Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it time to end the war on drugs?
Hell no. These things are killing our people, poisoning our communities, harming our families and hurting our country. 11 20.75%
No. I wish it were, but the costs are well more than the benefits. We must find a way to fix this. 1 1.89%
Yes, we have wasted hundreds of billions on this war and all we do is lose. Time to surrender. 23 43.40%
Hell yes. If people want to get high and kill themselves, they should be free to do that. 15 28.30%
Other {Explain below} 3 5.66%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 06:48 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
THAT is all due to the DEA.

Cant have the pharma companies profiting from recreational drug use, that is the cartels turf, the DEA helped create laws which benefit the drug cartels, they are in bed together, and rely on each other.
You constantly preach that the DEA are in bed with the cartels. Serious question. How do you know that? Do you have information to back up your claims?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true but I can't believe it unless I can review some evidence supporting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 06:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You constantly preach that the DEA are in bed with the cartels. Serious question. How do you know that? Do you have information to back up your claims?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true but I can't believe it unless I can review some evidence supporting it.
Ever hear of Ollie North?

https://theintercept.com/2018/05/12/...a-iran-contra/

CIA Reagan White House, Military, etc.

How about Panama?
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKBN18Q0NW

Old 12-29-2018, 08:04 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,538 times
No. Please no. I cannot even imagine what never ending money cycle (lawyers, fines, prisons, rehabs, etc.) would replace the war on drugs. What once ( I assume) started out as a noble idea morphed into a huge business ... from law enforsement to rehab centers and everthing in between. What would fill that hole? I have no idea, but I know we would find something. With the best intentions, without a doubt.

Old 12-29-2018, 10:43 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
No. Please no. I cannot even imagine what never ending money cycle (lawyers, fines, prisons, rehabs, etc.) would replace the war on drugs. What once ( I assume) started out as a noble idea morphed into a huge business ... from law enforsement to rehab centers and everthing in between. What would fill that hole? I have no idea, but I know we would find something. With the best intentions, without a doubt.
Unbelievable. We have a HUGE, corrupt money wheel, churning away, being fueled by The War On Drugs, yet you see just the opposite. Wow.

I think this expresses how the gap dividing the sides on this issue is too large to ever be bridged. The brainwashing is just too complete.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:25 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The war on drugs is not predminately against users, but rather against distributors. Pretty much all civilized states now have special 'drug courts' for the purpose of trying to rehabilitate users and keep them out of jail, and also out of the grave. The rest of the states would be well advised to implement these special 'drug courts' this year.
Most of the time, the low and mid level dealers are users themselves, and only get into selling, as a way to feed their own habit.

I have more respect for drug dealers than I do for law enforcement or DEA though, at least the drug dealers are refusing to comply with an unconstitutional law, law enforcement claim they are 'just doing their jobs' when they pursue dealers and users, but we all know how that excuse never works out too well!

Old 12-30-2018, 05:20 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
If we ended the war on drugs, we would go into a depression.
Think how many would be out of a job and not needed.
I don't agree. The economic drain of paying for the entire War on Drugs apparatus is great than the cost of providing jobs. Government should not be an employment agency, as it really doesn't benefit our economy.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:22 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Unbelievable. We have a HUGE, corrupt money wheel, churning away, being fueled by The War On Drugs, yet you see just the opposite. Wow.

I think this expresses how the gap dividing the sides on this issue is too large to ever be bridged. The brainwashing is just too complete.
What in the heck are you talking about? You said nothing that I did not say ... a big corrupt monetary pit called the war on drugs. My point, somehow missed by you, is that I am concerned what will replace the war on drugs if it were to dissapear. To assume that the end of the war on drugs would simply end the "corrupt money wheel" is like burying you head in the sand. Just look at our military budget for proof of this. We need no world war to spend like drunk sailors on leave ( no offense to sailors, or drunks).
The war on drugs is taking care of itself ... as the white hairs leave office, and more can no longer find their way to polling places. Relax Francis.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:01 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
What in the heck are you talking about? You said nothing that I did not say ... a big corrupt monetary pit called the war on drugs. My point, somehow missed by you, is that I am concerned what will replace the war on drugs if it were to dissapear. To assume that the end of the war on drugs would simply end the "corrupt money wheel" is like burying you head in the sand. Just look at our military budget for proof of this. We need no world war to spend like drunk sailors on leave ( no offense to sailors, or drunks).
The war on drugs is taking care of itself ... as the white hairs leave office, and more can no longer find their way to polling places. Relax Francis.
The question was "Is it time to end The War On Drugs?". The opening line in your reply was "No. Please no.". I read the rest of your post from that point of view, and concluded you are a drug warrior.

That is what the heck I am talking about. Please try to be more clear.

Every single day The War On Drugs drags on more people are harmed. Lives are lost, careers are ruined, families are destroyed, homes and cars are forfeited. We need to be proactive in stopping it. Letting it "take care of itself" is not a good plan.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post

Look at the facts...

They made sure to crack down hard on pharma companies and doctors that gave out 'too much' opioid medicine...

Making prescription drugs harder to obtain benefited the drug cartels in a huge way, now, all those former pill addicts hand their cash over to the heroin dealer, which makes it way back to mexico.

I would be very upset and outraged if I owned a pharma company, watch govt create new laws that make my product tough to legally obtain, and then watch these same laws benefit a criminal organization to the degree they have (we have numerous cities and states with major heroin epidemics, this means ALOT of heroin is being sold).

I think if some investigative journalists were to dig deep into the DEA and other narco LE, they would find serious collusion, its almost out in the open, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see how well the drug cartels are doing these days and how much money they are raking in, all thanks to the DEA cracking down on prescription opioids.

Isnt that a type of treason, when a govt agency creates laws to benefit a criminal or terrorist organization?

Besides that, who knows what the cartels have done with all this money, they could be financing terrorism or anything...Gee, what a great thing the DEA has done!

Old 12-30-2018, 10:12 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
The question was "Is it time to end The War On Drugs?". The opening line in your reply was "No. Please no.". I read the rest of your post from that point of view, and concluded you are a drug warrior.

That is what the heck I am talking about. Please try to be more clear.

Every single day The War On Drugs drags on more people are harmed. Lives are lost, careers are ruined, families are destroyed, homes and cars are forfeited. We need to be proactive in stopping it. Letting it "take care of itself" is not a good plan.
Drugs like fentanyl, opioids and meth are causing careers to be ruined and both families and communities to be destroyed. And apparently most of the fentanyl is being smuggled in from China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies