Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 05:53 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Exactly I have been sick off and on with good days since last Wednesday with a cold and sinus issues and I am hundreds of miles away from the caravan. Nobody is calling the CDC for me...

Well...not yet. But its obvious you're a threat. We should send you back...somewhere. Hey, ever done a 23andme DNA kit? Whats your hereditary composition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 05:55 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Gosh...I hope Trumps CDC checks on you,and all those other travelers too! Because you dont have the answers for that either.

In other words your question was nonense-you're literally making up a boogeyman instead of looking at actual facts. Its like scaring children around the campfire.
Ok, dhs got cdc involved for gags and giggles.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Ok, dhs got cdc involved for gags and giggles.

Actually its more about deflecting criticism for the kids that have died in custody. But hey, you be you.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:04 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
People who fly into our country as tourists do not get vaccinated or a health checkup or a background check or checked for head lice. Depending on where in the country you live, you are many, many times more likely to run into a flu-infected tourist than you are a flu-infected migrant. And no matter where you live, you're exponentially more likely to run into a flu-infected American than a flu-infected migrant. Your children are almost definitely more likely to get head lice from their fellow American preschoolers than from a migrant being held at the border, unless they go to preschool in a migrant holding facility.

People are frightened of the wrong things. It's similar to being afraid to fly when you're much more at risk of getting into a wreck in the car on the way to the airport than you are to have an incident on the plane.
Thing is, it's nothing to do with being frightened. These people shouldn't be trying to get into our country. And if their children die of a cold or the flu, it's not our fault. If they had been at home in their own bed, getting food and rest, they would probably still be alive.

I don't know what America's obligations are to people who are trying to get into the country, whether we're supposed to provide housing, food, medical, or whatever. For true asylum seekers, we should be compassionate. Most of these people are not eligible for asylum though. They just want a better life. Everyone of us wants a better life.

Don't blame border control if a kid dies. A kid who never should have been here in the first place. We are not set up to handle these enormous numbers of people. I hear another caravan is on the way--when does this insanity stop? Democrats are right to not give in to a wall. Get to the root of the problem, whatever is wrong back in their countries, do something about it.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Thing is, it's nothing to do with being frightened. These people shouldn't be trying to get into our country. And if their children die of a cold or the flu, it's not our fault. If they had been at home in their own bed, getting food and rest, they would probably still be alive.
And if we had treated them better they might be still alive too.

Quote:
I don't know what America's obligations are to people who are trying to get into the country, whether we're supposed to provide housing, food, medical, or whatever. For true asylum seekers, we should be compassionate. Most of these people are not eligible for asylum though. They just want a better life. Everyone of us wants a better life.
By law we do have obligations to those seeking asylum. And I agree-many looking for asylum will not qualify. Our obligations are to go through that process, and treat them decently while doing so.

Quote:
Don't blame border control if a kid dies. A kid who never should have been here in the first place. We are not set up to handle these enormous numbers of people. I hear another caravan is on the way--when does this insanity stop? Democrats are right to not give in to a wall. Get to the root of the problem, whatever is wrong back in their countries, do something about it.
We actually dealt with FAR more people in the past, and are absolutely setup for it. We can absolutely do this easily. I do agree though, deal with the root cause of those doing this who are not eligible for asylum. Mandatory e-verify would resolve a lot of the illegal issue, and hiring more judges to more quickly process these people, and return those who do not qualify (the majority), would help keep it from being such a mess.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Actually its more about deflecting criticism for the kids that have died in custody. But hey, you be you.
You cant make this crap up Migrant dies-“Trumps fault” , cdc involved-“deflection”. Portland antifa got a tap for everything.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:22 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times
The DHS did contact the CDC in response to criticism of letting two kids die on their watch.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/26/68034...grant-children

Quote:
In the wake of the death of a second migrant child in U.S. custody within the past two weeks, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen announced on Wednesday the government is calling on several federal agencies to help U.S. Customs and Border Protection implement a host of new directives intended to improve how it cares for children and adults held in federal facilities.

"In response to the unprecedented surge of children into our custody, I have directed a series of extraordinary protective measures," Nielsen said in a statement.
Quote:
Additionally, Nielsen said, "I have personally engaged with the Centers for Disease Control to request that their experts investigate the uptick in sick children crossing our borders and identify additional steps hospitals along the border should be undertaking to prepare for and to treat these children."

Old 12-28-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You cant make this crap up Migrant dies-“Trumps fault” , cdc involved-“deflection”. Portland antifa got an *** for everything.

Yawn. Apparently the topic is too hard for you with someone providing facts. So far you've made up claims that they carry disease, only to have it pointed out that they are generally immunized better then US citizens. Then you tried to use some virus that they "might" have....only to have it pointed out that the US is the source of the VAST majority of it.

All you have is fear, and deflection. Its just old. *I* could represent your view 1,000 times better, so come on. Try finding some actual facts better then spreading fear, or claiming imagined threats.

And then you call me things like "Portland antifa" which is pretty nasty as I am not. I don't go around calling you right wing nazi (something which i pretty sure you arent-we just disagree about politics here). Its rude. Try and represent some facts instead of your fear mongering.

Old 12-28-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Yawn. Apparently the topic is too hard for you with someone providing facts. So far you've made up claims that they carry disease, only to have it pointed out that they are generally immunized better then US citizens. Then you tried to use some virus that they "might" have....only to have it pointed out that the US is the source of the VAST majority of it.

All you have is fear, and deflection. Its just old. *I* could represent your view 1,000 times better, so come on. Try finding some actual facts better then spreading fear, or claiming imagined threats.

And then you call me things like "Portland antifa" which is pretty nasty as I am not. I don't go around calling you right wing nazi (something which i pretty sure you arent-we just disagree about politics here). Its rude. Try and represent some facts instead of your fear mongering.
And cdc is a deflection. We get it

Old 12-28-2018, 06:28 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
It's cold and flu season. Of course people are going to be sick with colds and the flu.

The rest looks like a whole lot of fearmongering. Head lice OMG!! HIV?? Nobody here in the USA has HIV!! The typhus cases (all dozen of them) seem to have stemmed from the large homeless population in L.A., not from the migrants who were not anywhere near the border when it started. Maybe you could donate money to causes that help the homeless or go volunteer yourself! That would be more productive and helpful than posting conspiracy theory website articles.

Millions of people from nearly every country on earth visit the United States. Some of them carry in illnesses. Best thing to do is make sure you're vaccinated. You could hunker down in your house, lock your door, and cling to your gun, but that isn't going to give you any quality of life. The only thing to fear is fear itself and all that.
Maybe you can bring 20-30 into your home and nurse them back to health.

I hope your vaccinations are up to date, theirs aren't.. Er, none of em are vaccinated.

Typhoid and cholera aren't too bad once you get used to them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies