Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 11:31 AM

18,748 posts, read 11,727,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I wish we could restore the 20th century values (pre 90s). I agree we were a far better country when it was generally accepted that homosexuality was a perversion. The millennials have pushed this trash so hard that we see it everywhere. The millennials themselves are a trash generation, they have dragged this country into the gutter with their filth. What they believe in will destroy this nation if it’s ever fully implemented. All we can do is speak against what is going on and wait for the time when we need to be ready to take strong action to restore this good nation to what it once was.
Oh lordy. Please do some research into the connection between hormones and homosexuality. There are many scientific articles out there to research. Can you tell me at which point you woke up one morning and decided to be heterosexual? Or was it not a choice? If it wasn't a choice than why would it be a choice for homosexuals to be homosexuals?

Your ignorance breeds hate and hate makes good people do bad things. This country will never be 1950's again. It evolves and changes just like everything else in life. The face of our country is changing and nothing will stop it. Maybe it's better to accept and respect differences and find the good instead of demonizing young people for having a different world view point. I remember my parents reactions to Elvis and the Beatles and how it would be the downfall of our country. It's laughable now, just as your hate will fade away and be replaced by enlightened, educated opinions.

These millennial's will be taking care of us and our country in the next 15 to 20 years. One size does not fit all and I bet that we will have a kinder gentler nation when they take over and this misguided generation ceases to be.

America is different than it was 40 years ago, and it will be different in another 40 years after that. I just hope I live long enough to see all people who were born different stop being treated like second class citizens and are free to live the way they were born to be. Hate is a cancer of the soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 11:36 AM

6,389 posts, read 4,086,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think you need to relax and LEARN to follow the dialogue at least.

My post has zero to do with freedom of speech. Your post however, is totally off topic and has nothing to do with my post.

Again, just because you can run around calling everybody racist does not make your argument stronger.

It is about conservatism and freedom of speech now? Oh lord! Can you be more dramatic?
Dang, only a racist would be reacting so strongly about being called a racist.

It is all about free speech. Conservatives have been arguing for a long time that oppressing gays is free speech. That's why they organize whole busloads of people from churches to vote against gay rights.

Anyway, you are indeed a racist and apparently a homophobe as well. Free speech works both ways, not just whatever conservatives want it to mean. You guys want us to go back into the closet. We ought to be able to call you guys racist and homophobic.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:43 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,463,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

It is all about free speech. Conservatives have been arguing for a long time that oppressing gays is free speech. That's why they organize whole busloads of people from churches to vote against gay rights.

Anyway, you are indeed a racist and apparently a homophobe as well. Free speech works both ways, not just whatever conservatives want it to mean. You guys want us to go back into the closet. We ought to be able to call you guys racist and homophobic.
Wow. Dramatic.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:43 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,613,456 times
Quote:
well, If you think that picture = sexually assaulting women, then yes, you are uptight.

Did the nurse complain? You expected her to join the ridiculous "me too" movement? lol

The nurse's own words

“I felt that he was very strong. He was just holding me tight. I'm not sure about the kiss... it was just somebody celebrating,” Friedman told Redmond. "It wasn't a romantic event. It was just an event of 'thank god the war is over.'”

Some have called it documentation of a sexual assault, and while Friedman reportedly did not view it that way, she understood that reading of the moment,

Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...Gdk3TMZi04l.99

Only a damn fool would believe that has anything to do with romance or sexual assault. sheesh.
Trying to justify it now, are we?

I am not going to waste my time trying to educate someone who believes that the #metoo movement is ridiculous.
If you cannot sense ambivalence in the nurse’s statement, well...

Suffice it to say that once upon a time women accepted that they were routinely going to be treated as objects by men and now, for the most part, they don’t.
It’s a good thing.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:53 AM

38,983 posts, read 27,373,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Trying to justify it now, are we?

I am not going to waste my time trying to educate someone who believes that the #metoo movement is ridiculous.
If you cannot sense ambivalence in the nurse’s statement, well...

Suffice it to say that once upon a time women accepted that they were routinely going to be treated as objects by men and now, for the most part, they don’t.
It’s a good thing.
Trying to justify what?

She said it herself. She understood the emotion, that is it. No more/less.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

Same can be said about you. Hey, words are cheap. I can say the same thing about you.

Like I told you in another thread, please work it out with your parents. Not every Christian or conservative is like your parents. I will leave it at that. "us guys" or "my guys" do not care if you are a gay man, you need to get over yourself.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Wow. Dramatic.
Haha, 2003 wasn't that long ago. Conservatives fought tooth and nail to keep sodomy laws in the books. And now all of a sudden we are suppose to pretend it never happened?

Old 12-30-2018, 11:56 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,421,157 times
I blame it on the Outrage Culture put for by the MSM and Hollywood.

Too many of the easily influenced have fallen for it.

If two women want to kiss each other, that's their business.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Same can be said about you. Hey, words are cheap. I can say the same thing about you.
Go for it. I will never forgive the blacks and Hispanics for turning against us with prop 8. Them and their religion. There, you can use that against me. This is why I don't support the BLM movement. Why should I when they turned against us when we needed them? I encourage my gay bros to not support the back stabbing blacks.

Added by edit.

No homo btw.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I blame it on the Outrage Culture put for by the MSM and Hollywood.

Too many of the easily influenced have fallen for it.

If two women want to kiss each other, that's their business.
I agree with this.

I think people are addicted to fake outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies