Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 06:54 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,245,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Heck the latest acronym for the all the sexual deviancy is now LGBTIQQCAPGNGFNBA.
Sadly, I am not joking.
But what you’re referring to was a joke that triggered some ‘conservative’ media personalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 06:56 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I am not that old and I've had people tell me that being with a white woman (I am Asian) was repulsive and unnatural.... Heck... Some say we looked weird because she is a couple inches taller than I.

There is always someone who will object to others choices in life. It's there right... But they don't get to impose those views on others.
Unlike Liberal/Progressives I am not saying to BAN IT. I just look away, and ignore them.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:30 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh lordy. Please do some research into the connection between hormones and homosexuality. There are many scientific articles out there to research. Can you tell me at which point you woke up one morning and decided to be heterosexual? Or was it not a choice? If it wasn't a choice than why would it be a choice for homosexuals to be homosexuals?

Your ignorance breeds hate and hate makes good people do bad things. This country will never be 1950's again. It evolves and changes just like everything else in life. The face of our country is changing and nothing will stop it. Maybe it's better to accept and respect differences and find the good instead of demonizing young people for having a different world view point. I remember my parents reactions to Elvis and the Beatles and how it would be the downfall of our country. It's laughable now, just as your hate will fade away and be replaced by enlightened, educated opinions.

These millennial's will be taking care of us and our country in the next 15 to 20 years. One size does not fit all and I bet that we will have a kinder gentler nation when they take over and this misguided generation ceases to be.

America is different than it was 40 years ago, and it will be different in another 40 years after that. I just hope I live long enough to see all people who were born different stop being treated like second class citizens and are free to live the way they were born to be. Hate is a cancer of the soul.
What is a 2nd class citizen in America? What rights are these gay sailors not receiving?

And If you have any recollection of how the older generation of the 50's and 60's reacted to Elvis and the Beatles then whether you realize it or not, you are a part of the generation that you want to die off.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:18 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
They have a right to live the life they choose just as those around them have a right not to care for their choice. Freedom is a double edged sword.

That's a nice bumper sticker slogan, but the truth is we all get dragged into this because social engineering cannot co-exist with differing opinions, i.e., "intolerance."

There is no rational reason for the state to impose the rights and responsibilities of marriage on non-heterosexual couples.

To deliberately conflate same-sex marriage with the marriage of a traditional male-female couple, as the state does, is Orwellian.

It is a deliberate attack on common sense and the concept of normalcy that exists solely for the purpose of disallowing freedom of thought.

Old 01-03-2019, 11:16 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,550 times
Who cares? Let people live their lives the way they want, as long as they aren't hurting anyone. Just mind ya business. Why is that so hard for people to do?

Old 01-04-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Who cares? Let people live their lives the way they want, as long as they aren't hurting anyone. Just mind ya business. Why is that so hard for people to do?
I would agree but this practice is cheapening (hurting) the original photograph.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:54 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You can be "Born Different", and still be respectful to others people's beliefs, and not rub it in their face.
That’s not what drives their mental disorder. Craving attention and shocking people to get it are just symptoms along with other things.

What’s wrong is still wrong no matter what this idiotic society decides week by week.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:30 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I would agree but this practice is cheapening (hurting) the original photograph.
No. It's not at all. Nice try.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:32 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

What’s wrong is still wrong no matter what this idiotic society decides week by week.
Agreed. Being homophobic is wrong.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
No. It's not at all. Nice try.
Yes, it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies