked military service however they could. It's only relevant to Trump because - apart from the fact that ideally we'd hope our president would behave better than most, it just fits right into his pattern of endless deception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
We often here from folks on the Left that men should have nothing to say on the abortion issue. In the interests of consistency, I don't want to hear women commenting on military service or lack thereof. They've never been forced into service nor will they ever be subjected to the draft, so just stay quiet on these things altogether. No one wants to hear what you think about which men should have responded to the bell.
Wait a sec. You're declaring that half the population has no right to hold an opinion of an important national subject like military service? Who are you to say that "no one wants to hear" our opinion? Should white people not be allowed to comment on other races? Should middle class people not be allowed to comment about taxes on the wealthy?

Old 12-27-2018, 05:59 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:

Clinton wrote a letter to his senator begging for a scholarship and used the excuse "I loath the military" as the reason. He didn't finish his studies because he was kicked out of school for raping another student.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Clinton wrote a letter to his senator begging for a scholarship and used the excuse "I loath the military" as the reason. He didn't finish his studies because he was kicked out of school for raping another student.
And I'm sure if Clinton was POTUS this would be held against him by some.

Thanks for giving us perspective on why MANY can hold Trumps cowardice against him.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:03 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I am a woman.

And I served.

In combat.

I will comment all I want, and there is not thing one you can do about it.
The point was you had a choice about whether or not to serve. Young men in the Vietnam era did not.
Furthermore you served in a different conflict with a clear mission and objective.
You were not sent against your will to a conflict without a forseeable end, which appeared to have no purpose.
You can comment, but you can still be wrong.
J. Lucier, AQ3 USN 1979-1984:fighter squadron 21 fire control shop USS Coral Sea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies