Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2018, 11:09 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Massey's self-admitted hobby of videoing instances where he feels that black folks are being mistreated, that Massey was probably intentionally inflammatory.
I'm interested in this. do you have a link?

Old 12-31-2018, 11:10 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
Quote:
One time I served on a jury. Wow it was interesting and I learned so much about so many different aspects of the law, as well as life in general. It involved a case of criminal trespass vs possible police brutality. To be honest, I didn't like ANYONE involved in it - not the guy who came into the house, not the woman who let him in,not her enabling weird mother, not the landlord, not the cops, nobody. But I did feel like maybe the cops went a little overboard (everyone was African American in this particular story by the way). So I felt some sympathy for the guy who did come over when he had a restraining order against him, and when the jury convened I said, "I don't know - I hate to find him guilty because I can sort of see where he's coming from, and I do think the police might have overreacted." Thankfully, another guy on the jury said, "Look, we're here to determine if he criminally trespassed. Period. Is he guilty of criminal trespass? Because we don't know really anything else about him at this point, nothing about his history, nothing about events leading up to this - so is he guilty of criminal trespass in this case?" And yes, he was. Reluctantly and with some distaste, I voted that he was guilty and he was found guilty by the court.

And THEN we got to hear the rest of the story, during the sentencing phase. NO WONDER the cops were so put out with him. He had been found guilty of assault, criminal trespass, yada yada yada over and over again - with this same woman in fact, IN THIS SAME APARTMENT COMPLEX. He had outstanding warrants too. But we couldn't hear any of that prior to sentencing. Wow, we were glad when the judge threw the book at him after it was all said and done!
the judge should have stated exactly what a fellow jurist said. The judge did a poor job in instructing the jury.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:21 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,702,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
LOL

I am not going to get into another circular discussion with you on this subject, but for others reading this who have black friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc., most are not devoid of historical knowledge.
The difference between most of them and those who do carry around a chip, is that their present life, dreams, and ambitions are not enhanced by the hate, grievance, and general unpleasantness of carrying such a burden.
They do not expect reparations or special treatment, and wish to get by on their own merit. More importantly they are thankful for being in this country as Americans, and all the opportunities it has to offer all American citizens.

I have wondered one thing recently about you. Does it bother you when you encounter a fellow black person who does not share your anger/resentment of how your ancestors were treated?
I ask because you seem so invested in it, and for those who let it slide off their back as so much water on a ducks feathers, does that gall you?

`

Well....I must not have a chip on my shoulder because I checked the box on nearly every point of your black "friends".

What are the symptoms of anger in writing? #&&?^!%@%$? I would like to know what you can point to from anything that I have posted that can reasonably be construed as anger. This comes down to you not having the ability to KNOW whether I am angry or not, as I have never stated or explicitly expressed or implicitly implied that I am or have been....at least not about race. The last time I remember being really angry it was at cancer for taking a couple of loved ones before their time, recently. I am no longer angry though, just seeking knowledge of how best it can be prevented and or fought. Never have I felt a general anger towards white people. Never. I never have thought ALL whites are racist and I don't even harbor anger at whites who are obvious racist.

That said, I do approach racism like its a cancer, what causes it, how to prevent it, its impact. Racism, to me, has been like radiation, which is cancer causing. Being exposed to such radiation will create more social, cultural, economic, psychological mutations than those not exposed the radiation of racism. This radiations effect to the social, cultural, economic and psychology of those exposed can and is passed down to their offspring, who learn/inherit those traits from their parents and environment, not to mention the radiation that still lingers currently.

Now, what I find is that people who have a different narrative concerning black social, cultural, economic and psychology condition have a HUGE PROBLEM with someone with a Geiger Counter. The Geiger Counter measures the radiation and explains the mutations. People who want to say that the mutations are part of the historical genetic mutations of the race, which makes the race inferior, as opposed to some external element released by society upon a people, are the ones who are angry about what the counter reveals.

You see, absent KNOWING, you have to PROJECT that I am angry. The person that is likely angry is YOU, because something in your conscious or subconscious is seeing anger.....if not mine.....then it must be your own. Maybe your mind thinks that such a history SHOULD or WOULD create anger in people, so you assume that it has for people who talk about that history. I don't know the answer, and I don't know you. What I do know is ME, however, and I am not angry at anyone or race.

The present is the results/consequences/reactions from and to the past. It does not therefore take a rocket scientist to link the black condition today.....to what happened in the past. Yet, people want to dismiss the role of race in the black condition of today. Again, people need and attempt to debit the role of racism in order to credit the role of innate black inferiority. If not by intent....by effect.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 12-31-2018 at 11:50 AM..

Old 12-31-2018, 11:38 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Sure you have.
Not everybody here is a loudmouth bum.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:43 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times
Quote:
I've always said that I felt the manager (if that's who it was who showed up, I believe it was) probably didn't defuse this situation in a professional manner. That being said, there's a big gap in the time line when it comes to witness accounts, and that's "What happened between Massey talking on the phone and Massey starting to video this?" NO ONE is talking about that time frame and that's a very important one.

So - meh - the manager gets fired - maybe he needed to be fired, who knows? I do believe, however, based on what I see on the video and Massey's self-admitted hobby of videoing instances where he feels that black folks are being mistreated, that Massey was probably intentionally inflammatory.
Both the security guard and the night manager were fired by Hilton.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
I've always said that I felt the manager (if that's who it was who showed up, I believe it was) probably didn't defuse this situation in a professional manner. That being said, there's a big gap in the time line when it comes to witness accounts, and that's "What happened between Massey talking on the phone and Massey starting to video this?" NO ONE is talking about that time frame and that's a very important one.

So - meh - the manager gets fired - maybe he needed to be fired, who knows? I do believe, however, based on what I see on the video and Massey's self-admitted hobby of videoing instances where he feels that black folks are being mistreated, that Massey was probably intentionally inflammatory.
any proof this is Massey's hobby or just something cited on a some media outlet?

Old 12-31-2018, 11:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Interesting to see how folks interpret the story.

I've read a few sites and most say that the security guard and manager cite being loud and uncooperative as the reason to get the guest booted. But do we know that for sure. No other witnesses?

And why would the hotel fire the two so quickly if there was evidence to prove that Massey was being belligerent.

The police officers do not claim he was loud....they claim that was what they were told.
The police officers don't charge Massey with anything.

And what if Massey has been a victim of racism before and caught it on tape......does that mean he's creating the situation or does that mean it just exists.

From Massey's phone tape -- he was not loud or beligerent.
Hilton most likely has a tape of the exchange in the lobby -- but we don't know for sure.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:57 AM

10,988 posts, read 20,559,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Sure you have.
Actually, he has. He will not be the last event planner to scratch that hotel off their list.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:23 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,426,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Baked Means View Post
What a Surprise the CD racists always looking to find excuses for racism. It's always the Black person's fault here. Yet these idiots like calling Obama racist. God damn idiots. This forum has the lowest of the low of humanity. Basically bacteria with fingers. Luckily most of you are old and will die soon.
Have your meds run out? Take a deep breath, and think good thoughts. Bless your heart.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:23 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Interesting to see how folks interpret the story.

I've read a few sites and most say that the security guard and manager cite being loud and uncooperative as the reason to get the guest booted. But do we know that for sure. No other witnesses?

And why would the hotel fire the two so quickly if there was evidence to prove that Massey was being belligerent.

The police officers do not claim he was loud....they claim that was what they were told.
The police officers don't charge Massey with anything.

And what if Massey has been a victim of racism before and caught it on tape......does that mean he's creating the situation or does that mean it just exists.

From Massey's phone tape -- he was not loud or beligerent.
Hilton most likely has a tape of the exchange in the lobby -- but we don't know for sure.
The fact that he wasn't charged doesn't mean anything. The hotel never claimed he committed any crimes. If you are asked to leave anyplace and do not, you can be charged with trespassing. He wasn't charged because he complied with the request to leave.

Right now if I went and created a disturbance somewhere, and police were called and I said ok, I will go, and I didn't get charged, it doesn't mean I didn't really make a scene and the venue had no reason to ask me to leave to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies