Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 07:49 AM

34,133 posts, read 18,385,442 times

Advertisements

Magazine capacity restrictions are an OBVIOUS INFRINGEMENT on GUN RIGHTS. All these State laws are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 08:18 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,369,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Yes. Fundamentally, the state should give due consideration to the right to bear arms. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; the freedom to own a gun is justified by all three. The right not to be killed by some random wacko is also justifiable on the basis of all three. The challenge is creating legislation the seeks a happy balance, and to strive for political discourse that does not seek to demonize the inclinations of the other side.
The Supreme Court has ruled that Law Enforcement, the State legislature nor the federal government, have any responsibility to protect you from harm, or aggression from others.
They have ruled that it is you, the individual, that is responsible for your own self preservation.
The State is only there to take notes, to see if it was justified, based upon their feelings.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:23 AM

36,933 posts, read 18,816,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
We need more people like this. No compliance with stupid evil laws:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-state-police/
America is a wonderful place. Everyone can decide individually whether or not they want to be criminals.

As soon as one of those magazines shows up in public, it will be confiscated and someone will go to jail for five years. That's how laws work.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:37 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,820,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Two reasons.

1) By not pumping, allows for thousands of jobs

2) Weather related is obvious

The so-called cost savings by pumping our gas is BS.

Where I live I can choose to go to full serve or self serve, granted full serve are not as prevalent but that is something the market decided.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:38 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,820,449 times
I'd imagine the vast majority of them either sold them or have plans to sell them.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:53 AM

50,075 posts, read 46,640,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I lived in NJ for 27 years and can assure more of those not familiar that Gun Culture is not a thing. Not at all.

This is not to say that some people don't own guns...or don't hunt. They do. I have plenty of friends with old guns hanging on the wall (they work) and who go deer hunting for a week per year.

But in my 27 years in NJ I never ONCE saw a firearm in public nor have I heard or overhead anyone talking about guns.....in the public or private sphere. My wife as in politics there and I never heard the work even in campaigns.....

That's NJ. So I'd suggest Gun Nutters not hold it up as some example...since it's probably the wrong one.
(77% of guns used in crime came from Gun Nutter States - out of NJ).
(NJ Gun Violence, even being a crowded urban state, is vastly lower than states like FL. or TX- 50% less).

In 27 years there - raising a family - I never once feel even the slight need to "protect myself or my family" - which was born out by the fact that not a single random murder occurred in my town or nearby (10's of thousands of people) in those decades. Wow....pretty dang safe, IMHO.
oh please, I've got plenty of jersey friends and family that hunt and/or shoot. They ignore the stupid laws that aren't enforceable just like we do here in CA. Jersey still has hundreds of thousands of hunters.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:57 AM

The mag ban law here was removed because they knew it was unconstitutional to steal people's stuff without compensation.

A regular mag holds 30 rounds. The jersey law will eventually suffer that same fate and that's why no one is turning anything in. That and it is just stupid.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
America is a wonderful place. Everyone can decide individually whether or not they want to be criminals.

As soon as one of those magazines shows up in public, it will be confiscated and someone will go to jail for five years. That's how laws work.
Except they won't, at most they'll confiscate it. Just like all the previous toothless laws. All my cop friends just laugh when asked if they would enforce it. Hell no they won't.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:49 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,387,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Supreme Court has ruled that Law Enforcement, the State legislature nor the federal government, have any responsibility to protect you from harm, or aggression from others.
They have ruled that it is you, the individual, that is responsible for your own self preservation.
The State is only there to take notes, to see if it was justified, based upon their feelings.
The Constitution also says in its Supremacy Clause that federal laws are the supreme law of the land, and ultimately trump state laws, where a conflict exists.

It is incumbent upon our government (at the local, county, state, federal levels) to create laws that seek to respect this balance of liberties. The rights of gun owners to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; and the rights of society to same.

If New Jersey's law is deemed to un-Constitutionally impede upon the rights of gun owners at the expense of Constitutionally guaranteed interests of the wider society, then that ruling should be respected. That's how the system works.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:23 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,749,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Two reasons.

1) By not pumping, allows for thousands of jobs

2) Weather related is obvious

The so-called cost savings by pumping our gas is BS.
Oh suck it up with the weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies