Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 10:46 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I am a states rights conservative. I believe the SC was wrong and those states had a right to regulate sexual behavior through law. However we must remember that those laws were really not being enforce and they were always tough to enforce. They had become more of a statement of values than something that could get a man put in jail.

Having said that I have mixed feelings about those laws. A statement of values I support but regulating peoples private sexual behavior is not something I support. My view is such that what is done in your private bedroom is your business as long as it does not endanger or victimize someone else. I guess that means I don’t support those types of laws even though I recognize the states right to have them.
This is a very typical answer from right wing homophobes I have heard over the years.

Let me ask you this. Since those laws were hard to enforce, is it OK if we come up with a law that forbids all conservatives from touching a penis, even if it is their own? Why not? Such a law would be incredibly hard to enforce, right?

By the way, how did you think there was a case that went all the way to the USSC in the first place? There was a no knock police raid at the wrong address in Texas. They found a couple guys having sex. They arrested them anyway and prosecuted them under the state's sodomy law at the time. Those guys were facing years in state prison.

I think you are trying really hard to not appear homophobic while sharing your homophobic views. Good try.

I've been gay all my life, so I have already encountered all the tricks that homophobes have up their sleeves while they try to inch along the line. This is why we don't show PDA. It is more for our safety from people like you than anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 10:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It was a far better country with a much higher class of citizens when the first kiss occurred. It’s not comparable at all.
Yeah, grabbing and kissing strangers on the street is definitely classier than kissing your lawfully wedded spouse.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:03 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yeah, grabbing and kissing strangers on the street is definitely classier than kissing your lawfully wedded spouse.

well, I think both are good.

fake outrage is fake outrage. Nothing wrong with grabbing a random stranger and kiss her to celebrate the end of a bloody war. Doubt people back then were so uptight.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

fake outrage is fake outrage. Nothing wrong with grabbing a random stranger and kiss her to celebrate the end of a bloody war. Doubt people back then were so uptight.
Blacks also had to drink out of separate fountains than whites. So... If that's your idea of being a better time... Dare I say you are racist?

Old 12-30-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Blacks also had to drink out of separate fountains than whites. So... If that's your idea of being a better time... Dare I say you are racist?
Here we go again.

So I said, both pictures are good, fake outrage is fake outrage, means I am a racist now?

just stop it

Just because you are a gay man, doesn't mean you have the right to run around accusing everybody being a racist, sheesh. Some of us are not really afraid of you especially when we did not do anything wrong. Just saying.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The problem is liberals see oppression everywhere. We reject their thin skinned easily offended society. The freedom of speech of all is more important than a few offended minorities. I would like to know where this oppression is? Are people being denied housing because of race? Are people being kept from jobs or arrested for being black? gay? Mexican? Is anyone being persecuted? The answe is no they are not. Really what is going on is the demonization of white people, Christians and men. What all this is about is forcing people to believe in the left wing view of social issues or compelling them with threats to be silent. This is unacceptable. If this is your change then we stand ready to oppose it. I believe in America not this crazy leftist version of it. Freedom is worth fighting for.
That you believe the answer to these questions is “no” shows a level of ignorance that is pretty astounding.
Yeah, you keep believing that equality for all can only mean persecution for the majority.

We get that fear of losing that privilege is what motivates those who believe as you do and that your idea of “freedom” only means freedom of thought and action for those who believe what you believe.

Sorry but segregation of any/every kind is not coming back.
The Bill of Rights applies to ALL Americans not just your selected few.

As for the OP, I think the picture is beautiful.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:

If you’re suggesting that men had more freedom back then to assault women with impunity, then yes, that would be correct.
Have to say, I’ve not heard someone refer to respecting personal boundaries as being “uptight” for a very long time.
Sad to see that attitude is making a comeback.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
If you’re suggesting that men had more freedom back then to assault women with impunity, then yes, that would be correct.
Have to say, I’ve not heard someone refer to respecting personal boundaries as being “uptight” for a very long time.
Sad to see that attitude is making a comeback.
well, If you think that picture = sexually assaulting women, then yes, you are uptight.

Did the nurse complain? You expected her to join the ridiculous "me too" movement? lol

The nurse's own words

“I felt that he was very strong. He was just holding me tight. I'm not sure about the kiss... it was just somebody celebrating,” Friedman told Redmond. "It wasn't a romantic event. It was just an event of 'thank god the war is over.'”

Some have called it documentation of a sexual assault, and while Friedman reportedly did not view it that way, she understood that reading of the moment,

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...Gdk3TMZi04l.99

Only a damn fool would believe that has anything to do with romance or sexual assault. sheesh.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Here we go again.

So I said, both pictures are good, fake outrage is fake outrage, means I am a racist now?

just stop it

Just because you are a gay man, doesn't mean you have the right to run around accusing everybody being a racist, sheesh. Some of us are not really afraid of you especially when we did not do anything wrong. Just saying.
You people have been crying about losing your free speech. I'm a huge supporter of free speech. You should be happy that I have the right to call you racist.

Oh, I'm sorry, you mean you only support free speech for homophobic and racist conservatives, is that it?

Old 12-30-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
You people have been crying about losing your free speech. I'm a huge supporter of free speech. You should be happy that I have the right to call you racist.

Oh, I'm sorry, you mean you only support free speech for homophobic and racist conservatives, is that it?
I think you need to relax and LEARN to follow the dialogue at least.

My post has zero to do with freedom of speech. Your post however, is totally off topic and has nothing to do with my post.

Again, just because you can run around calling everybody racist does not make your argument stronger.

It is about conservatism and freedom of speech now? Oh lord! Can you be more dramatic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies