Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 01:19 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
We don't know whether or not Massey was being loud or quiet. We do know this though:

1. The hotel is downtown in an area with a homeless problem - hence the security guard. Generally speaking, Doubletree guests don't want the lobby to be a flop house for the local homeless population.

2. Massey was dressed very casually and had his feet up on the sofa and was talking on the phone. When he was approached, he did not initially offer any proof that he was a guest - he said in fact that he didn't remember his room number. This could have been avoided had he simply shown his key - which was in a packet, with the room number clearly marked on it. But he didn't do that, and became annoyed quickly and then whipped out his phone and started recording stuff, and yelling and claiming that he was a former FBI agent. (Anyone know anything about that yet? I can't find anything on his Instagram page though I do see TONS of photos of partying going on.)

According to his Instagram page, Massey travels a LOT. A whole lot. Internationally. Apparently to some very expensive locales. He should know how to behave in a Doubletree hotel lobby.

Well you see showing the room key would have been too simple, it also interferes with the lawsuit.

I travel a couple of times a year to Ireland and the UK, have stayed at nice hotels where when you come in at 1am there are two men in nice suits who want to know you're a guest of the hotel, not just wandering in.

Never took offense, it's a safety issue.

And what kind of person puts their feet up on a sofa where people have to sit?

Old 12-28-2018, 01:30 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The article doesn't say that and the video even shows him showing them his card with room number. It never fails that threads like this have people simply making things up.

I have to hope it's the sites attempt at increasing post counts as opposed to the claim of some that the site is full of racists.
He didn’t show it fast enough or show gratitude while avoiding eye contact. Lmao.

If only he showed his key first this would all go differently.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
We don't know whether or not Massey was being loud or quiet. We do know this though:

1. The hotel is downtown in an area with a homeless problem - hence the security guard. Generally speaking, Doubletree guests don't want the lobby to be a flop house for the local homeless population.

2. Massey was dressed very casually and had his feet up on the sofa and was talking on the phone. When he was approached, he did not initially offer any proof that he was a guest - he said in fact that he didn't remember his room number. This could have been avoided had he simply shown his key - which was in a packet, with the room number clearly marked on it. But he didn't do that, and became annoyed quickly and then whipped out his phone and started recording stuff, and yelling and claiming that he was a former FBI agent. (Anyone know anything about that yet? I can't find anything on his Instagram page though I do see TONS of photos of partying going on.)

According to his Instagram page, Massey travels a LOT. A whole lot. Internationally. Apparently to some very expensive locales. He should know how to behave in a Doubletree hotel lobby.
How to behave? good lawd you are working overtime to flip the script on this one.

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
The guy let the situation escalate because he was profiled. Probably didn't want to tell the security guard what room he was staying at, so the guard call the cops. I understand why he would make a big deal about it, but had he been a mature person, he would have cooperated from the beginning and let them be racist without calling attention, he would not have been kicked out of the hotel. He got his minute of fame and proved that racism is alive and well.
Another one.......right in the video you can see him showing them his key card. Racism should be exposed also.

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The article doesn't say that and the video even shows him showing them his card with room number. It never fails that threads like this have people simply making things up.

I have to hope it's the sites attempt at increasing post counts as opposed to the claim of some that the site is full of racists.
People make stuff up?

Quote:
I already linked to other sources that contain more detail about the event. Surely you aren't taking only this one guy's word and a snippet of a video which is started well into the confrontation after things were already "hot" as the only truth in this scenario.
Just look at all the other links that Kathryn posted in this thread to back up her claims.
Wait, before you look at them, could you point them out to me?

Old 12-28-2018, 01:34 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Well you see showing the room key would have been too simple, it also interferes with the lawsuit.

I travel a couple of times a year to Ireland and the UK, have stayed at nice hotels where when you come in at 1am there are two men in nice suits who want to know you're a guest of the hotel, not just wandering in.

Talking to his mommy at 2 am too. (Her time.) Also, I know this is a little point but it's sticking with me - in some accounts he says he had to "take a call from his mom," and in other accounts he says he "called his mom." Either way, 2 am on the east coast where he said he was calling in to her or whatever? I don't know and really I don't care but the accounts he gives do differ so who knows?

Also, he's a newlywed but no mention of his wife being there, and he had just gone to a concert and come in, propped himself up on the sofa with his feet on the sofa in the lobby, and is talking on the phone? Take a look at his Instagram account and all the pictures and comments. I dunno, call me crazy but besides the fact that this guy REALLY likes to drink and take lots of pictures of drinks, he also travels internationally a lot so he really should know how to behave in hotels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Really? Y’all are notorious for putting your feet on everything.

Trumps right hand Kelly crackish had her feet on the couch in the Oval Office.

Quote:
I already linked to other sources that contain more detail about the event. Surely you aren't taking only this one guy's word and a snippet of a video which is started well into the confrontation after things were already "hot" as the only truth in this scenario.
Not here you didn't.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Just look at all the other links that Kathryn posted in this thread to back up her claims.
Wait, before you look at them, could you point them out to me?
No need to. You found them. Or not.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Talking to his mommy at 2 am too. (Her time.) Also, I know this is a little point but it's sticking with me - in some accounts he says he had to "take a call from his mom," and in other accounts he says he "called his mom." Either way, 2 am on the east coast where he said he was calling in to her or whatever? I don't know and really I don't care but the accounts he gives do differ so who knows?

Also, he's a newlywed but no mention of his wife being there, and he had just gone to a concert and come in, propped himself up on the sofa with his feet on the sofa in the lobby, and is talking on the phone? Take a look at his Instagram account and all the pictures and comments. I dunno, call me crazy but besides the fact that this guy REALLY likes to drink and take lots of pictures of drinks, he also travels internationally a lot so he really should know how to behave in hotels.
He also has Geico insurance...

Oh the horror
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies