Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 11:55 PM

15,697 posts, read 9,457,137 times

Advertisements

I've got a lot to be concerned about. What two consenting adults do with one another is not among them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 02:07 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,471,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yeah, that's the bottom line. Most agree that men should be allowed to kiss each other but hardly anyone wants to see it.
As opposed to anyone "wanting" to see random straight couples kissing and PDA? No.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:03 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,510,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Many are open-minded about having homos do what they like in the privacy of their own dwellings. That said this was purposeful by publicly imitating iconic heteros in the same fashion. Many people find it repulsive and disgusting to see.
But I guess only liberals/leftists must be protected from things that "trigger them".
This was likely an activist stunt just to stir the pot and try to put unnatural homo affection in public by imitating natural hetero affection.
The homo activists are no longer satisfied with the ability to live as they choose, and now demand public acceptance of their deviant behavior.

As is with liberals malcontent natures, they will push the homo and tranny stuff too far, and there will be a backlash over it. Heck the latest acronym for the all the sexual deviancy is now LGBTIQQCAPGNGFNBA.
Sadly, I am not joking.

`
Sounds like you need a kiss bro.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
This thread is exactly the reason why my husband and I don't show PDA at all. We've been together for 6 years, which is a lot longer than a lot of straight couples we know. We absolutely don't want to draw any attention or appear on the 6 ocklock news. Too many straight homophobic people with snowflake attitude about this.
Your choice but, hiding subtle expressions of affection because it might offend others only perpetuates the problem. If more gay folks were comfortable expressing their affection appropriately it would cease to be abnormal” to so many who claim to be repulsed by it.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yeah, that's the bottom line. Most agree that men should be allowed to kiss each other but hardly anyone wants to see it.
Too bad. Life can be unsettling sometimes.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:14 AM

9,451 posts, read 10,749,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It was a far better country with a much higher class of citizens when the first kiss occurred. It’s not comparable at all.
I wish we could restore the 20th century values (pre 90s). I agree we were a far better country when it was generally accepted that homosexuality was a perversion. The millennials have pushed this trash so hard that we see it everywhere. The millennials themselves are a trash generation, they have dragged this country into the gutter with their filth. What they believe in will destroy this nation if it’s ever fully implemented. All we can do is speak against what is going on and wait for the time when we need to be ready to take strong action to restore this good nation to what it once was.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post
Definitely a few vocal closet cases in here.

I’m thinking these graduates of gay conversion camps just need to avoid these types of discussions for awhile.

Just. Remain. Silent.
In spite of what moder PC has taught and the attempts to silence conservative and Christians voices you are wrong. In the United States of America no one needs to “be silent”. This is not soviet Russia or Nazi Germany

Old 12-30-2018, 07:20 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
They have a right to live the life they choose just as those around them have a right not to care for their choice.
We are at a point where the rest of us do NOT have the right to reject their choices. We just have to tolerate it, or pay the price.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:36 AM

6,389 posts, read 4,094,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Your choice but, hiding subtle expressions of affection because it might offend others only perpetuates the problem. If more gay folks were comfortable expressing their affection appropriately it would cease to be abnormal” to so many who claim to be repulsed by it.
It is a myth that most gays are confrontational. But in reality, most of us absolutely don't want to draw attention to ourselves and just want to live in peace. We know plenty of gay couples like us who don't show PDA. Any chance of trouble we will simply get up and leave. The gays you see who make a scene only make up a small minority of us.

Look at it this way. We have a lot to lose. I'm a professional engineer and husband is a PR pro. We both work in huge multi-national corporations. We own a home, have 3 dogs, 2 cars, go on yearly vacations, etc. We host events often at our home. We are starting up our own company. In other words, why in the world would we want to jeopardize all of what we have earned to have a 15 minutes of fame on the internet?

If we got chosen to kiss for that photo, we would have turned it down. Let other people be heros. We just want to live our lives in peace. Especially now when snowflake homophobic conservatives came out of the woods, we are not particularly thrilled to be in any kind of public light.

Edit.

In Feb, we will be in Cancun for the week of valentines. We asked both the booking agent and the resort directly if there will be any problem with a same sex couple like us. They made it clear to us that they don't care what we are as long as they get our business.

Too bad places like Jamaica have made it clear they don't want our business. There's one thing we really like and that's go on vacations. We are willing to spend top dollars to have a good time. We will be flying first class down to Cancun and stay at a 5 star resort in an ocean front 1100 sqft suite. Don't know why some places put their homophobia before business. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited by MetroWord; 12-30-2018 at 07:46 AM..

Old 12-30-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We are at a point where the rest of us do NOT have the right to reject their choices. We just have to tolerate it, or pay the price.
What a terrifying idea that someone could dictate us what we are to believe in or not believe in. If the left ever takes full power I am sure part of that will be a law enforcement arm of the government that makes sure the politically incorrect “pay the price”. Before that I pray that the sensible Americans rise up and fight for our freedoms and restore this nation. I truly cannot believe the things I hear Americans actually say these days. What happened to freedom of speech and respecting your oppositions right to speak their mind? The fact that people in this very thread believe in silencing those who oppose homosexuality is proof that our core freedoms are in danger. You must realize that at least half the nation does not approve of homosexuality right?

I can’t believe this is really the same America I grew up in. How on earth was this country’s values and politics changed so much in such a shor period of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies