Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2018, 04:22 PM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Don't get pious with me. Every minute, every hour and every day someone is pulling some illegal act in the name of the almighty dollar. More than a few are wearing suits and ties in well appointed offices and are doing so right under your nose with far great impact on your checkbook than anyone coming in south of the border. Believe me, you don't have any superior skills of deducing crime because you can tell the difference between a Latino and a Caucasian.

And all of them are crooks also! Where did I state otherwise? Any illegal activity will impact much of our society in a negative way including the negative impact of illegal immigration so stop trying to play that part down.

WTH does your last sentence even mean? I have no idea WTH you are even talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 05:02 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And all of them are crooks also! Where did I state otherwise? Any illegal activity will impact much of our society in a negative way including the negative impact of illegal immigration so stop trying to play that part down.

WTH does your last sentence even mean? I have no idea WTH you are even talking about.
You appear to have a significant comprehension issue. When I said "More than a few are wearing suits and ties in well appointed offices" it wasn't a reference to appointed officials, it means bankers, real estate developers, retail executives, tech titans and all other manner of 'captains of industry' that have well appointed offices.

Now, go take a nap but before you do please put me on your ignore list. Thx

Old 12-29-2018, 05:05 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
the border should have been closed years ago, hope this happens.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:10 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
I see, so we should promote and accept unlawfulness all in the name of economy?

Like accepting murderous scumbags because they buy weapons and NYC apartments?

Quote:
Funny, how we survived just fine before millions of illegal aliens flooded our border.

Not really, I had a high school classmate in the late '60s whose uncle owned orange groves in AZ. Every year at harvest time eyes were conveniently averted while workers with no papers crossed the border to work the harvest. This is far from a new issue.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:13 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Actually, as the head of the executive branch, he can close the border. Whether he can close all borders, is another question. But as long as you can leave by airplane in say Minneapolis for Mexico City, he is on reasonably solid ground.

Based on the no travel rules against Cuba that were in place for decades by executive order, he could do far more in far different ways.

The notion that Trump is some petulant child is, honestly, childish. This is the result of the last 40 years of administrations not solving rampant illegal immigration.

If so, there's really no need for a wall, is there?

Old 12-29-2018, 06:22 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Don't get pious with me. Every minute, every hour and every day someone is pulling some illegal act in the name of the almighty dollar. More than a few are wearing suits and ties in well appointed offices and are doing so right under your nose with far great impact on your checkbook than anyone coming in south of the border. Believe me, you don't have any superior skills of deducing crime because you can tell the difference between a Latino and a Caucasian.

I agree. Money comes first, laws second. This is clear from the fact that banks can launder billions of dollars to drug cartels and other illegal activities. But you can be put away for a long time for carrying a small back of drugs.

More illegal immigration is just another example. Companies go to places where labor is cheap. Apple is leaving China to go to India to make their phones. But that's not good enough now, just bring them all to pay the wages they want to pay. Pillaging around the world is topping off, USA is next.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:28 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Too bad he does not have the authority to do so.
He certainly does if he feels by it remaining open, it presents a threat to the nation.
Best you start reading the constitution, or at least take a class in civics.

Bob.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:31 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The US and Mexico trade about 700 billion dollars in goods and services annually. Texas alone sells nearly 100 billion worth of products to Mexico. Mexico provides 25 billion in food to the US. Mexico is a primary source of fresh produce for us. Anyone who has ever been to a border checkpoint has seen the semis lined up for miles bringing things north and south. Such a move would be devastating to the US economy. Trump, as we all know is an idiot but even he is probably not dumb enough to shut down trade for this monument to himself.
I am curious about your statements.
Just what products do we sell to Mexico?

Bob.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:37 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Just what products do we sell to Mexico?
https://www.ustradenumbers.com/country/mexico/

U.S. exports to Mexico:
  • Gasoline, other fuels rose 43.55 percent compared to last year to $22.91 billion.
  • Motor vehicle parts rose 6.61 percent compared to last year to $14.34 billion.
  • Computer parts rose 9.32 percent compared to last year to $9.53 billion.
  • Low value shipments rose 10.43 percent compared to last year to $6.22 billion.
  • Computer chips rose 13.64 percent compared to last year to $5.9 billion.

Old 12-29-2018, 06:50 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Yes we sell them the parts to build the products that they sell back to us at 2x the price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies